Infertility

PIO Side Effects - Anyone?

The first time I did PIO (5 years ago) I didn’t experience any side effects except for the lumps starting a few weeks in. Transfer is scheduled for 7/3 and I’m only 3 shots in and feeling miserable with flu like symptoms. I’m doing 1ml 2x/day and didn’t feel sick till hours after my injection this morning. The injection sites are also a lot more sore this time. Hopefully I’m not actually coming down with a bug as I do feel like the hormones really affected me this time because I also experienced a handful of the “rare but not severe” side effects of the BCP, which was a first. I’m aware this can be a side effect but just wondering if anyone else experienced this from PIO and how long it lasted?

Re: PIO Side Effects - Anyone?

• @MicronesianMamma oh my! I’m so sorry you're having these issues right now. I have not experienced this so I haven’t anything useful to share. Just offering you my support and praying that you’ll feel better soon.
  • Thanks @tinjp78 I called my RE and he confirmed it’s ok, sometimes these side effects occur and I can take Tylenol, which I did. I’m not sure if I’m feeling better now because of the Tylenol or because hours have passed and I haven’t done my morning injection yet. We shall see in a couple hours. Maybe this new reaction to all the hormones this time around is due to the fact that I’m 40 and my body and hormones have just changed a lot since 5 years ago. Who knows…
  • Loading the player...
  • @MicronesianMamma I’m glad that you got some directions from your RE. From the start of this journey for me up until now, I’ve been constantly amazed on how each and every cycle is so different from the other. Our bodies are so amazing. I hope that with all the new reactions you have, may they make you think that they are all necessary for you to get your miracle #2 ❤️ Have a stress free day! It’s July!!! Woohooo!