December 2021 Moms

Weekly Check In 6/28

How far along are you?:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)?

Re: Weekly Check In 6/28

• RDFree32RDFree32 member
    edited June 2021

How far along are you?: 17+2

Upcoming appointments:Just the usual baby check-up next Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Dispirited about food. I don't want to eat when I should; I want to eat when I can't; consumed with counting carbs to keep my blood sugar down. (I feel like all I eat is meat, and I don't even like it that much - Blegkh!)

Rants/Raves: I had been feeling good with energy, but I've had a really difficult time sleeping again this week. So tired I just keep falling asleep at work.

Questions: Anyone with GD have luck keeping their sugar in check for fasting/overnight? What to eat, when? (I'm already on long acting insulin.)

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)? Parade and neighborhood festival! I'm so excited!

• @RDFree32 I'm not trying to keep my blood sugar down per se, but i am finding eating really difficult.  I am hungry part of the time but nothing sounds good, and feel so bloated the other half I don't even want to eat anything.  All I do is drink.  A billion glasses of water mixed with juice or coconut water (regular water is gross to me for some reason!), seltzer, smoothies, and of course my coffee.  I am still so averse to meat, all I can stomach is carbs.  I lost 4 lbs 1st trimester, and somehow gained back all of it plus 5 lbs already this trimester, so I don't know what the heck is going on, but clearly not ruling out GD.

How far along are you?:  17 weeks today

Upcoming appointments:  not until July 14th, then anatomy scan July 26th

How are you feeling?:  overall much better, only 1 day of nausea the entire last week, but see above for how I feel about food lol

Rants/Raves:  Vacation was awesome and the kids all had a blast playing together.  Unfortunately, I got some sad news while there, though.  My best friend's dad passed away really suddenly.  She had a very strained relationship with him, so the feeling are all very confusing.  The funeral is tomorrow. 

Questions: I can never think of any lol

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)?  Probably a bbq either at my sister's or my cousin's house.  Hopefully involving swimming of some sort.

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?: 15 weeks <3

Upcoming appointments: none this week

How are you feeling?: overall ok. I'm getting some energy back but still have horrible sleep some nights (although I've always been like that, even when not pregnant.. I just suck at sleeping).

Rants/Raves: none, surprisingly!

Questions: none

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)? We're going to the zoo on Friday (we figured it would be less rammed that day) but otherwise no plans. My husband has to work on the 5th but I'm off and daycare is closed so maybe I'll take our daughter to do something special (not sure what though .. she'd be thrilled with just going to McDs for lunch or something)

• How far along are you?: 14 Weeks

Upcoming appointments: July 16th for a check up

How are you feeling?: I've been feeling better in general, but I still have periods of feeling nauseous and crappy. 

Rants/Raves: Just anxiously awaiting my NIPT results

Questions: Any recommendations for a good camera I can put in each kid's room? I like having a monitor versus an app.

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)? Not really. Our dogs will be freaking out at fireworks, which I'm not looking forward to. DH has to work on the 5th, but DD and I are off so I need to find something to do with her and still stay cool. 

• How far along are you?: 15w4d

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan 7/22. I have an appointment with my family practice doc tomorrow to recheck my rash. 

How are you feeling?: Tired. Braxton hicks started yesterday in full force. They started at 16 weeks with DS2. 

Rants/Raves: My rash is still there and has actually spread instead of gotten any better even on a moderate dose of prednisone. Nothing seems to help and I'm so tired of being itchy and not sleeping. It's making me grumpy!

Questions:

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)? The last 2 years we spent the 4th with our close friends down the street but they moved in September. We'll probably go to a show but not sure what else. 

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• @mockingjay1 wow I am so sorry your rash isn't improving!  It sounds so miserable :(  also, I didn't realize BH could start this early!!!
  • rgn12rgn12 member

How far along are you?: 17+2

Upcoming appointments: Not until anatomy scan at 20 weeks

How are you feeling?: I’m in more pain recently, my pubic bone has been hurting every time I walk which totally sucks. OB said it’s normal. My RLP seems to have slowed down, but I still randomly get it and I just about jump out of my skin. I feel a little better emotionally after NIPT and AFP screenings came back negative. I think I will feel ready to tell everyone after the anatomy scan. Hoping and praying that works out and everything looks good. I haven’t seen my peanut since 8 weeks.

Rants/Raves: I officially told everyone that needs to know at work. I’ll publicly announce at 20 weeks most likely for coworkers that aren’t impacted by my pregnancy, as well as friends and extended family. Less than three weeks away, which is pretty crazy! I can’t believe we’ve kept it a secret for so long, 

Questions: none

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)? We’re going to hang out with some family friends and our immediate family for a cookout. 

@mockingjay1 ugh that stinks about your rash! I hope that gets better soon!

@melbel0824 I have been using Infant Optics with my daughter for almost two years. You can add a camera to it as well, so if our monitor survives that long I’ll probably just get another camera. It is nothing fancy and picture quality isn’t great, but it doesn’t require WiFi or an app. I’ve also heard that Vava is really good, but I have no experience with it.

@PYLWhammy the zoo sounds like fun!! Enjoy!

@scaredunprepared glad you’re feeling better!

@RDfree32 my sleep hasn’t been great either. I keep waking up super early even I don’t have to! Ughh

• @rgn12 Oh, girl. Pubic symphysis is no joke. I recommend seeing a PT or at least looking up some exercises online. They help.
  • @rdfree32- gosh i feel for you! its hard enough to eat food right now, let alone worry about what type :(

@scaredunprepared- hey due date twin :) my nausea is finally getting better too, though i still have a rough day every so often!

@PYLWhammy- is there a pool or lake nearby?  or even a splash pad? those could be special outings!

@melbel0824- how long has it been since NIPT? i sure hope you get them soon! waiting is the worst.

@mockingjay1-i can not believe the rash isn't gone. Poor thing!! I hope you doctor tomorrow has some new ideas!

@rgn12- i hear you- i will *hopefully* feel much reassured after the AS and be more wanting to share the new publicly.

How far along are you?Today is 17 weeks! I'm just counting the days until my anatomy scan for reassurance though.

Upcoming appointments:  I go back in a week at 18 weeks. Its probably not necessary... but I'm hoping they do the portable scan so we can at least hopefully see no more SCH, as my spotting is nearly gone after 4 weeks finally.

How are you feeling?:   I am feeling less nausea and more energy so thats great. but my anxiety is still very high. 

Rants/Raves: Heartburn is starting to come RIGHT as my appetite is coming back. BOO!

Questions: anyone else feeling a decent amount of discharge? I think I'm hyper aware of any wettness giving the bleeding/spotting. But thats mostly done. But I still panic at the wetness at all. I beleive its a normal part of pregnancy... but ugh

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)?  We go to my Uncle's house on a lake up north. We will be staying in my pop up. Its been going on for almost 20 years, so lots of fun with extended family. They don't know we are pregnant, but its no hiding it anymore. I wish we could wait to share until after the AS... but o well. gonna try to embrace this short time of being pregnant!

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • How far along are you?: 15 weeks

Upcoming appointments: I had a check-up on Monday, we just heard heartbeat and checked in on blood sugars. A/S is 8/5

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling really good, which is a blessing and a curse. I’m starting to get frequent headaches, which is annoying. 

Rants/Raves: None

Questions: None

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)? We will do something low key, just for the kids. It’s my first 4th without my dad (it’s his favorite holiday) so I want to keep it chill in case I’m a mess. 

@RDFree32 I try to snack on a protein bar, nuts, or something with protein before bed. I have noticed when I don’t eat something my fasting numbers are higher. I can totally commiserate with carb counting, I’m finding that this time around things spike me that hadn’t last pregnancy. I had to up my insulin. This is really bumming out the perfectionist in me.

• @JamieH2000 It's been one week today, so I probably still have to wait another week but I'm hopeful it doesn't take the full two weeks. 
  • @mockingjay1 - can you describe your BH? I am experiencing some weird sensations in my stomach, but I’m unsure if its BH. I’m getting some cramp-like pains in my very upper stomach, almost like I did a million crunches, but it comes in waves. They’re uncomfortable. 
  • @eggsbene42 - it's a tightening sensation that is worse when I am more active and not drinking enough. It makes me feel like I have to pee temporarily. It's slightly uncomfortable but not painful. I am so sorry about your dad. I hope it's not too hard for you. Sending hugs. 

@scaredunprepared - I didn't know either until they started early with DS2.

@melbel0824 - we also use infant optics and have a camera in the playroom and both boys' bedrooms. We use one monitor and it cycles through the cameras every 10 sec. The only thing I don't love about it is if it's close to other electronics it can sometimes mess with the connection and you have to move it. Maybe all monitors do that I don't know. 

@JamieH2000 - yay for the spotting finally stopping!

@rgn12 - that sounds so uncomfortable. I hope the pain eases up soon.

Re: my rash - the doc basically has no idea what to do at this point. He referred me to an allergist but they didn't have any openings until october. He is trying another one to see if they can get me in sooner. Hopefully it will be gone before then. My legs seem a little less itchy while my arms are horrible itchy, but maybe that means it's slowly getting better since it started on my legs. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• How far along are you?: 14+3

Upcoming appointments: July 7, 20 and 26

How are you feeling?: A little frustrated right now. I had GD with #1 so we tested early and, shockingly, the GD is back. My OB referred to MFM who can't get me in until the end of July. OB won't prescribe meds so why did I bother testing so early. Also, there's talk of changing my due date til Jan but this baby will come in Dec.

Rants/Raves: I literally can't get enough Ranch dressing. I normally can't stand it. 

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)? Working (healthcare worker so double time at least).
  • How far along are you?: 18 + 0

Upcoming appointments: Midwife July 5th, 2nd ultrasound coming soon!

How are you feeling?: Meh - Really starting to feel pregnant. Standing/walking for more than 15 mins is tiring, my abdomen feels like there's a balloon pushing on everything. Just hard to get comfortable/relax.

Rants/Raves: Rant - Every time I try to brush my f*ing teeth I start gagging. Even threw up the other day. And then had to brush my teeth again of course. As long as I use only a small amount of toothpaste I can do the fronts, but the instant my toothbrush starts to hit the back of my tongue I'm done. Really not helping me feel like I'm taking proper care of myself. 

Questions: I read somewhere that chamomile tea was a no no during pregnancy, but other places say its okay. What have you heard?

GTKY: Any plans for the 4th of July (if you're in the U.S.)? I'm Canadian eh! Canada Day was spent cleaning my house since we're trying to sell it soon. 

• @littleschmidts - all I want is to be able to brush my teeth adequately without gagging.