TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 6.28

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 9th, 25 + 2!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a head of cauliflower! I always think it’s so weird when they choose round things. Like, the baby isn’t a head of a cauliflower, she’s probably more like a tall water bottle πŸ˜†

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’•

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: This afternoon! Regular 24 week appt but also US Β follow up and hopefully we can get a good look at this girls heart and profile today

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! I seem to be transitioning from easy 2nd trimester to third trimester pregnancy pains. I get a lot of hip pains, leg pains, back pains. And my heartburn is awful but manageable with Pepcid.Β 

Rants/Raves:Β 

RAVE! I spent the day with my childhood best friend on Saturday who is also pregnant!! We haven’t seen each other in a couple years, and a couple more years before that. It was a really nice day. I left before my kids got up and got home after they went to bed and it’s been years since I’ve been away for an entire day. So that was a much needed refresh.

Rave + rant… my family is visiting this weekend for the 4th!! My dad, stepmom, and three younger siblings (who are middle school, high school and college aged). I haven’t seen them since December 2019. My littlest brother is now vaccinated so everyone is except my two little kids. We’ve been waiting so long for this! I am SO EXCITED!! BUT, that also means I have to clean my entire house this week… especially my neglected bathrooms 🀒🀒

Questions:Β 

GTKY

• @chindimples04, LOL I love this GTKY.

@vampirina, I'm sorry everything feels stacked against you for the house! When do you move and when are you listing your old place? Hopefully you have some overlap time so things don't feel so rushed.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 29 // 22w3d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of a burger, which sounds delightful πŸ”

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: greenΒ 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STMΒ 

Upcoming appointments: 25 weeks for early glucose test 😬

How are you feeling?: pretty good. Some headaches, tailbone pain if I sit too long, and this baby enjoys stomping kn my cervix, so that's a strange feeling!

Rants/Raves:

I'm getting my hair cut today for the first time in a year. It needs a cut so badly!! But I'm one of those people who immediately regrets every hair cut I get, so I have mixed emotions, LOL.

Questions: for the STM+ crowd: when did you stop using a monitor (or specifically video monitor) for your bigs? With DD, we specifically chose a video monitor where we could add a second camera later, but now that model is discontinued and we can't find the extra cameras in stock anywhereπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ I'm torn between buying a whole new set-up so we can have multiple cameras, vs just buying a cheap audio monitor for the toddler. She'll be freshly 2 when this babe is born.

GTKY: this cracked me up! Apparently I could be a kick ass adult if I could just stay awake when I lie down on the sofa for the evening 🀣

• @galentine I'm not sure when we'll move! We haven't purchased a new home or anything, but we really need a new house since 2 bedrooms and three children is just really a tight squeeze, especially since I'm working from home now (and likely will for the foreseeable future) the goal is to move in Sept, but we'll see what happens. I don't want to wind up with two mortgages so we are trying to do it all at once.Β 

We got rid of our video monitor around 1 years old, but our house is one level and small so it was easy enough to hear DS and DD if anything was amiss.Β 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 7th/ 25+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: size of a TI-89 calculatorΒ 

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM

Upcoming appointments: this FridayΒ 

How are you feeling?: still doing pretty good overall

Rants/Raves:

Questions: I want to start to stock pile on diapers and wipes. I am not sure what size diapers I should be gettingΒ 

GTKY: not sure how to copy and paste the playing board😫

• @galentine we still have video monitors in my 5 to and 3 yo’s rooms! I have pretty bad anxiety at night though so I definitely still need them for my own reassurance even though the kids can just get up and come to our rooms when they need something (and they never wake up at night and rarely get out of bed 🀣)

My son was 22 months when my daughter was born and still in his crib. The monitor was a huge help because if he was yelling or crying we could respond quickly so he didn’t wake the baby. (We can talk to them through their monitors) And great for when the baby napped but he didn’t anymore but I wanted him to have quiet time in his room and the monitor helped assure me he was in there being quiet. Also, I found it very helpful when he transitioned out of his crib and into his big kid bed so we could physically see if he was getting out of his bed and easily correct the behavior.Β 

And now, even though the monitors aren’t necessary, it’s helpful for little things. When they’re playing in their rooms I can observe all kinds of things… if they’re doing something totally disastrous like emptying out their drawers, or my daughter is napping and making noise but I can see she’s going to fall back asleep, or sitting in the corner and obviously pooping LOL, or just being super sweet in their beds and I sit and watch and listen HAHA.Β 

My husband is always like, but WHEN? When do we get rid of the monitors? And I’m like NEVERRRRRR hahahaha
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited June 2021
    @kitandcat, oooooh I hadn't even thought about quiet time when my DD stops napping (hopefully not for a long long time still!!! 🀞🀞) I'll definitely want to be able to see what she's up to then. 
  • kitandcatkitandcat member
    edited June 2021
    @galentine my daughter is 3 yrs + 3 months and still naps 2 hours everyday! My son gave up the naps before he was 2 1/2 😭😭😭😭 I’m hoping for another good napper!!Β 
  • @vampirina I haven’t had a haircut in 18 months. πŸ™ˆ I hate paying for them. 🀣 But I’m also jealous you are going to get one.Β 

@kitandcat I feel the same way about round comparisons. Also, I’m glad you got sometime away and that family is coming to visit! Although I hear you on the cleaning the bathroom.

@galentine We are still using a video monitor with DD and she’s 26 months. We are also switching to a two camera baby monitor when Oct babe arrives. I like being able to check in on her, and will definitely want one when she transitions to a toddler bed. We also have blink indoor mini cameras in the corner of each of the kids rooms and the playroom to see the whole area just in case. She still likes the camera so we will keep it until she’s not longer comfortable with it. Also jealous of your haircut!

@madiirosee Yayy for baby items!!!

@gingermama46 I’m with you on the crap sleep. I’m exhausted 24/7. It’s ridiculous. I woke up with horrendous hip pain today from having to sleep in my side all the dang time. Ugh.

@jtayl962 I bought a few packages of newborn, I think probably a few hundred diapers, and then went to size 1. I don’t have much size 1 but that’s the size I’m buying now.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 24+3
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an ear of corn

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: growth scan on Friday

How are you feeling?: Tired and large

Rants/Raves: my daughter is so, so cute with her baby cousin. She loves to cuddle and pat him. She used to be all about my mom, but now her new favorite person is the baby. πŸ˜† Gives me so hope for a positive reception of new baby brother!

Questions: πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    @galentine, we actually just bought one for my daughter's room for the first time (she just turned two). It'll be useful for managing her transition from crib to bed, and it's fun to check in on her in the morning when she's sitting in her crib playing with her animals πŸ₯°
    @jtayl962 I'm probably not the biggest help with an exact answer to your question since we were using preemie diapers for so long. I guess a good rule of thumb is that babies always get bigger, so they'll need whatever sizes you buy eventually. Some babies graduate through sizes relatively quickly; others camp out in one size for a while.Β 

GTKY: um, bingo. (I'm not sure how to append the image.)

• kandb4kandb4 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 24+6/Oct 12

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: eggplant

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4tm

Upcoming appointments: none

How are you feeling?: Good! Starting to get swollen ankles more consistently 😭 seems early for me but prob due to summer heat and travelling

Rants/Raves: on vacation visiting family and it's been so nice

• @vampirina Timing a home sale to make sure you're not paying a bunch of extra interest is so annoying. πŸ™„ Did it twice now, and I hope to never do it again.

@jtayl962 As a FTM, not sure I'm much help, but I got about 1-2 weeks' worth of newborn size diapers and then a bigger supply of size 1's. I figure that will give me time to get more of the newborn ones if needed, but I won't have spent too much if he ends up never wearing them.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 25+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: The head of MjΓΆlnir, Thor's hammer
    Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Still trying to decide when to go do my glucose screen. I don't have to have it done before 7/17. I read that I might pass it if I get it done too early but still develop GD later. So now I'm torn between finding out early and changing my diet sooner, and waiting till later to increase the validity. Opinions?
    How are you feeling?: Good days, bad days. Trying to actively avoid consuming scary information. But it seems like even "positive" birth stories include some pretty terrifying parts. I guess folks feel like it's not worth writing about if it's not more exciting than, "Went into labor at home, went to the hospital, checked in, got an epidural, fell asleep, pushed for an hour, baby was fine, felt okay later on, everyone discharged on time."
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- As implied elsewhere, my job has sucked this week. I will be very happy when I can temporarily make it someone else's problem. 😁 Rave -- I broke down and got a Squatty Potty for the master bedroom. It...um...does its job.
    Questions: Has anyone used the GentleBirth app? It seems to be an intervention-agnostic mindfulness app. I am hoping to find something to help me feel calmer about whatever ultimately happens to me during birth.
    GTKY:
    My cat made "kept pet alive" a narrower proposition than it should have been this morning. He batted a piece of kibble under the fridge, went for it, and hooked a claw on something about 8 inches underneath it. I was crouched on the floor, trying to work my hands far enough back to feel what he was stuck on. Eventually he squirmed sideways enough that I guess he rotated his paw free, then went and had a sulk in his cat tunnel.