January 2016 Moms
Options

Long hair don't care....

a little vent.... I have not cut my little mans hair. He started off with and awsome Mohawk day one so, it's pretty long now. Doesn't matter what he is wearing( best brother tee included), everyone thinks he's a girl. That doesn't really bother me. It's all the hounding about getting him a hair cut! Don't even get me started on putting it up. If he's rocking a little pony tail/man bun on top people cat seam to stop themselves! Am I the only person that has a boy with long hair? Long hair don't care. 

Re: Long hair don't care....

• Options
    Ive got a girl who can't seem to grow any hair yet, but I love long hair on boys!! It's super cute. Don't cut it!
  • Options
    My son has ringlets. We are talking straight up Shirley Temple ringlets, so he gets mistaken for a girl a lot, always no matter what he wears. So far the only one who really seems to want to cut his hair is his dad. He has been firmly vetoed with threats of death and sleeping on the couch forever if he ever cuts DS's hair. I plan to let it grow and be glorious in its curls until it becomes unmanageable. Once it's long enough, there will definitely be a little man bun. I'm snarky enough that if someone asked when I was getting his hair cut I would say "never". Then when they asked, "but doesn't everyone think he looks like a girl?" I'd respond with "it's not my problem if people are uncomfortable with themselves not being able to tell if a child is a boy or girl. I can't help it if I made a pretty child." But that's me. You keep that boy's glorious locks long if you want to!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I only cut my little guys when it started getting in his eyes and bothering him. His hair however is stick straight and was bothering his neck and ears. Even then I just sat him down in front of some cartoons with a snack and trimmed it myself! 
  • Options
    I also have a little boy who has ringlets in the back. It's not long enough yet that people think he's a girl but im sure it's coming soon. No plans to cut it here either, I think it's adorable!
  • Options
    I'm on the opposite end of that. My daughter was born with a TON of hair, and lost it just on the sides at right around 4 months. For a long time, I would pull it up into ponies or pigtails, but once her pincer grip got really good, she now pulls everything out the minute it goes in. She was coming back to me from daycare with boogers and food crusted in it, so I took her in and got it professionally cut. You would have thought we'd gone in for a female circumcision with the way people reacted! For heaven's sake! It's just hair, and people need to get over it. She looks far "girlier" neat and tidy, and I'm not all wrapped up in gender stigma anyway. I've had a pixie cut in the past, so why is it so bad that my girl looks like Tinkerbell?
    (Also, if he's tolerating man buns and ponies, don't mess with that. Now I have to KEEP UP this dang haircut, which I didn't think about...)
    Stay strong, mama!
  • Options
    I'm the complete opposite! DS has had 3 haircuts! But I'm in the camp of 'you do you'. So just tell people to mind their own business!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DH's grandma told me I needed to cut it so he didn't look like a girl. We've done one hair cut when he was 8 months before family pictures to get rid of his rats tail but now we are growing it out. He has super curly blonde hair and big brown eyes so it's adorable. My favorite comment I get about his hair is when people ask me if it's naturally blonde or naturally curly, ummm no I curl and color my one year old's hair?
  • Options
    I also constantly hear that it is necessary to cut my boy's hair. and he already has a boy's haircut - hair is short, like a little DiCaprio. It also looks like him outwardly)) such a light angel) all my children have long hair (I have an older boy and 2 girls). Maybe genetics played a role because I have long thick hair too or maybe the fact that I drank hair supplements before pregnancy and all pregnancies