Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 6/28

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

Re: TTCAL w/o 6/28

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. CP @ 4 weeks

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I hope it's okay I started this this week, I just know you all are the support that I need right now. I had my BFP about a week ago and really couldn't believe it. We had an appointment with the RE scheduled for the beginning of July and I just thought it was too good to be true but also that with the stress of work over it just must have been the right time. Even though I told MH that it was still so early and we shouldn't get too excited I did get excited and got a couple of books at the library. Well, we went away at the end of last week on a road trip to visit family and got back Sunday morning at 1 AM. When I woke up I was spotting and had slight cramps that definitely felt like AF. I rested and drank a ton of water but I just knew. Full on AF this morning. I'm sad. It was early and I am happy that I know now that I can get pregnant, but I'm still feeling it a lot today.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Well I never cancelled my RE appt so that's still happening next week.

Questions? Not right now. Thanks for reading my novel above.  
  • Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. 6/2021 CP and another about 15 years ago

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? My spotting and clotting finally tapered off after 9 days  :# I'm starting to feel a return to normal but am a little nervous about unknowingly making mistakes with supplements. I had been taking saffron and ginkgo the past couple months to help with mood and memory. I only read right before I O'd last cycle that even a tiny amount of ginkgo is known to increase the likelihood of a MC. I panicked and stopped taking it immediately but did not even reconsider that again until after my loss. Now I'm worried that I've thrown my body off track for an indeterminable amount of time. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? No. I am still trying to find a fertility naturopath in VT. There aren't many naturopaths to begin with so it might take some time to find someone who can help me, isn't super far and is taking new patients. 

Questions? none
  • Loading the player...
  • @fameonmain2 oh, I'm so sorry, friend ❤️ please be gentle with yourself this week. So many hugs ❤️❤️

I agree, it's a good sign that you can get pregnant, and hopefully your appointment with the RE goes well!

@mamanbebe glad your spotting is ending! It is a relief to see that stage end and move on with the rest of the cycle. 

I'm sorry you feel so worried about the supplements, but I doubt they will throw your body off for long, if it all. Hopefully you just need a cycle to get back on track. Are you trying again this cycle, or waiting for a period? I can't remember if you had previously mentioned that.

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.  Spontaneous MC at 7 weeks in May

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I'm just glad to see my cycle returning to some semblance of normal. My O day was 4 days later than normal last cycle (aka the cycle I MC) and this month it feels like it's coming earlier, hopefully back to my normal day!

I guess the only thing that's bothering me now is that with my upcoming return to office, and my unvaccinated status requiring me to wear a mask, I guess I'm upset I don't have a built in "I'm not comfortable getting the vax while PG" excuse. I have a lot of reasons why I'm choosing to delay vaccination and why I wouldn't get it while PG, and I don't want to get harassed/questioned about why I don't have it, and my colleagues don't need to know my medical history or my TTC status. I go back and forth on whether I should just get vaccinated now while I'm benched, and probably should just reach out to my Dr to get her thoughts. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nope.

Questions? Nope. 
  • @fameonmain2 I'm sorry for your loss. We're here if you need us! It's weirdly not an unheard of occurrence to get KU right before seeing an RE. The same happened to me. We were going to go back to the RE for another embryo transfer but life gave us that curveball. If only it would work out for all of us :'( . Take care of yourself <3

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. loss at 8 weeks in October 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? Things are going pretty well. Surprisingly I don't have anything to scream at DH about so this might be the first month in a long time that I don't have a meltdown somewhere between CD8-12. He's been incredibly supportive towards me reading up on a bunch of things since I believe our issue is related to my body accepting embryos and keeping them. Although we don't know if anything was genetically wrong with that first pregnancy so maybe the loss was a fluke and now we're back to getting my body in the right condition again. It probably won't do anything, but for some people antihistamines can help implantation so we're trying that during this cycle and if it doesn't work then I'm scheduling my appointment to finally get the covid vaccine since a vaccine has been the 1 and only thing different in all of these cycles we've ever done besides the one when we got pregnant.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I told myself I would start OPKs on CD12 and not 13 so as to not end up with a positive OPK with the very first test

Questions? no
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @mamanbebe I'm glad to hear your spotting is finally tapering. I don't think you will have set yourself back too much from the pause in supplements. I hope you find a naturopath soon!

@pajamstagrams frankly, the rules at work are partly why I'm willing to just get the vaccine now instead of after the first trimester or viability (that was my original plan). We have to wear our masks in common areas + conference rooms if we're not vaccinated and I'm probably one of the few left that need to follow that. And I can't just pretend that I am someone who is vaccinated because my work has you sign a form to attest that you are 2 weeks past being fully vaccinated and won't need to wear a mask at all at work so I think if I get caught not wearing a mask I could get in trouble. Getting vaccinated now while you're benched could be a good option for you. Otherwise if it's not too obvious maybe an easy "I'm holding off for personal medical reasons" would prevent people from asking questions. I just don't know if "personal medical reasons" screams TTC to other people.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Thanks all <3 

@mamanbebe I'm glad the spotting has stopped. Are you in a very rural part of VT? Could a city in another state be an option distance-wise or for your insurance?

@pajamstagrams Reaching out to your doctor sounds like a good plan since you are benched atm! I know that I don't think twice about why someone is still wearing a mask but I realize not everyone is like that. Also more difficult in a work environment when you're one of the few. Though I just read an article recommending continued masking for all b/c of the delta strain...

@inthewoods23 Aw, good that YH is being so supportive. I always feel like I'm having a meltdown around O time. It's crazy to me that not that long ago is was so hard to get a vaccine and now it's just like scheduling any other one. Weird but good!

• @inthewoods23 ugh, yeah, I'm paranoid people will assume it's because I'm TTC or already PG. Whatever, I guess they can think what they like as long as they don't ask me about it. The ones thing that does worry me is that my desk is gonna be right next to others (def within 6 ft), but we have guidelines that say no masks required at desks. But, do I now have to wear a mask all day because I'm sitting so close? 🙄 I certainly don't want to, and I'm comfortable going maskless, but I don't know if that's going to be 'allowed'. Argh! Ultimately I'm guessing that I'll still be allowed to unmask at my desk, but when I go to a conference room, sitting next to the same people as before, I'll have to put it back on. Which is completely silly, but whatever. 

@fameonmain2 you're right, there might be some who continue to mask even though they're vaccinated, but based on where I live, I'm guessing that's a very small minority. 😬 
  • @fameonmain2 blame it on hormones lol. Since it happens to occur around the same time in my cycle we know it must be related to that. I do like that I will likely be able to schedule an appointment for next day vaccination if I want to. My plan is to get it after AF but a few days before my projected O date so I don't have to play the game of "do I think I'll be at this point in my cycle during these days"

@pajamstagrams do you have walls between your desks? Tall or short? Technically at DH's office which has shorter cubicle walls, when they are sitting at their desks they're really only 5ft apart or so. Basically no matter what they're breaking the 6ft rule. And currently the capacity of their conference rooms can only be 10% so basically they're having all their meetings by Teams even though they can see each other across their cubicles. It's so stupid. Our risk as unvaccinated people right now is probably a lot lower than even a few months ago especially if the majority of the people you see are vaccinated (but it can jump from a vaccinated person to you and only they won't get sick right?). Monday confession that I've gone into stores without a mask on even though most stores still have the recommendation that only fully vaccinated people can shop maskless. Whoops. I'm a lot more diligent with the hand sanitizer when I'm out to help reduce my risk. I have yet to have someone sneeze or cough in my direction so I figure as long as I'm not touching other people or their bodily fluids I will likely be okay.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @pajamstagrams Regional differences are so interesting right now... I'm in New England and really no place requires masks anymore (though everyone recommends if you're not vaccinated) but I was in OH last weekend and I noticed that a lot of smaller restaurants etc. ask you to still wear masks. Which I was fine with since I always have some in the car and in my bag but I just find it interesting. I wouldn't have expected that.
  • @inthewoods23 yeah, there aren't going to be any walls between desks (I don't think it's cubicles, but rather very open concept) I'm sure, so there's nothing stopping the germs from flying around. 🤷‍♀️  Now crowded elevators...that's another story. Can't say I mind the reduced capacity and masking for us unvaxxed there 😂
  • @pajamstagrams what???? haha. Not even plexiglass between people? What is it with places doing things that just defeat the purpose of having these safety measures or don't totally comply with the safety measures? One thing that I never understood what the hanging plexiglass between stations at the hair salon I went to back in April. They're probably the size of a poster board and that's it. I'm guessing the idea was to protect the customers from each other, but that wouldn't stop a stylist from infecting another stylist because there's nothing between them where they stand behind the chairs. Better than nothing I suppose. It's almost like those people that would wear a mask but cut a line through it so they could breathe better. Not helpful lol.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @fameonmain2 I'm so sorry about your loss. <3 I'm outside of Montpelier, but the whole state is so sparsely populated that it seems we only have 1-2 of any given specialist. I think plan B will be doing a virtual intake with my old fertility naturopath in Oregon, which isn't terrible since I'm still not 100% comfortable with post-covid maskless world yet. 

@inthewoods23 I hope the antihistamines help!

@pajamstagrams I'm glad your cycle is returning back to normal. I wouldn't think people will be apt to question your wearing a mask too much, since restriction relaxation is still so new. I am vaccinated and still wear a mask 100% of the time because I do not want to inadvertently carry covid to a vulnerable friend or family member if my immune system did not take to it well. Not a single person has ever questioned my wearing a mask, even if I'm the only person wearing one. I am sure you could be as straight forward as "Because I am still protecting myself and others." I have a family member who worked in an office all through covid and they were allowed to take their masks off at their desks, but I assume it depends on the particular company policy. I hope it works out with little anxiety for you. 

I am going to TTC again this month, so keeping my hopes up that things normalize again! This isn't the first time I've made a mistake like this with bad supplements for TTC, but it's the first time it may have contributed to a loss. 

• @mamanbebe thank you <3 Plan B sounds like a good plan! I am super annoyed that my intake with me RE is over Zoom (teaching on Zoom for so long really scarred me lol) but it's really such a nice option when it comes to something like this. Hopefully you're able to set something up soon!