February 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly randoms 6.21.21

Hope you guys had a good weekend! 

Re: Weekly randoms 6.21.21

• Options
    kmw611kmw611 member
    The midwife I’m meeting will be here in an hour so I’m sitting in the porch swing with my morning coffee, kitting up my newest cross stitch project while my boys run rampant in the yard to curb some of my anxiety. I’m so glad that we’re finally getting warm enough weather that it’s reasonable to have my coffee on the porch. 
  • Options
    @fuscok88 that sounds like a lovely way to start the morning! I am drinking my coffee with the windows open as I start my day; fresh air is so good :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fuscok88 goodluck With your appt!  And @chgilmore the coffee on the porch sounds so nice! Or to open the windows! It’s hot here already. So we’re done With those days until fall. 
  • Options
    @photographerwife yeah I don't know how long the open windows will last, it's supposed to be 90 today so it might be time to break out the air conditioner soon
  • Options
    I called and scheduled my first (8 week) appointment this morning. That still feels surreal. 

My husband is away for work M-F until the end of August, so it is crazy to compare that time and realize first tri will be done by then. It has been 7 weeks already of him only being home on the weekends and it has gone so much faster than I thought it would. 
  • Options
    kmw611kmw611 member
    @chgilmore it was such a great start to the day and as a bonus wore out DS2 so he went down for his nap in about .3 seconds. 

Meeting the midwife went great, we meshed really well and seem to have a very similar philosophy on birth in general and VBAC. I’m going to discuss it with my husband tonight but he’ll definitely sign off on whoever I want as a provider so I’m pretty confident this will be our midwife for this pregnancy. I’m super excited about it. She also only does home visits so yay not having to pack up the kids for appointments 😂🎉. 

@modoodles exciting about the appointment but also that much be really tough having your husband gone so much right now. I hope that time flies by for you.
  • Options
    @fuscok88 yay! I'm glad she's such a good fit for you and your plans :) that's really crucial!
  • Options
    I really want sushi.  I'm hoping some cooked rolls hit the spot......
  • Options
    Good luck @photographerwife! I'm so jealous of the early scans! Here they only do the 20 week anatomy scan and have moved away from the NT scan at 12 weeks, and they don't recommend the NIPT unless you have several risk factors or AMA. I won't even get a shot at hearing the heartbeat until the 12 week appointment. 👎
  • Options
    @photographerwife I feel that. I have mine at 8w1d on Friday and the anxiety is very very real (I also haven't had any testing yet, besides a couple of betas). sending alllll of the good vibes your way :) 
  • Options
    @modoodles oh wow that does feel like a long time! where is "here" for you (I may have missed it in your intro)?? at least part of the justification here for 8 weeks is for dating and confirming that the fetus is, in fact, in the uterus.
  • Options
    @chgilmore I'm in Iowa. 

TW: I was "lucky" to get a dating scan at 11 weeks last time because I got pregnant following an early mc. I ended up being almost 2 weeks ahead of where we thought I was! 

For me, the first visit will be at 8 weeks but I won't even meet the midwife, just the OB coordinator. She will go over all the do/don't lists, what to expect, and family medical histories. I'll do bloodwork at that visit as well, which is good because I've been having a hard time getting the right dose of synthroid. (Hypothyroidism) 
  • Options
    @modoodles wow! That is a long way out! Will they at least use a Doppler at 8 weeks? I have already had a couple of scans and betas because I was being monitored for another ectopic pregnancy and coming from an RE. we saw the heartbeat at 5w5d. But I’m still nervous. I’m sure you understand that PGAL is difficult. I’m grateful that my doctors have been so on top of things this entire time, and it always surprises me to hear about these late scans! My doctor had out intake appt last week, and that’s how we did it with my son too!

@chgilmore I’ll be thinking about you Friday too! 💕💕
  • Options
    @modoodles personally I would push for a sooner ultrasound at the very least to ensure you don’t need closer monitoring due to multiples. I’m only saying this because of personal experience (previously had mono-Di twins). For me, my doctor honored my request for a 6 week ultrasound (next Friday) to determine if it’s a Singleton or multiple pregnancy this time around. 
  • Options
    @photographerwife nope, no dopplar attempt at 8 weeks. 😔 I completely understand your anxiety with PGAL. I am so paranoid and anxious right now. The insomnia has started, and I really miss the naivete of the belief that a positive test means bringing a baby home in a few long months. I'm happy things are going well for you this time! 
  • Options
    @modoodles that’s weird that they moved away from NT and NIPT, unless they’re trying to make it more difficult for someone to make a termination decision based on chromosome abnormalities?

if you’re someone who wouldn’t terminate for ANY reason, then sure, skipping those scans makes sense. 

But if you are someone who would like the information sooner to consider all your options OR if you’re someone that just needs time to process/prepare, then I would look into another ob practice that would consider scans/NIPT by 12 weeks. 
  • Options
    modoodlesmodoodles member
    edited June 2021
    @angelz429 I am in rural Iowa, being seen at a different practice than the one that delivered my 11 month old, and am already having to drive 40 minutes to the closest hospital that will deliver, but yes, we want all he information so we can make educated decisions for our family,, which is why during my last pregnancy we paid out of pocket for the NIPT. 

(Edited for more info)

During my last pregnancy I went to a local(ish) doctor who my best friend recommended. I was extremely uncomfortable with their unwillingness to do the NT scan or the NIPT, and the hospital doesn't have a NICU, which my other children needed, so I switched providers to one that was an hour and 45 minutes away. (Closest NICU, I had delivered there previously, although it had been 12 years.) That practice/hospital is run by an ultra conservative group though, and doesn't even offer birth control. Although I loved my midwife last time, I am trying a new provider and hospital system (again) that is only 40 minutes away, but no NICU. My 11 month old didn't need NICU, so I am hoping hoping to stay closer to home this time. But yeah, that is 3 practices I've been to in the last year and a half that don't routinely recommend the NT scan or the NIPT. 
  • Options
    @modoodles oh man. That’s really unfortunate. Sorry that those are your only choices!
  • Options
    @modoodles I’m really sorry you have such limited choices. Women’s health needs such an overhaul. I hope everything is good, I would also push for an pay out of pocket for testing. I hope this new clinic is a better fit and will work with you.

I drive an hour to my OB because she is amazing so I understand what a pain it is, but I do have hundreds of closer options. Here Beta and progesterone is ran every 48 hours for 2 weeks after a positive test. Then first US at 6-8 weeks and an US again at 12, 16, and 20 weeks. If high risk you’ll get more after 20 as well. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My progesterone is low. It’s always low in my pregnancies and I have to supplement. I also have a history of  Hyperemesis Gravidarum (very severe morning sickness.) While progesterone doesn’t cause it, it can start it sooner. DH and I are going back and forth with what the best option is. There are a few risks either way, but I’m really hoping to not have another HG pregnancy. It’s awful.
  • Options
    @photographerwife Best of luck today!
    @modoodles I agree that it's such a long time to wait. I understand why you need to due to location and provider practices, but damn girl, that's a long time. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    kmw611kmw611 member
    @pricklepants crossing my fingers you get an HG free pregnancy. I’ve got a friend who’s had it every pregnancy and it’s brutal. 

@modoodles I’m sorry you’re having to wait so long for anything. I’ve never had an early ultrasound but I’ve always at least heard the heartbeat on a Doppler and had the option early testing. It’s mind boggling to me they aren’t at least having a listen with the doppler
  • Options
    makingbaconmakingbacon member
    edited June 2021
    What is everyone doing for exercise? Pre-pregnancy I did classes (mixed cardio + weights, lifted weights, ran, etc. I’ve been too anxious to do anything since I found out. I still take long walks with the dog during the day and chase kids, but I’d like to go back to the gym.

Edited to fix a typo. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon I've been doing basically the same things I was doing pre-pregnancy (walking the dog 3x daily, boudoir and pole dance classes). I have modified my dance practice for safety and comfort but I still do 90-min classes about twice a week.
  • Options
    @makingbacon I have been in a decent workout routine for a few months of 2 training days at my gym (small group training sessions using a lot of weights and some cardio) and 2 days of running. I plan to continue that as long as possible. I noticed my heart rate increasing this morning into the 90th percentile range so I just made sure to take small breaks to bring it back down to the 80th. I think you should be fine with continuing your workouts (good for you and baby!) as long as you keep an eye on your heart rate and make modifications when needed. 
  • Options
    @makingbacon the same things I was doing pre-pregnancy, weightlifting and the elliptical. I lifted with my second pregnancy until my 3rd tri. Just listen to your body.
  • Options
    kmw611kmw611 member
    @makingbacon does daily life count? chasing my toddler, walking up and down the stairs roughly 19284749292 times a day because the kids want to be upstairs then downstairs then upstairs then downstairs😂, lots of gardening/yardwork, sometimes after dinner we take a walk with the kids down to the river on our property. 
  • Options
    kmw611kmw611 member
    I forgot to say after my previous reply- my sons painted this morning while I had my coffee and DS1 painted me this telling me it’s a valentine for me. Apparently I’m not the only one excited for February 😂

• Options
    @fuscok88 I'm going to second life being my exercise ATM. We usually take a walk in the evening and general chasing around a one year old is enough for me. When it gets colder, I'll break out our treadmill again to walk on but I'm not willing to give up my naptime peace right now....
  • Options
    @modoodles Aww good luck! I love the set-up! It's adorable!

I had the same concerns with DS for his smash cake pictures (pandemic baby problems) and just like you said, the cake was wayyyyy more important than worrying about being close to me. We actually ended up with the opposite problem, he was so into eating the cake that he hardly played in it and demolished at least half, by way of his stomach. The photographer was laughing so hard, she said she had never had a kid eat so much cake ever.
  • Options
    @modoodles Those are so cute! I love how the cake matches your outfit theme perfectly.
  • Options
    @modoodles so cute! You can totally be extra for the first birthday! We went all out for DS’s too, I think it’s fun! Love the little crown too!
  • Options
    @modoodles so cute! You can totally be extra for the first birthday! We went all out for DS’s too, I think it’s fun! Love the little crown too!
    I don't know why TB hates me.. but this was me not some random person LOL. This is what I get for trying to use TB on my phone.
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• Options
    @modoodles that is adorable! you're going to have great pictures!
  • Options
    kmw611kmw611 member
    My oldest nephew had his high school graduation party yesterday and it was over 100° here which is super abnormal and most people my SIL included don’t have AC. I felt so gross by the time we got home last night. I’m really proud of my nephew and wouldn’t have missed it though. The last year with COVID was really tough for him and at times we weren’t sure he’d finish high school. He’s following my husband’s footsteps and has a summer internship with his union that will hopefully lead to a position in the apprenticeship program. 

We also finally got my car back from the dealership after 3+ weeks. Since we were at my in-laws 3 hours away and couldn’t pick it up my brother went to get it for me. When I called the service guy I’ve been working with this entire time to give him my brothers name and permission to release me vehicle to him the guys seriously said oh yea Steven’s wife? Like really? You’ve called me for literally everything about my car while it’s been there and you’re going to pretend you don’t know who I am without relating it back to my husband who he has only called to double check me declining additional services. I’m probably over reacting based on his other misogynistic behavior this entire time but it really irked me. I need to write a strongly worded complaint/review but I’m too heated to do it right now without a lot of fucks probably😂. 
  • Options
    I have 2 days left of vacation to recover from my vacation (awesome planning on my part, if I do say so myself).

We did a family RV trip from Florida up to Michigan, hitting 3 theme parks most of us haven’t been to (Dollywood, Six Flags Over Georgia, and King’s Island). We left on the 18th and return the RV tomorrow (rental).

It was busy, with a LOT of togetherness. 

I’m glad we went, but I’m glad we’re almost home too. I’m also glad the nausea held off for most of the trip. 

I do think I gained like 10lbs since my clothes from the beginning of the trip are not fitting me like they did when we left 😩