November 2021 Moms

STM+ Check-in 6/23

How far along are you? 

Any new symptoms?

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 

How are your other kids doing this week? 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: STM+ Check-in 6/23

• How far along are you? 18+0

Any new symptoms? Nothing new, hmm maybe that I get more winded carrying our toddler up the stairs? Otherwise just lots of lovely movement

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? AS is on July 9th

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DS, 20 months

How are your other kids doing this week? Great, he's been getting to know his grandparents and aunts in Florida this week since it's our first trip since the pandemic. We also left him overnight for the first time to do a ministaycation at a hotel and it was AMAZING. I cried when we left him but he did just fine.

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished? Definitely my mom and dad, they immigrated over themselves with nothing and worked so hard to give us everything we could need/want growing up. I still don't understand how they were such savvy savers and were able to buy multiple properties too.
  • How far along are you? 20+2

Any new symptoms? I feel like I keep getting a nesting itch. I haven't really acted on it yet but my brain's definitely been getting distracted by home chore things.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Had anatomy scan today and it went SO well. Found out we're having a girl, she's measuring exactly on track, and nothing out of the ordinary cropped up (unlike with my first where I ended up with 3 additional ultrasounds to monitor 2 different conditions). Very happy!

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 2-year-old

How are your other kids doing this week? I'm finally seeing what I've heard people talk about with toddlers where even after giving DS exactly what he asked for, he still might throw a fit because he "doesn't want it". Every weekday morning when I have to get him ready for daycare by a certain time has become an interesting battle because I'll finally get him ready and willing to get dressed and then 3 seconds later it's the last thing he wants to do.

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished? My mom for sure. She kicked butt in a male-dominated career before becoming a stay-at-home-mom (it's own accomplishment for sure; I don't know that I could ever do it, being a SAHM is so much work!), used to compete and win ribbons for horseback riding, earned a black belt in martial arts, is a wealth of historical knowledge, took up dance lessons starting as an adult, and now she sews costumes for professional dance companies. I mean, phew, I feel like such an underachiever by comparison.

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 20 +3

Any new symptoms? Not really, just gassy and heartburn

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Got my first covid vaccine finally tonight, arm is already sore but feeling good otherwise. Anatomy scan in a couple of weeks

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? DS is 4

How are your other kids doing this week? Really good.  We've been crafting a lot this week because I've been feeling pretty good. 

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished? Probably my dad. He just overcame a lot in life and always had the best sense of humor and was just such a light of a person. 

• Oh yes I do have a question! Has anyone heard of the book Siblings Without Rivalry? It was just recommended to me in my first mom group and seems like it'll have some very useful conflict resolution tools. I've got the audiobook.

Any multi moms with other recommendations too? I basically have to deal with constant conflict resolution this week while DS tries to play with my 5yo nephew who wants no part of him and would hit DS when he approached. This experience definitely makes me nervous about being able to handle having multiple kids...
  • @marbellie I haven't heard of it but now I want to add it to my list! I have no experience with helping older siblings transition to a new family member but one thing I heard of that I was planning on doing early on is to have my firstborn choose a gift to give the new baby (to help him feel connected to the process) and to have the newborn baby "give a gift" to him (like an "I come in peace" offering. lol). But that would only potentially help with the first impression, I'm definitely interested in tips for how to help them build a positive relationship afterwards.
  • How far along are you? 19

Any new symptoms? Vomiting again 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 7/6 anatomy scan!

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 3 girls: 5,4,1. They’ve settled in to staying with my in-laws while we transition to our new home state. I’m unsure of how long we’ll be here 🙄

How are your other kids doing this week? I don’t read instructions and already answered lol

Concerns/Questions: 

GTKY: Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished? My older sister. We came from a very abusive and lower income home and she got the brunt of the abuse unfortunately. After marrying young, and trying out several different career paths she decided to go back to school to get her bachelors even though she was in her 30s and had two children. She just graduated with her masters and is taking the boards this summer to be a nurse practitioner.

• sonoshark88sonoshark88 member
    edited June 2021

How far along are you? 20 + 3

Any new symptoms? Nope! Just feeling huge 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Anatomy scan Tuesday! Hoping everything goes well

How many kids do you already have, and how old are they? 1 5 year old 

How are your other kids doing this week? He’s great! We stayed at a friends house for the weekend for a change if scenery, so he’s been playing hard and sleeping less..and whining more as a result lol

Concerns/Questions: none really…I’m kind of worried with this pregnancy, I think I’m nervous bc if Covid and everything.  I’m just really hoping that he’s healthy 

GTKY: Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished? My little sister.  She’s 19 and is such an amazing human, I’m so proud of her.  She just finished her 1st year of college and she’s so smart and driven and is going to do amazing things in her life.