Infertility

May/June 2021 FET Do I have any buddies?

Re: May/June 2021 FET Do I have any buddies?

• @BusinessWife thanks.. it’s negative on the digital and a shadow on the cheap strips. My test is tomorrow morning now. I’m on 1ml progesterone and am guessing they will ask me to stop it after tomorrow’s test. 

Congratulations - a heartbeat!! Must be wonderful to hear ❤️

@niddzz congratulations on your great numbers. Hoping for a good third for you! 

@skyee87 congratulations on your retrieval. Fingers crossed for good news after the fertilization. Will you have genetic testing or a fresh/frozen transfer? 

I didn’t have genetics this time, but now that I’m looking at another round I think I will. 
  • skyee87skyee87 member
    edited June 2021
    @oranges226 thinking of you extra hard today and sending everything I can your way.  

We’re planning to do genetic testing again - DH has a chromosome-based syndrome and it raises the risk of chromosomal issues. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello ladies. Congratulations on the BFPs!!! @BusinessWife @mbradfo2 and @JWatt5 , do you still remember me? If not, it’s cool. I wrote a re-intro below ;)  I was here in 2017-2018. Although DH and I have not stopped TTC since that time, I became inactive here bc I got busy w/ the second degree I was taking as a pre-requisite to the post grad deg I was aiming for. Now that I’ve finished that degree in 2019 and finally got into grad school, and sem break is on, I’ve got time to interact with other humans. Well, the truth is, I jumped back in here when I began noticing my plastic flowers were kind of getting taller. 

I hope to be accepted to this thread for the reason, I had a medicated FET with a day 5 AB blast on June 18th. Today is 3dpt and left side lower back pain took over my day, making me think AF is coming.

My proper intro is down below.

TW - MC mentioned

I’m 42 (Filipina) and DH is 40 (Japanese). We live here in Japan. We’ve been TTC since 2016. I have endometriosis, low AMH, and cold hands and feet. We did 3 AIHs, 12 ERs, fresh and frozen transfers. On Jan. 15, 2020 I got my first BFP but heart beat stopped on week 6. I got a D&C and kept on having ER’s that whole year and got only 1 good egg, froze it and that is what we transferred last Fri. Due to that D&C, I got an adhesion on my uterus that needed to be surgically removed. I had it in Feb of this year and had to have a silicon plate inserted in my womb for 2 months. I learned another kind of pain from that experience. 

Pardon me for this rant. Yesterday DH and I had a heated argument. It started when he asked me if I took my meds on time (progesterone pessaries, Tovias 4mg and Ritodorin (these last 2 meds were for preventing uterine contractions)). It was all good and I could have just simply said yes. But no, he ended that inquiry by saying ‘you missed taking 3 meds, on time, the last time’.  I would normally just let that slip but for a minute I allowed myself to be possessed by the hormones spirits and gave DH a piece of my mind, that I didn’t appreciate him being historical on me and reminding me of that 3 mistakes all the time. I cooled down fast and told him how I really really appreciate his reminders bc I truly needed them. He said he just wanted me to be serious. Oh boy, I didn’t say anything anymore so as not to argue again. But if those spirits were still onto me, I might be whispering these words to his ear “I did 11 out of 12 of those ERs WITHOUT anesthesia, isn’t that serious enough for you?”

• @oranges226 I’m sorry this is happening. I’m hoping that you’ll receive a surprisingly good news when you go in for your blood test.  <3
  • @tinjp78 Of course I remember you!!!  Congratulations on all that hard work you have been up to!  Please remind me, what field are you in?  And oh my gosh, I had no idea you have been through so many retrievals!  I'm sorry 2020 sounds like it has been an especially rough year for you (((((hugs))))) I will be hoping so hard that you had your lucky transfer finally this time! ❤️❤️❤️

@oranges226. I'm so sorry, love.  I was hoping so hard for you that this was it.  ((((Hugs)))) keep us posted and try to take care while you wait for your results...
  • @BusinessWife Education. For grad school, I’m taking up Language and Literacy Education, and will be doing my thesis next sem. I run a small Eng School here in my city. Abt my ERs I’m also losing count of them already. I also hope that we’ll get our miracle this time around bc I’m not sure how many more of those ERs I can still take. 2020 sure is a year to remember.
  • Oh that's right, I do remember you teaching at the school.  I didn't realize you are *running* the school.  That's awesome! @tinjp78  How soon is beta?  Are you planning to test ahead?
  • I got my blood draw this morning.

5.1 hcg. Even lower than I was expecting, but at least this won’t be drawn out with maybes. 
    Out of three embryos at least two implanted but failed. 
    Hoping I can get back in for stimulation next month and have the genetic testing done this time. That’s all I can think of why these haven’t stuck. Starting to lose hope. 

• I'm so sorry @oranges226. I don't know if it helps at all, but I do think that is a good sign that they at least started to implant.  That alone is a huge hurdle.  You may want to do more testing, or it may not even be necessary.  I hate to say it because it's so maddening, but a lot of times, it seems like it just comes down to luck.

<div class=" Spoiler">Out of my seven total, I had one CP, and three fail to implant.  But then we also had three that stuck!  And it honestly feels *completely* random why eventually one would take, but the others didn't.  If we had gone in a different order, we might have started to lose all hope, and wanted to give up, too, but sometimes you just have to get to that "golden child" who is meant to stick and stay. ❤️<b></b></div>
  • I'm soooo sorry @oranges226. My heart goes out to you! I would definitely recommend genetic testing next time if you can. It at least takes the guessing game out of whether or not chromosome abnormalities play a role in the failure and you get more answers. Take care of yourself and I am rooting for you in the future. 

Good luck @tinjp78! I am 5dp5dt today and have beta scheduled for Friday morning. When is your beta?

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• @oranges226 I’m sending you lots of  <3 and a very tight hug. Hoping that everything regarding your next stimms next month would be a breeze. 

@BusinessWife I don’t plan to POAS ahead, I just wanna know the results from my Dr. It  is my husband who usually cave in in this part of the TWW. He might gently ask me if I want to test, but I know deep down he wants me to say yes. I’ll probably agree, to make him happy. But if he doesn’t ask me, I won’t. My first beta is on the 28th.
  • @skyee87 Ya! Let's stretch it out to July!  I need you girls to talk me through this next month.  Also freaking awesome results lady!  I had 6 fertilize too. Twinning!  Oh the long wait through embryology and PGS..I can't wait to hear the results!  Do you get to transfer next cycle or are you waiting? 

@BusinessWife Yessssss!  I'm so dang happy for you! 

• @oranges226 Oh no!  I'm so sorry :(  Do you get to start back up soon?  
  • @danij823 that's so exciting that we're twinning!!  :D Definitely will keep y'all posted as to how it goes. I want to go straight into implantation right after this, but I'm afraid my RE will want to do an ERA cycle before (given the uncertainty when we start on the number of available blasts) so I may get pushed to August (which wouldn't be super bad as August is my and the DH's bdays!). I'll probably know more after I get my period and call the clinic to report. 

@oranges226 I'm so sorry. :( It effin sucks (there's no polite way to say it). Sending you a big hug. Are you planning on asking your RE what should be done next time to improve odds? 
  • @teamginger13 Thanks for your well wishes. My beta is on June 28, 2021. Yours is in a few days! How are you managing this TWW? 

@danji823 That’s awesome, 6 fertilized!!!! Yay yay yay! I’m hoping you’ll get really really good news after they go through the testings  :)
  • @skyee87 Hey my bday is in August too!  The 19th!  I like August but it'd be cool if you could transfer in July :) 

• @tinjp78 Aw thanks! I actually already went through all of the testing and everything in March and it went well :) Sorry that post was totally confusing! I'm getting ready to transfer in July ! 
  • Ah no problem @danij823 ;)  July is almost here! It’s getting so exciting isn’t it? What are you doing to prepare, for the transfer day and the TWW?
  • @tinjp78 I typically manage my TWW pretty well by just focusing on work. I don’t really symptom spot and I don’t test at home just bc I’ve gone thru so many of these so I know what I can emotionally handle and what I can’t. Now that’s it’s almost here though I am starting to get a little anxious. How are you handling it? It’s coming up soon! Are you going to start testing at home? 

Me 35, DH 37

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

• @teamginger13 I’m glad to hear that you’ve developed your own system that works for you during this TWW. I agree that there is so much that we don’t have any control of so better not stress over it. My DH follows a Japanese fertility dr’s blog and he said there that we’d always have to keep our emotions at a neutral state. So, I try that really hard 😅 AFM, I also usually keep myself busy with work and grad school work. But since it is a sem break now and my business is kind of down bc of Covid, I’m a bit bored. Atm, checking to see if I can find a funny movie to watch, but I feel I’ve seen all of them. I hope I get lucky today and find a nice one. If not, I’ll just be fixing my ‘IVF Journey Log’ excel. Oh and I’ll be gathering today all the receipts for this transfer cycle incl the ER cycle, bc there was a slight change in the law here in Japan, and even though we already have used up all of our government subsidies for ART, we might still get some for this cycle, so we are happy about it 🥰 About the testing at home, I’m ready not to and I’d just wait for it at the clinic on Monday next week. FX on your beta on Fri, I know you got this  <3
  • @tinjp78 I'm getting so super excited!  4 weeks!  I arranged a couple days off work for transfer where I'm just gonna relax and watch funny movies.  I have a ridiculous amount of booster HCG injections during my TWW so I won't be able to test at home.  I mean, I could but it would be very hard to know if it was accurate.  So I'm going to wait until the night before beta and test just to get an idea of what to expect from Beta. I'm hoping I'll be able to remain calm and positive.  Easier said than done :) 
  • @danij823 oooh, I can feel your excitement, doll! Your ET is just around the corner. I’ll be rooting hard for you. It’s great you were able to get some time off from work. I could now imagine you all comfy, calm and laughing a lot in front of your TV. What movie is on top of your list? Please do share, I still have 3 more days to go till beta 😄
  • niddzzniddzz member
    @oranges226- I’m sorry! I have been praying a lot for everyone! Please don’t lose hope, it’s like going thru a black hole. Yes I think genetic testing will help- I don’t have my folder with me right now but genetic testing weeded out quite a few embryos during our testing. Lots of prayers your way. 
  • thank you all so much for your support. I’m scheduled to have my baseline scan in mid July and estimated retrieval first week of August. This round, I’m going up from 150 Follistim to 225 so hoping for more eggs. Also will do the genetic testing on any blastocysts. For now I’m just trying to eat healthy and exercise. Might also get some additional supplements for egg quality. 
  • @oranges226 that sounds like a good plan!  If you're not already taking coq10 / ubiquinol, I think that is tops on the list! Other than that, I wouldn't go driving yourself crazy trying to take All The Things(!) Lol it's such a short time away, and will be here before you know it.  I'm excited for you!

@danij823 just four short weeks away!  The time is going to start flying ❤️
  • I guess they’re also adding hcg for stimulation and also trigger in addition to ganirelix and lupron. Anyone have experience with hcg? 
  • @oranges226 I am so glad that you're able to keep going so quickly!  It also sounds like you've got a new fancy protocol to get you some beautiful embryos!  I also did the testing for piece of mind.  I used HCG for trigger for my egg retrieval.  I have not heard of it being used for simulation.  I'm rooting for you so hard!  Please keep us updated and lean on us if you need to! 
  • @tinjp78 you're so close!  I have to admit, I'm a sucker for cheesy romantic comedies and ridiculous Will Ferrell movies.  
  • skyee87skyee87 member
    edited June 2021
    @oranges226 rooting for you! I just used HCG on my last retrieval as a trigger - in my case, we used to help with our maturity ratio (given that last time, with Ovidrel, we had a significant drop from retrieved to mature eggs). I haven't used it as part of stimulation, but a few folks on the infertility subreddit have (and my understanding is that it is also done with the intent to help with maturity of the egg). REs sometimes tend to not use HCG on the first retrieval because, from what I read, HCG increases the risk of OHSS depending on the number of eggs/E2 levels (I didn't have any OHSS - other than usual bloat - to the extent that helps!).
  • @oranges226 you should ask your doctor about HGH (human growth hormones) injections. My RE added that into my third egg retrieval and that was the cycle that I ended up with 3 normal PGS embryos when my previous 2 cycles I had ZERO normal embryos. Every ER cycle since then also I have had at least 1 PGS normal embryo. I truly think it made a difference. That was about 3 years ago when we first started it so I don't know if there are any new studies now but back then it was suggested that it helps with egg quality. I also second the COQ10 - I take 400 mg a day in the months leading up to ER. 

Me 35, DH 37

• @oranges226 I’m also glad that you are back in the saddle again. I’m also rooting hard for you on this next cycle. Whenever my follies aren’t growing as they should be, my Dr adds HCG (60iu) to my HMG during stims. I forgot how many times I’ve done this protocol but I’ll probably know when I finish organizing my notes, it’s such a mess right now. 😅

@danij823 I think we can be movie buddies 🍿

@teamginger13 You will be on my thoughts and prayers today. Praying for good results on your beta 🙏
  • @teamginger13 thinking and praying for you!!! 🙏🙏
  • @tinjp78 thanks! On my way now to get my beta. They don’t usually call with results until the afternoon so it’s shaping up to be a long day. Sigh. 

Me 35, DH 37

• @skyee87 thanks!!

My husband has the day off so he is picking me up from work in a bit to take me to lunch to keep my mind off it. It would be nice if they would call while we were together at lunch but last few transfers they didn't end up calling until closer to 3 PM :( 

Me 35, DH 37

• Well my beta came back negative. I’m sad and disappointed but not entirely surprised. This was my last remaining embryo so now we start again. IVF #6 here we come… ☹️

Me 35, DH 37

• @teamginger13 Oh no!  I'm so very sorry :(  
  • @teamginger13 Oh no, I’m so so sorry. I hope you take some time for you. Thinking of you. 
  • @teamginger13 I'm so sorry. :( Ditto on taking some time for you. Sending you love.
  • tinjp78tinjp78 member
    edited June 2021
    @teamginger13 I’m terribly sorry. I’ll be rooting and hoping that IVF #6 would be THE cycle for you. ❤️
  • Hello. My beta is 12.3 😢 I already cried so much this morning when my BBT was 36.68°C, I kind of already felt we failed again. DH and I had decided before that when this one failed, we were going to move to another clinic because anyway this was our last egg that looked a bit good (3 AB) and we think we’ve been with my clinic for too long already (4 years) and would want to try a different one. But today, I felt I wanted to give our very last frozen egg a chance (Day 3 - 8cell). DH was ready to abandon it and move on to a different clinic but I still wanna give it a go so he accepted. We’ll go back to our clinic on my CD2. Hopefully, we can do the transfer next month (July).

Our hearts are once again crushed into pieces, I really really want a bit of a break but it’s a luxury I can’t afford anymore, I’ll be 43 this year. I feel I can cry my eyes out today. This is super exhausting. But I just need to calm down right now because there’s nothing I can do for this devastating beta anyway. 

Btw, I don’t know if it’s allowed here but can I ask what brand of CoQ10 and Ubiquinol you are taking or can recommend? If it’s not allowed, pls let me know. Thanks.