January 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC 6/18

This reaction is the goal, make 'em good! 
Just kidding. Even mild confessions are ok  ;)

Re: FFFC 6/18

• Options
    I’ve had a Jersey Mike’s sub for lunch this week, 3rd one this pregnancy. 

I WFH and worked maybe 6 hrs this week 🙈 spent most of the week in bed 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @elksamm I ate a loooot of a Jersey Mike’s when I was pregnant w my daughter. It’s just so good 😅
  • Options
    @elksamm @MrsJessS after reading Lily Nichols' book Real Food for Pregnancy I'm not so concerned about sushi or lunch meat. Not eating more than 6oz of tuna a week is important still due to mercury.. but yeah.. trust the source and proper food safety 👍
  • Options
    Confession. ..I don't think I'm going to get THE SHOT 🤦
    Im scared to get the 'recommended' emergency authorized vaccine.. I have low blood platelets and the data is confusing on rare cases of side effects. But I'm also scared to get sick while pregnant. And with more people going back into the office, I'm kinda excited to stop working from home .. but, also don't want to get sick.
    So I'm in a weird place right now.
  • Options
    @elksamm - me too!  I saw my OB for the first time on Thursday and she told me I could eat anything but raw beef and drink alcohol.  I immediately said “so deli meat is ok?” She’s an older Italian woman and replied “Yes! As long as the place has decent turnover, I mean don’t eat mortadella that’s been at the deli for weeks”.  I immediately drove to Jersey Mikes and got a club sub Mikes Way.  

And then my confession is that I also ordered a cheesesteak at Jersey Mikes for “later” which wound up being 5 min later.  Oh and second confession- I ordered them both without wearing a mask!!! Woo hoo! California is finally opened up.  I’ve been fully vaccinated since April and just stoked to finally be mask free.  
  • Options
    @karenmarie9 We went to our first indoor event last night. It was a concert and you had to show proof of vaccination to get in so we felt safe but it was wild to be in a room with a large group of people, maskless!
  • Options
    Y’all got me dying for a Jimmy John’s
    turkey sandwich right now but the closest one to me is in Jersey City.
  • Options
    @Limes030 I need to read that! My OB w my first told me my steak just needed to be medium or medium well. I don’t remember. It was in TX so that was a priority obvi. I cried a little (because hormones) and thanked him because well done steak made me so sad 
  • Options
    @fifilala516 - yay to concerts being back! We saw Coolio at our county fair last week. (Yup, Coolio was at the San Mateo county fair- hilarious!) It was outdoors and still masked but still so fun.  Oh and I feel ya on Jimmy Johns.  I love their bread and our closest/only one is in SF and always closed when I happen to be in the city.  Yum!!! 
  • Options
    @Limes030 I was hesitant to get the vaccine being pregnant but ultimately I decided to get it because getting covid while you’re pregnant can cause serious problems and with everyone vaccinated around me my bubble is gone. But I totally get your hesitation.