January 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms 6/9

Yes, I literally google "random gif" on Wednesdays. 

Re: Weekly Randoms 6/9

• I've decided my oldest kid (he's 4.5) is ready to go to a baseball game with me, so I just bought tickets. So expensive! But I'm really excited about it. I used to be really into sports, but then I met my husband (who is decidedly NOT interested in sports) and so I kinda lost interest just because he was so anti. To his credit, he tolerates hockey games, which is probably the more important sport to me. Anyway, with two boys, I'm SO STOKED to start molding them into sports fans so I can have some buddies to go to games with. 
  • @Lisa3379 MH and I are the same!! He's not a sport fanatic, and I am.  I used to watch all the sports (well only fall baseball) I'm excited to teach my kids all about playing and watch sports!
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband also could NOT care less about sports, so much so he is hoping for a girl. Although I remind him that girls can be into sports/athletes too :)
  • @Lisa3379 - are you going to a Giants game? That’s such an awesome stadium it’s hard not to become a fan.  My nephew is coming in two weeks (he’s 10) and my husband is taking him to the Giants vs A’s game.  I like to go and just watch the kayaks in the water.  Have fun!! We are a huge sports family and the Bay Area is definitely not that vibe 🤣
  • @blackhottamales @karenmarie9 Oh wow, I thought I was the only one with a killjoy husband!  :D;) 

@karenmarie9 We're going to an A's-Royals game. I grew up a HUGE A's fan, so it's only right for my kids' sports initiations to involve my teams  :D  The Giants park is beautiful, though, but it's also more expensive. I figure if this game on Sunday goes well (meaning my kid sits still for at least some of the game, haha), we'll try out a Giants game maybe later this year. And hey! Don't knock Bay Area sports. The Warriors have been a lot of fun to watch the past few years, and Sharks games are always awesome (I'm a Kings fan, though, but I still have to defend hockey wherever it exists)  B) 
  • @Lisa3379 - that’s awesome! Have fun at the game.  Definitely not knocking the teams here.  We love Sharks games and have been to a few.  But compared to NYC, we don’t find the crowds of people at bars rooting for the teams.  We were trying to watch the sharks in 2019 in playoffs at a “sports” bar in Sunnyvale and the bar closed promptly at 9pm while the game was still playing!  Maybe we just haven’t found the right places to watch the games.  
  • @karenmarie20 @Lisa3379 Are you two in San Francisco? I am headed there next week--any must-sees? We're trying to decide if we should do Alcatraz...thoughts??
  • @karenmarie9 Oh, I bet the sports scene doesn't hold a candle to NYC, and that's so lame that bar closed in the middle of the game! Crazy.

@felix08 I'm closer to San Jose than San Francisco. Umm... Alcatraz was fine, I went there with a friend a few years back while she was out visiting. I'd probably do it if I were looking for touristy stuff. Are you bringing kids or adults only? I have a couple suggestions with kids in tow, but otherwise I've only really gone to Giants games or my IVF clinic in the city, haha. But Golden Gate Park is cool, take a walk along the Embarcadero... 
  • @lisa3379 Adults only for this trip! Everyone is kind of on the fence for Alcatraz...maybe we will skip it. Thanks for the tips!
  • I had so much to get done today , then my kids went crazy and I had to wrestle my son...who is absurdly large for being 3. Then I was a little crampy so I just sat on the couch the whole time my kids napped. Got absolutely nothing done so I’m going to have to bust my butt tomorrow during nap time 😭
  • @felix08 - I’m in San Mateo which is 25 minutes from SF.  My brothers are coming in two weeks and I just planned a whole week itinerary for them.  We are doing Alcatraz.  They just put a bunch more tix for sale online a few days ago.  I went a few years ago and really liked it.  So other must do’s- bike Golden Gate Bridge and brunch in Sausalito.  We really like Bernal Heights park (it’s off leash so we bring our pup) - it has amazing views.  Dim Sum in Chinatown for sure- just Google there’s tons of spots.  And Golden Gate park.  And then Spark Lab food truck area is fun for diverse dining options.  Also if you’re craving Taco Bell like I am during pregnancy check out the Taco Bell in Pacifica - it’s on the beach!!!  I mainly go to spots where my dog can play or I can eat, ha!
  • @felix08 omg please go to Smitten ice cream. I think there are a few locations. They make it fresh to order and it’s SO good!! I went on a trip to SF 4 years ago and still dream about that place! Also the arcade museum at fisherman’s wharf is really fun if you’re even the slightest bit interested in that kind of thing. A lot of really cool historical mechanical games as well as standard arcade fare.
  • @shinyobjects- sounds like I have to go to the city soon and try Smitten ice cream! I’ve never been. And I LOVE musee mecanique!  It’s so cool and unique.
  • @karenmarie9 @shinyobjects great! Thanks for the tips. And yes, already drooling over the ice cream!
  • @karenmarie9 @Lisa3379

Hi neighbors! I'm in Sacramento. We go to the bay area often to visit. All my family lives around there. 
  • Hi Cali neighbor @firewife2021!! We’ve been talking about maybe doing a night in Sacramento just to get out of town.  You’ll have to give me some must do’s there.  I saw some cool bike train thing you can ride I wanted to check out!  
  • @karenmarie9

I think you are talking about the brew bike (you don't have to drink to go on it) but it is lots of fun! There's a ton of eateries! Of course the state capitol, and old sacramento is a cool little spot to check out. Few minutes outside of downtown there's folsom which has the infamous Folsom Prison, where Johnny Cash sung Folsom Prison Blues! In the fall when it gets chilly there is Apple Hill about 45 minutes up the hill. And I say fall and chilly, because going there to enjoy a hot cider and apple donut doesn't hit the spot the same when it's 110 out! Oh and we have a Top Golf! Lol
  • kcf19kcf19 member
    So I got rid of most of my baby stuff, but I scored 2 Ollie swaddles today for $15! Has anyone ever used them?
  • I'm going out of town with my husband for the weekend and it's kinda like an anniversary getaway, but he also has a track event for most of the day on Sunday (he drives his car around a track to see how fast/well he can drive - it's his main hobby). So ok, I'll be alone for a lot of the day that day, which is ok! I can sit out at the pool and read and relax and nap and do whatever. But then a couple of his friends and his wives will also be there for the weekend, and I really hope I don't have to be that social with them. I've met one of them a couple times, and I don't know the other people at all. And then I wish I was more pregnant, because at least there's a clear explanation for why I look the way I do, haha! I'm really hoping I have a swimsuit that fits ok because the last thing I want to do is go try on and buy a new suit. 
  • kcf19kcf19 member
    I made a terrible mistake and skipped my unisom last night and woke up feeling terrible. After briefly trying to wake up, I went back to bed. My 6 year old asked why I went back to bed so I told him I didn’t feel good. He said, “I think another baby is coming” 😳😳. We haven’t told the kids yet so I was all… “what did you just say?!”
  • @kcf19 I swear, some of the stories I hear about children having a sixth sense about these things is freaky!!
  • @kcf19 @fifilala516 Dude. This happened here with my 4 year old a week ago. We were sitting on the couch and I had a sweatshirt on, and it was kinda poofed out at my belly, you know? And then I was starving and he could hear my stomach growling. He looked at me and said "Why is your stomach so big? Is there someone in there?"  :o 
  • kcf19kcf19 member
    Lisa3379 said:
    @kcf19 @fifilala516 Dude. This happened here with my 4 year old a week ago. We were sitting on the couch and I had a sweatshirt on, and it was kinda poofed out at my belly, you know? And then I was starving and he could hear my stomach growling. He looked at me and said "Why is your stomach so big? Is there someone in there?"  :o 
    Haha! I’m honestly surprised I haven’t gotten called out for my belly being big yet. My 4 year old shouted “DOES THAT LADY HAVE A BABY IN HER BELLY?! at the pool last weekend and I wanted to crawl under a rock.