January 2022 Moms

Re: FFFC 6/11

• kcf19kcf19 member
    My confession is that since this pregnancy wasn’t planned, I’ve been in a bad headspace and having a hard time getting excited-thus feeling very guilty the past 5 weeks. It’s strange bc I wanted another and never felt “done”, but MH and I agreed it would be best for a plethora of reasons to stop at 3. I was having a really hard time getting past the omfg how am I going to handle 4 kids under 6 when life is already pure chaos?

Good news is now that I’m started to feel better/less nauseous, got my maternity clothes back from my friend, and saw the baby moving around on the ultrasound I am starting to get excited. Or maybe I’m just in a good mood because it’s Friday. 
  • @kcf19 I totally understand where you're coming from. I had that feeling when I was pregnant with my 2nd, and that pregnancy was absolutely planned. My first was 13 months when I got pregnant with the 2nd, and I was freaking out about how I'd handle it all... and then it ended up ok. So fast forward to today, I'm kinda freaking out again - how am I going to handle a 5 and 3 year old with a newborn? I'm guessing it'll all just end up ok like last time. I keep telling myself that we just adapt and figure it out. But yeah, for other reasons too I'm finding it hard to get excited about the pregnancy, but I know I'll get there as we reach certain milestones, kinda like you described. And I'm glad you're starting to feel better! That definitely helps.

My FFFC is I can't stand it when my husband starts touching me. Like, get OFF. This happened with my last pregnancy and that feeling eventually went away, so I'm thinking this is just temporary too, but I feel bad. And then I physically feel bad, hence, get OFF. I think he understands. We were spooning last night before we went to sleep and I was like UGH, LET ME SLEEP  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • We’ve only done the deed once since finding out we were pregnant. Being tired and queasy, the last thing I want to do is have sex. But then I have these crazy vivid sex dreams!! 
  • My confession is I hate those stupid pacifiers with the stuffed animals attached. I think they look dumb and it’s weird to have this huge thing dangling from your mouth. Pacifiers are only for naps and sleeping in my house anyways but I feel bad when people try and give them as gifts. I just don’t get them and feel like everyone has them. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Mine is I have absolutely no fraggin idea what to get the hubs for fathers day. Lmao. We've done all the crafty things. He has all the tools. The bbqs. One of my biggest pet peeves is finding the perfect gift for the person who literally has everything. Lol.

What are you ladies doing? 
  • @laurabridget I’m with you. I bought one of those for my first, spent maybe 30 minutes trying to keep it in his mouth, and then just tossed it into the toy bin. He had zero interest, which suited me just fine. I don’t like pacifiers anyway. 

@firewife2021 I’m going to ask my kids what they want to get for him, and then we’ll order it on Amazon. We did this for Christmas too, and this is why my husband has a Grinch t-shirt, haha. It’s fun to see what they come up with and then they’re excited to watch him open it. 
  • @firewife2021 SAME. He owns all the sports things, technology things, and tool things. I'm at a complete loss. I feel guilty that I have nothing planned. My son suggested getting him a new coffee mug...my husband doesn't drink coffee 😂😂
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @fifilala516 we def have not at all since our embryo transfer! 

@firewife2021 Every year I make him a desk calendar on shutterfly using pictures of the boys from each month of the previous year. I also got him a sous vide this year because he's been yapping about wanting one for awhile.  :D I'm sure I got him the "wrong" one (aka less expensive one), so he'll return it for whichever one he had his eye on, lol.

• @felix08 Ooh, which one did you get? I'm using mine right now, haha. I LOVE it - I won't make steaks or pork without it, it always comes out perfect. 
  • @kcf19 I totally get that. My first I had the hardest time getting excited because he was planned but during the two week wait I got let go from my job, the house we were buying fell through, and just all the things. This time around I’m having a hard time getting excited because I still feel so awful and everything just feels really overwhelming. I didn’t think I would get pregnant this go around and was thinking about waiting until after my husband got back from his summer work but here we are lol

@Lisa3379 yesssss. Physical touch is NOT my love language haha

@firewife2021 my husbands big tool box in the shed conveniently broke so he’s picking out a new one for Father’s Day 😂 easy peasy. Although I should probably mail a care package. Oops. 

Mine: this is our last baby and I am counting down until I’m also done breastfeeding and lose the weight once and for all so I can get a boob job 😂😂😂
  • kcf19kcf19 member
    @MrsJessS I’m already dreading pumping, but I’m kind of excited to nurse again. I’ve nursed all 3 but my daughter and I didn’t have a great experience and looking back I wish I would have either sought more help or given up earlier because I was pretty depressed the whole time worrying about my supply. I always said I wanted a do over, I guess here is my chance. 
  • @Lisa3379 that's good to hear that you love it so much! I was kind of on the fence with whether I thought we'd use it, but I keep hearing nothing but rave reviews. I got him the anova nano. 
  • @kcf19 I hate hate pumping. I had such an awful experience with it while I was working with my first. We were too broke for formula but pumping at work destroyed my mental health. With my second I was with her all the time and just used the haaka and it was so much better 
  • @felix08 oh ok! My in laws have that one, they love it. We have an older model, don’t know which one exactly. 

@kcf19 I know what you mean about the stress nursing can bring. I had low supply with my two but didn’t know it with my first until he was 2 weeks old and growing very slowly. It took me a long time to get over that guilt, I definitely should have consulted a LC sooner. But then we supplemented with formula, and for our second we were really proactive and starting supplementing right away, and it was soooo much nicer nursing the second time around because I wasn’t so worried.