1st Trimester

7 weeks pregnant please help!!

So after years of TTC my husband and I finally have gotten pregnant. Our embryo transfer was April 15 which means I should be about 7 weeks. Unfortunately my baby is only measuring at 5w6 days. My first ultrasound a week before that measured me at 5W5d. So in a whole week the baby has only grown a days worth. We saw a strong heartbeat but we weren’t able to hear it. Now I have a hellish week of just waiting until the next scan to see what my options are. I’m terrified. Has anybody else gone through this? I can see the heartbeat clearly. I can’t imagine D&C a beating heart. Please tell me others have experienced this. Thank you

Re: 7 weeks pregnant please help!!

• Hi knottie, I'm sorry you're going through this, I'm sure saying you're a ball of nerves right now is severely understating things. I haven't gone through a baby measuring small, necessarily, but I have gone through a D&E, and yeah, it's awful, but I survived. It doesn't seem like it at the time, but you might surprise yourself as to how resilient you could be. I'm not saying that this will happen to you for sure, but it may be a good idea just to prep for all scenarios. Again, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm hoping that next week's scan brings some good news for you.
  • I had an ultrasound today at 7w 2days and the dr said I was measuring about a week behind. We saw a heartbeat but didn’t hear it, doc said it was about 98bpm, low but within range. Doc said it is a bit worrisome but he reassured that they can measure behind and catch right back up with no issues. I have read that as long as you see a heartbeat that it is good news. I hope yours turned out alright.