December 2021 Moms

PGAL check-in 6/7

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es).

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

Previous loss(es)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up?

Re: PGAL check-in 6/7

• rgn12rgn12 member
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 14 weeks, December 6, second time mom

Previous loss(es)? December 2020

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Well, I’ve been struggling with both a bit. Physically, I have all the symptoms but nothing is unbearable. Lots of pulling and stretching feelings this time around. I don’t remember feeling this rough overall with DD. Emotionally, I have been struggling the entire pregnancy with worry and fear. Between PGAL, spotting off and on, and the Rhogam fiasco, I’ve just been more stressed than normal. 

Any appointment updates? I am calling as soon as they open today… *TW* I had very minimal spotting again last night three separate times. It’s less than it was the last time it happened, but they told me to come in for any spotting so I can actually get Rhogam. I just don’t understand why this keeps happening. *END TW*

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone else not announce yet? I haven’t told my work officially or announced publicly. I thought I was going to feel ready at 16 weeks, but now I’m not so sure. I told a few friends yesterday, and then of course felt more stressed later that day. 

Any milestones coming up? I guess today? I’m confused as to whether second trimester is 13 or 14 weeks, but I’m 14 weeks today so I am definitely in the second trimester by now. I feel like the NIPT results last week was also a milestone. 
  • Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom?  14 weeks now! Yay! 12/5, STM. 

Previous loss(es)? October/November 2017 @ 8 weeks; vanishing twin @ 8 weeks during my pregnancy with DD (we saw the heartbeats the week before).

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? WELL -clears throat-. Last Friday, I fell down about 4-5 stairs when leaving work. There used to be a ramp there, this past year when I've been WFH due to preschool closures/covid they removed the ramp and put in a small flight of stairs. My brain apparently didn't get the memo and I was looking at some forms I picked out so I didn't -see- it either. I took a step as if I was going to step onto the ramp...and there was just air. Then I remember slamming into the pavement. I was banged up and sore and freaking out a bit, esp. because it was  after 3 on a Friday so what could my OB do for reassurance? And the tech wasn't there so there was no one to do it anyway even if they could fit me in. My RE does his own scans so I called his office and was able to get a quick scan (out of pocket, yay. RE charges 200 per uncovered scan which isn't horrible, mostly annoying). Everything looked good, no bleeding or membrane separation. I've been a little obsessive about checking on baby with my doppler now since I don't think I'll feel more relaxed until I get my 15-16 week scan. 

Any appointment updates?  15-16 week appt next Thurs. They do another ultrasound, boring stuff, schedule the anatomy scan, etc. With DD, the tech was able to show us a bunch of 3d pictures and such so I'm hoping this OB's office will do the same thing.  I'll also be seeing the MFM at around 17-18 weeks (I think my appt is in 3 weeks on a wednesday but my brain is mush right now). 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just raves right now! DD started summer day camp today (she'll go 3 days a week and on the other days she has an art class and swimming lessons). This is the first time I've been away from her for more than an hour or two in 14 months or so. My house is soooo empty but I'm getting things done since DD's room looks like a toy bomb exploded. Hopefully this time I'll be able to get rid of her Little People farm and Little People Elsa palace. She never plays with them anymore and they take up tons of room. When I tried to take them out to donate last time I tried to organize her room, she got very upset and said I was stealing her toys.

Any milestones coming up? Just upcoming scan and appt, nothing major. Still not sure about announcing. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• Loading the player...
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @mbradfo2 oh my goodness, that sounds so scary! I am glad that you and baby are okay though! Such a relief. ❤️

I’m with you about announcing too. I thought I was almost ready, but then PGAL anxiety kicked in. 
  • bkjadebkjade member
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 11/ dec 26/3x

Previous loss(es)? one mc, one mmc

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I am still feeling tired af. like cannot get work done tired. i am useless. emotionally i feel great, i've got normal day to day bs stress (family, work, blah blah) but i am happy and healthy! my oldest daughter is home from college next week so that's a huge bunch of excitement and stress lol. 

Any appointment updates? wednesday!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave! Waterloo sparkling strawberry soda is keeping me from dying of dehydration  <3

Any milestones coming up? This next visit will be a big one since I'll be further along than in both of my losses  <3
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade aww that’s so exciting to have your daughter home! 

I’m still super tired too… I got a random burst of motivation today and got caught up on some stuff for work. I was quite surprised... 🙈
  • @mbradfo2 wow scary!  Glad you got a little reassurance from the scan and can check with the home doppler.  Glad as of now baby is ok.  And glad YOU are ok!
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @rgn12 same! I woke up at 6AM yesterday ready to tackle all of the life that has been piling up but that lasted about an hour and then I wanted a nap lol.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade mine only last an hour too! Haha! 🙈
  • @mbradf02- good to hear from you!! and so scary about the fall. SO glad you could get into RE right away to get checked. I had a minor "slow motion" fall on my side two weeks ago. My OB said that wouldn't cause my bleeding, but of course now I am super cautious everywhere.

I posted a full update on the weekly check in, but I'm still anxious of course. I lost a twin at 7 weeks and had a chemical last summer. This baby is doing great, but the complications can end any time now!! I don't think i will ever breath easy. Once I hit 20 weeks, I will just be anxious about Pre-e again. I'm just praying i can make it until at least 33 weeks (as that is when i had my son and he is totally fine). Its a long 20 weeks ahead!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @mbradfo2 Glad everything turned out okay. That's scary! 

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es).

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 15w2d

Previous loss(es)? 1

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Emotionally not bad. I got approved to move to NS so that is exciting. We have the moving truck comes on Tuesday so that was a bit stressful but I'm okay. Physically also not bad, some nausea and other small things. My body feels stiff. I did go get an at home doppler to try and listen to the heartbeat but I couldn't find it and got scared and put it away. 

Any appointment updates? I have my first in person appointment on Monday with my midwifes

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nope

Any milestones coming up? I'm looking forward to 16 weeks and hopefully hearing baby's heartbeat at my appointment.