Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Weekly Check In w/o 6.7

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:Β  20w 2 days 10/23

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: banana

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’š

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: ANATAOMY SCAN TODAY! I wish we didn't have visitor restrictions so I could bring DS. He's had sooooo many questions about the baby and how it's inside of me. But we can only have one visitor so that's DH.Β 

How are you feeling?: Good! Excited. Anxious. Baby is moving tons, which is reassuring, but I always get so anxious before these types of scans because you never know if it's going to be normal or not.Β 

Rants/Raves: DH and I got in a massive fight yesterday which just doesn't happen with us and I'm still feeling the after affects of it. It was over some miscommunication we experienced and we resolved it this morning, but I'm so drained and upset that it even happened. We don't fight often and especially not like this so I'm just feeling off.Β 

Questions: Anyone have any good water shoe recommendations? The local water park is opening up their lazy river for a cardio hour (walk against the current) and it seems like the most perfect pregnant person exercise, but I need water shoes for it.Β 

GTKY: square pretzel. Obviously it needs to be one of the pretzels because we really don't need two pretzels. And the square one is MORE pretzel-y than the other and the circle one is just a better balance of pretzel imho.

And now I want chex so thanks for that ha.Β 

• Loading the player...

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22w5days

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: an American guinea pig 🐽 

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTMΒ 

Upcoming appointments: midwife follow up 6/17!Β 

How are you feeling?: okay! My back really hurts and my stomach is going through a growth spurt I think because it just feels like it’s pulling and pushing out more. It’s pretty uncomfortable at times.Β 

Rants/Raves: RANT!! This heat is absolutely miserable. I’ve never done well with extreme heat, so adding pregnancy on top of it is just… ugh.Β 

Rave is that DH finally finished painting our accent wall in the nursery and it’s soooo pretty. Some ranting about him though… I got extremely frustrated this weekend to the point of tears because I’m trying to finish up my registry for the most part since I’m having a combined baby shower with my SIL who is due a month after me July 18. We went to buy buy baby to look at some pack n plays, and rocking chairs. He was so hyper fixated on prices that he almost was becoming combative. I’ve spent so much time doing research on items, seeing what others had to say, and taking that into account for price vs. long term use/durability since we want to have more kids after this one. DH has spent literally ZERO time doing any of that. So his only opinions were based on face value. Literally. I wasn’t even looking at some of the most expensive items, it was more of there was a 50-100 dollar variance he was questioning β€œwhy wouldn’t we just get the cheaper one?” Well, honey, because 50plus people say it breaks within a few months! (Example). I mean, seriously. So frustrating.Β 

Questions:

GTKY: the circle pretzel! One type in the bag is good enough for me 🧐

• @vampirina sorry to hear about your fight. I always feel the same after my hubby and I argue. It leaves me feeling badly for a while. I hope things bounce back soon πŸ’“
    @chindimples04 oh no about the prenatal!! Are you able to try a different kind or brand? Not sure if that would help at all.Β 
  • @madiirosee my husband was the same. I put a $500 stroller on the registry (we didn't get it) and DH was like "who would spend $500 on a stroller?!?!" Answer: us, just two years later when we realized thats crappy strollers really suck and we wanted the option to add a second seat or use it as a one seater. He learned really quickly that a lot of big ticket items are worth the big costs. An expensive mistake since we had so many "cheap" items that just didn't suit our needs!

Also he's not buying stuff off the registry anyway. Always register for the good stuff you really want (along with some mid priced and low priced stuff) if you don't get it, you don't HAVE to buy it. But if you DO get it, its really really great. You never know what your rich aunt from Maryland and her also wealthy kids are willing to buy you πŸ€ͺ.Β  Or if you'll wind up with enough gift cards to get the pack n play of your dreams.Β 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/10, 22+1

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: guinea pig; his inner ear is developing his sense of balance

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’™

FTM/STM/TTM+: Stm

Upcoming appointments: next Thursday - they seem to be coming faster now, even though they are still 4 weeks apart

How are you feeling?: good, annoyed at how sensitive to the sun I am

Rants/Raves: Rave - Now that everyone in my extended circle (family and friends) is fully vaccinated, life seems to be getting back to normal. We went to a pool party for a few missed birthdays on Saturday and it was so much fun. I got to hug people that I haven't hugged in almost a year and a half!

Rant - going to Disneyland this weekend and the weather forecast keeps getting hotter. Not sure how I'm going to handle it, but I'm so happy I found my cooling scarves.Β 

Questions:

GTKY: square pretzel. I feel like it is oddly buttery, which I don't need in Chex Mix. I'd much much rather have some honey nut Chex Mix though.Β 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š:πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+:FTM

Upcoming appointments:July 2nd

How are you feeling?: Good. I am experiencing the heat here too. The air conditioning is becoming my best friend

Rants/Raves:Rave: yesterday at church one of our youth pastors had a baby the Friday of Memorial day weekend. His wife brought the baby in and DH actually got excited to see their baby. He doesn't usually get this gaga over some else's baby. He told me he couldn't wait for our little girl to be born.

Questions:

GTKY: I'm not a big Chex fan but if I had to choose the rye bread chip

@vampirina sorry about the fight. It's hard to shake it off especially if you and your DH are always on the same page

@madiirosee I would put it on the registry. You never know who will buy it for. I thought the same when I did my bridal shower registryΒ  but I got some big items. If you have a big family, multiple people may pitch in to get it. My cousins did that with the pot and pan set that I wanted.

• kandb4kandb4 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21+6 (10/12)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baseball hat

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’—

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4tm

Upcoming appointments: end of June

How are you feeling?: Good

Rants/Raves: switched DS out of nursery and have started adding little girl accents to it 😍 the bigs picked out a sweet, little unicorn stuffed animal (completely unprovoked) for baby sister while I was looking for changing pad covers.... they're so excited!

Questions:

GTKY: could probably go without the mini bread stick

• kandb4kandb4 member
    @madiirosee definitely register for what you love. If you don't get it, then debate budget and style. Lots of people pool together for the big gifts or you'll get gift cards/completion coupons that make it doable.Β 

Maybe it was just sticker shock for him. Like you said, you did the research and know it's worth the little extra especially if you plan on using for multiple children!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 21 weeks today

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a chipotle burrito

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Not until the end of the month

How are you feeling?: Alright super tired. Which has more to do with the fact that we had to host DH's best friend and his girlfriend this weekend and stayed up late catching up and talking.

Rants/Raves: Rant, work has just been super stressful. I was crying last night just thinking about this week. Just having a hard time catching up when it comes to staffing levels because it's super difficult to find people right now. Rave, the baby shower went well, and I am happy that it is over.Β 

Questions: STM/TTM+ if you had to move your out of the nursery into a different bedroom, did you do it before baby arrived or after if you had baby in your own bedroom? Trying to figure out this timeline. But MIL will stay with us for a while and DS' new room will keep the queen bed in it that we use as a spare for a while.

GTKY: I've always referred to it as the window pretzel...I may be alone in this haha @aztecash yes! why does it taste buttery?

@madiirosee agree with everyone else, register for what you love. DH was the same way with prices His job was to look at and research car seats and strollers. I think that after his research in looking at safety ratings and reviews made him realize that you get what you pay for and that the cheaper items crap out way too soon.

@kandb4 so so cute that your big kids picked out a stuffed animal for baby!

@vampirina sorry about your fight. I am the same way after a fight. DH and I got into one last week. We've got so much outside stress at work that I feel like we've both been at our tipping point. I hope you all get some quality time this evening.

@chindimples04 have you switched vitamins? Maybe that would help. I would be also very over that side effect.

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/15, 21+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: banana

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: next Tuesday

How are you feeling?: Tired, emotional

Rants/Raves: little baby fetus has really been active lately; it's fun to feel him moving! Definitely have been feeling more connected and attached to my pregnancy and future child.

Questions: πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ @madiirosee yeah, register for what you want. You never know what people will be down to buy. And sometimes if you have something on a registry, you can go purchase it yourself after the shower or birth or whatever for a discount.

GTKY: square pretzel (or window pretzel--I like that, @gingermama46!). We don't need two pretzels, especially since they don't carry much of the flavor into the mix, just salt. And there's already two square shapes; we don't need a third.Β 

• @galentine Good luck with your scan! I assume you're still planning to stay team green?

@madiirosee I agree with buying quality items. I have bought enough both cheap and expensive running gear to understand why people drop money on the good stuff. Minor design flaws become unbearable on objects in constant use. Is there anything you can get used if nobody buys it for you? I found a Baby Bjorn for $30 on consignment. The finish is peeling off the buttons, but who TF cares about that?

@aztecash How wonderful! A pool party sounds glorious right now.

@chindimples04 Try a prenatal with iron. That might reverse the situation, lol.

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 10/12, 22+0
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: A kale smoothie
    FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM
    Upcoming appointments: Follow up next week
    How are you feeling?: Hot, bloated. I take Nexium, so I don't get heartburn much, but I'm definitely starting to get reflux. So I'm trying out eating a collection of snacks through the day instead of lunch.
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- Still the heat, blargh. It's supposed to stick around till Friday. What's up with this "it's either 45 or 90 degrees" nonsense? Rave -- I picked up a used Mamaroo off of Facebook Marketplace last night. And Saturday I went to the consignment store and bought an entire wardrobe of newborn and 0-3 month onesies, sleepers, a diaper bag, and three SwaddleMe pods for $75. I need a couple more long sleeve onesies and some pants, and then my clothes shopping is done.
    Questions: Babies get active and quiet days, right? Sunday he was super active. Yesterday and today, still noticeable but not nearly as much. It's too soon for kick counts, I know.
    GTKY: I don't eat a lot of Chex Mix, but when I do, it's really not about the pretzels. They can both take a hike.
  • @noprobalo at my scan yesterday I mentioned that this baby was so much more quiet than my previous two and my doctor said that the baby still has a ton of room to move around. So they might be moving a ton, but I might not feel it based on their current position.Β  Totally normal to feel a lot of movement one day, but not the next at this stage.Β 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: Oct 12 // 22w0d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a COCONUT! Yum

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: check up with midwife next week (I’ll be 23 weeks) and second level US bc they couldn’t see the bowel and a major artery in our first one bc baby was asleep lol

How are you feeling?: good! Honestly I dont know how to answer this question. Whenever people ask me i just say β€œum...pregnant?!?!?” Lol. Maybe they’re expecting me to complain but I am having a great pregnancy so I just say pregnant πŸ˜‚

Rants/Raves: Rant: why are maternity jeans so expensive? I get it, sure, you want designer jeans but I can’t stand paying $150 for a pair of pants I’m going to wear for maybe 5 months two times (we’re planning to have 2 kids). Another- I went to urgent care the other day for a possible UTI bc I was peeing so much (granted, it’s hot AF and the baby is growing) and my midwife wanted me to just go get it checked out so I went and will probably be charged for it even though it was very much negative LOL. Good times.Β 

Rave: we are making some serious progress on remodeling our basement!!! We are adding in a new office space and a spare bed (baby is moving into our only spare bed upstairs) for visitors. The nursery is coming along as well - we picked out the shiplap for the accent wall and tore up the nasty carpet to put in nice vinyl flooring. Woo!!!

Questions:

GTKY: UM the mini breadstick. They are dry as hell and taste like garbage anyway.Β 

@madiirosee giiiiirl shoot. You wanna have Gucci taste and get quality items that will last longer? Do it. It’s prob the only shower you’re ever gonna get so go big. And, you usually get a discount to buy any unpurchased items after your shower anyway so i would tell DH to get with the program (I’m speaking from experience bc DH and I had the exact same conversation). I had the same issue with my bridal registry- my mom made me upgrade to the most expensive Vitamix and insisted someone would buy it for me and by god, someone did the next day so hey, you never know!!!Β 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 22 + 3, Oct 9th!Β 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: No idea. Why do I never know this?! 🀣🀣 I need to Google it… ok, a kale smoothie! 🀣🀣🀣

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’“

Upcoming appointments: Just had my anatomy scan last Thursday! Next appt is June 28th and I’ll have another US because they couldn’t see her profile or her heart. She was head down with her spine facing up to my belly.Β 

How are you feeling?: Good! My heartburn is getting worse but Pepcid is a lifesaver. I AM SO HOT ALL THE TIME. We’ve spending a lot of time outside because what else does a SAHM do in the summer with two little kids?! But it’s been high 80s here all this week and last and I seriously feel like I’m dying. And then I get irritated and mad when I’m hot. I’ve learned that I feel about a million times hotter if I don’t cover every inch of exposed skin in sunscreen. If I am inside after being in the sun without sunscreen it’s like I cannot recover and cool down and then I can’t sleep. But sunscreen seems to do the trick.

Rants/Raves: Rave! It was fun to tell the kids they’re having a sister! We gave them cupcakes to bite into that were pink on the inside. DS took a couple bites and said β€œI see pink! I see pink!” And DD dropped hers on the ground and cried hysterically 🀣🀣🀣🀣 thankfully we had an extra. They’re both really excited for a sister!Β 

Β Rave #2! We live about a 5 minute walk from a splash pad and it hasn’t been too busy and it’s heaven. All the little kids and then my pregnant self are waddling around playing in the water HAHAHAΒ 

RANT: Maternity clothes. They all suck. And my size is always out of stock. I just ordered a maternity swimsuit and a maternity dress to wear to a wedding in July and crossing my fingers they both fit and look nice!Β 

Questions:

GTKY: I HATE RYE CHIPS. I am in shock more people are not getting rid of the rye chips!!!Β 

• @kitandcat deets on where you got the dress from?! I have a wedding next month and am still clueless as to what to get!!Β 
  • @noprobalo, yes, planning to stay Team Green! And I'm finally feeling excited by it, rather than just "I'm doing it for H" kind of thing. I'm really nervous that the tech will slip and use a his/her pronoun! 😬
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:Β  10/10 - 22+3

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a roll of paper towels

Team πŸ’—πŸ’™πŸ’š: πŸ’š

Upcoming appointments: None this week

How are you feeling?: I feel great... honestly could almost forget I am pregnant right now, other than the squirms!

Rants/Raves: I have no self control lately and need to stop eating all.the.things!Β  I haven't been hungry at dinner time, but the snacking after my boys go to bed is unreal!

Questions: Anyone have good snack ideas so that I don't wake up feeling like crap after my poor night time decisions?

GTKY:Β  Circle Pretzel

• @cenzosmomma so I loooove doing like, cheese and crackers, grapes, mandarin oranges, maybe some pretzels dipped in peanut butter or mustard, cashews. Basically things you’d find on a charcuterie board but obviously not as fancy πŸ˜…Β 
  • @cenzosmomma I'm there, too. Right now my stash consists of cottage cheese, Greek yogurt cups, sharp cheddar cheese, crackers, bananas, pre-cooked bacon, dried fruit, and whole grain bagels with cream cheese. Some combo of these spaced over a few hours constitute a meal. I was proud of myself that I ate some green beans last night, though.
  • @kateshepherd828 Pink Blush! This is the one I ordered for a formal wedding. I’m hoping it’s not deathly hot and thick. There are so many good full length dresses on Pink Blush that seem so light and airy for summer but I’m only 5’1” and always drowning in maxi dresses 🀣

• @vampirina I hope you are emotionally recharged now. Fighting with SO is so hard.Β 
    @madiirosee Yayy for a finished accent wall. I just bought a bottle that will basically get me through the rest of my pregnancy so I’d hate to waste it. It’s the same brand I used with my daughter so I’m confused.
    @aztecash have fun at Disneyland! It’s been in the upper 90s here for over a week and I’m already dying! Going to be a LONG summer!
    @jtayl962 I usually get so much hate for disliking the rye chip! But it’s not good. Happy to hear someone else isn’t a big fan!

be back later for more replies!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

• Okay, I’m back!

@kandb4 that’s so sweet of the bigs! ❀️ I love nursery decorating!
    @gingermama46 we have already moved DD to her new room. We didn’t want her to feel like she was getting kicked out of her room to make room for the new one so we moved or almost immediately, that way she learns her new space and is comfortable in it well before baby boy arrives. Also, if I remember to take it everyday, I don’t have that side effect, but if it forget it for a day or two, it hits me. Like, why? It’s the same one I took with DD.
    @pizzaplz I agree, the movement totally helps me feel more connected too!
    @Valentine enjoy your date night! DD was probably 24 or 25 months when we finally took a β€œjust us date” and it was so nice to get away for just a few hours!
    @noprobalo it does have iron! That’s the crazy part ! And yes, very normal to have quieter and more active days. As long as you notice him everyday, you’re good!
    @kateshepherd828 isnt the healthcare system a beautiful thing!? πŸ™ƒΒ 
    @kitandcat I feel you on the heat! Our heat index today is 100 and 1005 for tomorrow. I’m so over it! #pregnantmomsummer is not my favorite. 🀣
    @cenzosmomma i do a lot of fresh veggies with dill dip, lunchables, uncrustables, things like that. I precut a bunch of veggies and just have a big container of them ready to eat.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

• madiiroseemadiirosee member
    edited June 2021