Infertility

May/June 2021 FET Do I have any buddies?

Re: May/June 2021 FET Do I have any buddies?

• @chuchugak Good luck darlin, I hope you get some great news this week!! 
  • @danij823 so very sorry to hear about the delay! The waiting game absolutely sucks and IF makes the whole process all the more unpredictable. I'm looking at an August transfer (assuming my clinic's lab closure keeps me from a July one) so I'll still be here if you need a buddy! :smiley:

@chuchugak FX for good news!! 

AFM - Started estradiol and ganirelix on Saturday and looking like AF will make an appearance tomorrow (pink-ish discharge today) and then off to baseline. How terrified should I be of the hCG trigger?! That needle is huge!!  
  • Loading the player...
  • @skyee87 Yes, I've said it before but the waiting really is the hardest part. 
    My trigger shot didn't hurt a bit!  I hope yours is the same :) 
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @danij823 - I’m sorry to hear that - hopefully it passes quickly!!! 

@chuchugak - hoping to hear good news!!! 

AFM 

First beta is in at 13dp5dt and it’s 946!!!

Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @JWatt5 Oh my gosh, so wonderful!!!! 
  • @JWatt5 yahooo!!!! Congrats!!! <3
  • @JWatt5 Wow!!!  Congratulations!!!!!! 🎉🎉🎉

<div class=" Spoiler">We have already discussed what a ridiculously long time that is to wait for a first beta. Lol well I was getting so antsy waiting between my second beta / first scan, I went ahead and POAS, and I got this *Gorgeous* dye-stealer. 😍 On 13dp5dt.  You should do it too, if you have any extra tests still!  It's something to behold!  After all we've been through, there is something really satisfying / convincing about seeing that super dark line. :)</div>

@skyee87 GL!  Trigger is like nothing.  Are you taking Ovidrel?  Or are you doing the vial?  Either way the sub-q is just a skinny little thing, you barely have to break the skin.  It's over before you know it.
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @BusinessWife - sent you a DM. I got a nice one today too!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• skyee87skyee87 member
    edited June 2021
    @BusinessWife thank you! Not taking ovidrel this time - RE wants to try pregnyl and see if we can retrieve more mature eggs this time around. The needle on that one seems pretty intense when compared to the others (intramuscular?), but I'll trust you and try not to think about it until it's time  :D

Edited to add - just scheduled my baseline for tomorrow and start stims on 6/10. I'm so excited to finally get this show on the road.
  • oh, wild!  @skyee87  It's not thick though, like PIO, so that helps.  Once you're all set, just close your eyes and jab it in QUICK!, like a dart.  Don't think too much!  lol  You'll be fine. <3
  • @JWatt5 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wonderful news and good idea enjoy the dye stealer ;). Great numbers! 

Really quick does 13dp5dt mean 13 days your day 5 transfer? So almost two weeks after putting embryis back?  Bless you all for the patience...I'd have no self control and pee on every stick except, I'm out of wondfos and I'd have to order from the US and they take forever. So it would force me to be patient and try not to symptom spot. 

Waiting to hear from RE on embryo quality/testing....totally not anxious. (As I puke from nervousness lol!)
  • @skyee87 the hardest thing about trigger is the freaking complicated assembly, with glass ampules and all that mess. We ended up being 15 mins late because of assembly. Would start early next time!
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @chuchugak - yep 13 days after transfer lol. My clinic usually does 12 days but wasn’t open Sunday. I’ve been using a First Response everyday since 5dpt! So I had that reassurance but you never know what beta will be. I was super surprised. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @skyee87 I had Pregnyl, my husband did it and I didn't feel it at all.  I was almost in tears because I was so nervous but I promise it was nothin!   I hope your stims go well darlin! 
  • thank you all! <3 Really hoping all goes well and we get something out of this round. :)
  • My nurse is telling me to stop taking my birth control tomorrow, call with a period, then restart it on Monday for 2 more weeks, then call with another period. 2 periods in one month?  Um my body doesn't like to get periods when it's supposed to so I'm kinda freaking out.  
  • Hi Everyone!

I hope you don’t mind me joining! Congratulations on all the bfps and beta results so far!

I’m new to this forum. I have been TTC #1 since January 2020 and I am 37. Have been through the work-up and have been diagnosed as unexplained. We went through two IUIs and then switched gears to IVF. I had egg collection in February. 3 day 5 blastocysts were frozen.

TW…

We had our first FET on April 1, which was our first positive pregnancy test. It ended in miscarriage at 6 weeks. I’m trying to take it as a positive that we got pregnant for the first time.

On June 10th, we’ll be transferring our remaining two (lower quality) embryos. I’ve been much more anxious and impatient this time around.

Please let me know if I messed up with etiquette here, it’s my first time!

Wishing everyone luck
  • edited June 2021
    Welcome! @oranges226. I'm sorry for your loss.  Our April transfer didn't work out either, but now here we are.  FX this next time will be the one! :)

@danij823 Uhm... My only medicated cycles were pretty low key, so idk what kind of special protocol they are using for you.... Can you call / email your nurse and ask what is the reasoning behind that?  Like you said, seven weeks out from transfer, and forcing an extra period and a couple random weeks of BCPs in there, I have to wonder if there is a clinical reason for that?  Or just some weird thing to manage the timing?
  • danij823danij823 member
    edited June 2021
    @BusinessWife So I just got my Official, fancy, color coded and highlighted FET Calendar.  It for sure says stop B/C today then start again Monday the 14th. What the heck? Then Lupron Injections for three weeks starting 6/26.  Holy poop, I had no idea I'd be on those suckers so long. Ick. Also have Estrogen patches and pills & PIO of course. Then some other fun stuff:  Medrol, Baby aspirin, HCG Trigger and boosters..lame!!  
    Well, at least I know the exact plan now!  As long as nothing goes wrong, all my appointments and even betas are scheduled.  I'm going to calm down and trust the process at this point.  It's all I can do. I can't stay this crazy lol. 
    ETA: Just heard back, my nurse said it's because my transfer was pushed back and I had already been on 2 weeks of B/C pills. So ya, fun times. 
  • @oranges226 So sorry about April :(  I hope this next one is the lucky transfer ! 
  • @oranges226 - I'm sorry for your loss and FX for a positive next round :(

@danij823 good luck as you gear up for the next cycle! Even if unintentional you made me smile when you wrote your body doesn't like getting periods when supposed to. Seems alot of IF is almost battling your body!

AFM - TW

Heard from doctor.  Male embryo was not normal, so no transfer. :(

It so happened the call took place after I finally looked at finances. YES, IVF is cheaper here than in the US, but when all is said an done, I paid 3K in drugs, 1K in appointments, 3K embryo transfer and 1K in genetic testing...so its still straight 8K out of pocket that will take us a while to pay.  On top of that, the appointments, pain of shots, physical symptoms. And worst, the sadness I feel now. In this exact moment I couldn't say if we will try again soon, I prob need to recover from the disappointment I feel.

Just sharing I know you all know this pain and sadness and it feels better to share with those who do. 

• @chuchugak. I'm sorry you did not get the results you were hoping for.  Did they say if any of the others were normal?  I know we've got very many ladies on these boards who would love nothing more than to have a single normal embryo to transfer, <i>male or female</i>.  There is so much we try to manipulate and control about this process, but it's things like this that go to show, it's really out of our hands.  Us, the doctors, nurses, embryologists, whomever - no one ultimately has a say in how it turns out, except some divine Providence, luck, chance, whatever you want to call it.  Perhaps the universe is giving you a gift in an unexpected package.  GL with whatever you decide to do going forward.
  • @danij823 I'm glad you finally have your calendar and a clear plan, but man, that still stinks about the added delay.  Hopefully your ute decides to behave at least for these couple extra BCP weeks.  Fx it goes like clockwork! ((((Hugs))))
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @chuchugak - I'm sorry to hear that.
    @oranges226 - Welcome!

AFM
    Second Beta was 2285 so I have an ultrasound booked right at 6 weeks on Thursday next week
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @oranges226 welcome - I wish you the best this week!

@chuchugak I'm so sorry.  I hear you, of course, it's not just down to finances but it hurts so much knowing all that money with nothing to show for it.  

@danij823 That is an intense protocol!  But at least you have your calendar now!!
  • @chuchugak sorry to hear your news. It’s so hard with every setback and the cost is tough!
  • @JWatt5 Wonderful numbers! Excited about you US.  Will you just stay on the BMB after that or come back and forth?  

@BusinessWife You are right and honestly, given my continuous losses I would be thrilled to implant any healthy embryo myself. The challenge is that my husband only agreed to the process for a male, he has three daughters and loves them to death but feels no compulsion to have any more.  I love my step/daughters and would have been thrilled to implant any embryo that was normal. In a way it adds to the pain because I know there was one healthy female embryo but, per our previous agreement, can't implant.  He did say yesterday that he was willing to do this only one more time, so before doing so I'm starting one of this movie montage moments. :)

I'm going to get all of the supplements from It Starts with an Egg (as using some but not all), get back to my daily workouts to ease my stress and help me to eat better, and tackle my recent stress/hormone weight gain.  Just get healthier overrall before next attempt.  Commit to consistent prayers, affirmations, visualizations, etc 

I agree that there is so much we try to control, but ultimately, like so many big moments in life, it feels like the real test is not what is in front of you, but the letting go of control and acceptance part. I'm still sad and processing but feel optimistic about a plan for improving my health, mental state and egg quality moving forward. 
  • niddzzniddzz member
    edited June 2021

HI EVERYONE!!!! am 32 and DH 35. TTC since May 2015, DX: UNKNOWN. 4 IUI CYClES- all BFN.  FIRST IVF cycle- Egg retrieval was March 2021- and FET JUNE 5th, 2021.  5 PGT tested embryos! Today June 10, 2021 is 5 days post FET.  Trigger show was may 29 2020- which was 12 days ago.  I got a EXTREMEly faint BFP yesterday night ( 4 days pot fet ) and again this morning (5 days post fet)- could it be the HCG from the trigger shot 12 days agooo?????? really unsure and so nervous. please help!

• JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @niddzz - that's exciting. 12 days post trigger maybe it should be but with it getting darker...looking like a BFP. I got my first at 5dpt and it just kept getting darker. Fingers crossed.

@chuchugak - I followed that book. I took a couple specific supplements to help and got the best baseline count in a couple years for my ER. Message me if you'd like to see what I did!

TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• Congratulations on your transfer!!!  @niddzz  Let me ask, what kind of test is it?  I will say, at 5dp5dt with FRER it can still go either way.  It more depends on how dark it is, and moreso on progression.  You also can't necessarily freak out if the FMU test vs the afternoon are not going the right direction.  For example, I noticed my FMU test one morning might be lighter than the previous afternoon, but if I compared the same times of day, it gave a more accurate comparison.  I would test again tonight around the same time as last night, and see if it looks like it's getting darker....????  Could be good stuff though!  Testing when trigger on board is SO nerve wracking.
  • @niddzz sounds positive to me, I think the trigger would be gone by now, but I never experienced it my self. Fingers crossed for you! 

I had my transfer today. 2 embryos officially onboard. My blood test isn’t for two weeks, which should feel like about a million years! 

• @oranges226 Congratulations!!!  Now the wait... I have had a lot of experience testing out trigger and it really depends.  For one, different people's bodies metabolize the trigger at different rates, and another major factor is the type of test.  She didn't say what kind of test, which is why I asked.  I have seen that it makes a huge difference.

<div class=" Spoiler">I had a faint line on a FRER within the timeframe last time on 5dp5dt (when it didn't work), but my regular cheapies were negative, and wondfo had just a super faint shadow line.  Whereas there was something obvious even on the cheapie by then when it worked for me; wondfos and FRERs showed progression.  She's right at that tipping point - based on my testing experience - that it could go either way.</div>
    Hopefully things are getting darker and moving in the right direction!!!
  • Good to know! I know FRER is generally one of the most sensitive. I still don’t know how long I’ll wait to test. I made it to day 9 with the last one and once I got the positive I just wished I had more data, lol. I will probably start early.
  • @BusinessWife So you have tested out trigger, have you also just not tested until beta?   I'm trying to decide whether to drive myself nuts and buy like 4 boxes of first response or go through the 2 weeks trying to keep it together through the unknown.. I'm pretty sure I'll just go nuts either way.  If you've done both, which was less stressful? 
  • edited June 2021
    Ha. @danij823 I have never made it to beta lol  Even last time when I said I really <i>didn't </i>want to test, I only got to like 3dp5dt lol (but that's because I just had a really good feeling, and also I told myself I was going to see a line either way [due to trigger] so the result didn't matter).  For me, there is no way I could wait all the way for the phonecall; I would at least have to test the night before.  Do you know how late your beta will be?  Will you have trigger on board as well?  Generally speaking, there's really no point in testing prior to 5dp5dt, 

<div class="Spoiler">but I mean, I say that, and I knew when I saw progression this time from 3dp-4dp that something was happening... Of course, you still need it to KEEP happening!  My lines were darker at 5dp, and at 6dp5dt I turned a digi with this, as well as my other previous successful transfer.  With my first I got the digi at 7dp5dt.  The box doesn't recommend you try it until what I believe is the equivalent of 6dp5dt (four days before your missed period, I guess assuming at least a 10 day LP?)</div>
    So like, if your beta is not till 9dp5dt, you could totally just do the digi the night before!???  For me, I just knew I wanted to have the space to grieve any bad news at home beforehand, or also get to enjoy the GLOW of going into beta day expecting a positive outcome.  I guess everyone is different, but I don't think I know anyone personally who waited for beta.  I can maybe think of one person on TB who said that once, but I honestly can't even remember who that was... lol

ETA That said, testing can definitely be stressful, and so very easy to obsess over, so you kind of have to trust yourself to do what you know you need to do, for you.  And you might go a little cuckoo for a few days there, but so what lol
  • I’m 4dp5dt today, I think. I had the transfer in the afternoon Thursday 6/10. Does that mean day 4 really starts in the afternoon today? How does everyone count?

Negative FRER for me this morning. Telling myself that it’s too early and that even tomorrow might be on the earlier side…

• danij823danij823 member
    edited June 2021
    @BusinessWife I just know I'm going to want to test soooo bad! Before I knew my husband's sperm was doin nothing for us, I tested like crazy every month.   Also looking at my calendar, I'm pretty sure it'll be impossible to test before. 
    7/15: 5,000 Units Pregnyl IM
    7/19: 20 Units Pregnyl  SubQ
    7/21: TRANSFER 
    7/22: 20 Units Pregnyl  SubQ
    7/25: 20 Units Pregnyl  SubQ
    8/2: Beta #1 

So ya.. I'm thinking I'll have to wait until maybe the day before beta ish? 

• Hi ladies, I know I’m late to the game but my FET is scheduled for Thursday so thought I would jump in here. I hesitate to bc sometimes the less interaction the better for me so hopes don’t get up and all that but here I am. We are transferring our last PGS normal embryo from this cycle. I’ve done 5 rounds of IVF and countless transfers over the last 6 years but do have one beautiful DD who just turned two. We did suffer a MMC at 7 weeks back in March which was horrible but I’m still somewhat hopeful. 

Anyway, looks like there has been a lot of good things happening on this board and that makes me happy! I love to see the BFPs and betas going up!

One thing to mention, my RE has me on blood thinner injections (lovenox) and also a steroid this time around. I’ve never used either for any of my other transfers but my RE wanted to “throw the kitchen sink at it” so to speak so we are just trying everything. Anyone else doing these also or have experience with it? 

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• niddzzniddzz member
    @JWatt5 @BusinessWife
    Thanks Ladies- sorry for the late reply! Line is getting darker and I took your advice by checking same time of day 24 hours later and you were right much clearer difference in line darkening. I had Beta bloodwork #1 yesterday and #2 is tommorow morning- then they are going to call me at home to tell me the results. Nerve wrecking. trying to be calm. feels good to be able to come and share! will keep you guys updated. tysm
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @teamginger13 - I’m taking Lovenox right now. We were going to just do aspirin but last min decided Lovenox. It’s a fairly standard blood thinner and good to use just incase - stop any blood clots from forming. 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019