December 2021 Moms
Options

FFFC 6/3

Flame-free Friday Confessions!

Re: FFFC 6/3

• Options
    My MIL LOVES Fiona the Hippo. To the point where she reposts every Fiona post on Facebook so like 3-4 a day. Decided to do a hippo wall in her place, buys hippo swag, goes to visit the zoo (which is a pretty long drive). All I want to say is idgaf about what Fiona the freaking hippo is doing. 
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • Options
    You got me excited thinking it's Friday!  :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    I’m dying, I legit thought it was friday until like 2PM. What a bummer it was to find out it was only Thursday lol.  Clearly this no coffee thing is not working for me 😭😭💀 
  • Options
    @bkjade I honestly thought you posted it because you wanted to really say something LOL! Sorry - thinking it is a Friday when it's not is the worst. BUT HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

I'll do another because why not? 

I love my private insurance and I will fight anyone who tries to take it away. I have autoimmune diseases and need to get blood work a lot and I’m on specialty medications. We never have to pay out of pocket for any of it even our random visits to the pediatrician. My c-section and everything was completely covered.
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615 wow your insurance sounds amazing!!!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared It really is! I get sad seeing when people have such bad experiences. I don't know if it's the workplaces just not doing their due diligence trying to find a plan that works or not. I do know that when insurance became mandatory years and years ago that my now husband could not afford the insurance his work offered / couldn't get on the marketplace because his work offered it and we were penalized on our taxes so much because he didn't have it that we couldn't get ahead. My work offers three options and does a great job at explaining it all.
    TW
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    @brookert615 that’s awesome about your health insurance! We have marketplace and it sucks. I ended up paying almost $8k for an uneventful and healthy vaginal delivery with my DD. Considering we paid like $10k that year for health insurance it was absolutely ridiculous. I’m expecting about $5k for this pregnancy (if it’s uneventful) because we chose a different plan, but that isn’t including anyone else’s medical care for the year. So annoying! I could go on and on about how much I hate our health insurance situation and health insurance in general! 🤬
  • Options
    @rgn12 Yeah I feel like the marketplace is just awful from what we dealt with and from what we hear from others. I'm sorry you are dealing with that :(! I know my niece had a lot of help with her birth from Medicaid! 
    TW
  • Options
    @brookert615- your plan sounds like a unicorn!!! I hope you never need to leave your job. I feel like everyone should have that coverage regardless of their job. My insurance is “ok”. High deductible and OOP Max, but premiums are relatively low and subsidized by the company some 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    @JamieH2000 The high deductibles are rough! I started with the cheapest plan at work and it was awful haha - then bumped it up the next year and it was way better. I'm on my husband's plan now, but my plan at my work wasn't bad once I realized what places I could go to. I would talk to the insurance company and see where I could get the most affordable options. It was wild because blood work at my doctor's office was ridiculous and I could go to Quest Diagnostics way cheaper! 
    TW
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    edited June 2021
    Lol now that it is *actually* Friday I have one. We had friends over for dinner this week (for the first time since the pandemic started!) and I’m not sure if it was because they were really happy to visit or they were drinking or I just got old but I could not get them to leave lol. 

I let my youngest daughter stay up late so at 9PM I said “I’m going to get my kid ready for bed soon, it was so nice to have y’all over!” My partner agreed to let them out but when I came back a half hour later from getting my daughter ready everyone was in the same spot. My partner looked at me nervously lol. At 10PM I announced “OK, I have to put the kid to sleep in 30 minutes, it’s a really late night for us!” My partner backed me up by mentioning how tired he was from work and how we had an early day tomorrow 😹 Still, 30 minutes later everyone still sitting at the table. At 10:45 I said my goodbyes again, and went to my daughters room to “put her to bed” (she can def go to sleep on her own) and went to sleep with her and pretended that it was an accident 😭. My partner was a champ and said he’d see them out and keep my dirty secret. 

When I talked to him in the morning he said he finally just had to flat out ask them to leave after midnight.  

WTH? 
  • Options
    @bkjade That seriously is so awful and hilarious at the same time. Solid move on just going to sleep lol.
    TW