June Symptoms

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: June Symptoms

• Ok.... my nipples ITCH. besides them being just sore, I feel like they’re getting dryer easier so I’m always trying to keep lotion on them! 
    Besides that my tailbone and lower back seriously are giving me so much grief. 
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    Stretch marks on my belly already 😭 anyone have a good recommendation for creams or prevention? Last pregnancy I only got them on my inner thighs and not til the very end. These are showing up to the party early. 
  • Loading the player...
  • mac-n-cheesymac-n-cheesy member
    edited June 2021
    @k_rn21 I don’t have any, but that’s likely due to my genetics. I used Honest Company Belly Balm with my DD and this pregnancy I’ve been using the following on my boobs, belly and thighs:

Bio-oil Dry Skin Gel:
    https://www.ulta.com/p/dry-skin-gel-pimprod2016197?sku=2566232&_requestid=1454807

Honest Company Rock the Bump Body Butter:
    https://www.honest.com/personal-care-products/mom-care/rock-the-bump-body-butter/H02BUTMC0000S.html

there are bougie ones but those are both under $20
    edited: missed a word
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    @mac-n-cheesy thank you!! I’ll check those out. 
  • @k_rn21 I’ve been using the mama bee burts bees belly oil and I loooove it. Smells so good too! 
  • @k_rn21 I got this in one of my bump boxes and I really like it. I use it after showers and then put Shea butter lotion over top. 
    TTC History

• I need to pee immediately when I stand up. I can be sitting or lying down and feel totally fine, but the second I stand up..... need to pee right this second!!
  • @galentine I peed 8 times at work the other day, so I feel you. 😐 Doesn't help that my water tracking app wants me to drink 116 ounces of fluids now due to increased weight and hot weather.
  • Non FTM’s…. When did Braxton Hicks start for you?? I’m 24w today and keep feeling like maybe my uterus is trying to sometimes??  Nothing intense. 
  • @madiirosee closer to 28 weeks with DS, but around 19 weeks with this one.
  • @madiirosee I don’t remember with my first, but this time around, about 14 weeks? Although it’s my least favorite advice, increasing water intake and electrolytes really does help. 
    TTC History

• k_rn21k_rn21 member
    Holy back pain. I was so uncomfortable last night I had to take Tylenol. Nothing seems to help the pain. I also cannot drink enough water to save my life. It’s frustrating because I know I need more but it’s so hard especially when you pee every 10 minutes 😑
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited June 2021
    @madiirosee, I'm not sure when they started, but I had an NST at 32 weeks and was having regular, timetable Braxton hicks contractions that I hadn't even felt. 😳 it scared the poop out of me and I had to get a shot to stop them. 

But yes, normal. Try to up your water intake and take it easy! Dehydration and too much activity can cause them.
  • @madiirosee never! With either of my pregnancies. I'm not help. My uterus doesn't know how to do contractions. 

But I hear its normal! Hopefully not regular for you though. 
  • @madiirosee second what @galentine suggested. I had been getting them more regularly the past few weeks. I got a water tracker app and have been better about water in take and moving around/listening to my body, especially if I have to go out and walk the plant at work.
  • Has anyone just felt not great in a way that can't really be described? Between allergies/nasal passage swelling, so-so sleep, ligament pain, heart rate swings (nothing crazy), and either being too full or completely ravenous, I just don't feel so good. But none of these things together or alone seem to indicate any actual issues. So I guess all I can say is...

Anybody else? 😕
  • Leg cramps have been so rough this week. Altogether not feeling he best.

My dreams/sleep paralysis have also been crazy this week. I'm waking up in the of the night and then get up to pee and have a hard time going back down. Hoping it's just some work stress/anxiety and then my sleep will get better.
  • @noprobalo Sounds like pregnancy to me :-(

I have a cold and was up most of the night unable to breathe. I had thought/hoped it was allergies, but this is too much! I took sudafed but it didn't do much. 

I just got up from laying down (slowly!) and had a sharp cramp like pain right under where my belly meets my pubic bone. It lasted probably 30 seconds. YOUCH! 
  • @demimondaine Ouch. ☹️

Yeah, not looking for a diagnosis or I would mention it to my doctor. Just validation that despite what people say about the second trimester being so great, it's normal to feel like 💩 on a daily basis for no special reason.
  • @madiirosee early third trimester with my daughter; with this one, it's been going on for a while, I'd say more than a month. I did mention it to my doctor, and she reminded me to drink lots of water and take it easy in the heat. Also reminded me how to access the L&D unit (which is normal for this stage in a pregnancy).  I'd mention it to your doctor at your next appointment just to see what they recommend for you!
  • @chindimples04 Yep, those are... interesting. Last night I got kicked in the gut by the dog, and baby tried to kick her right back. Hngh. 😳
  • @k_rn21 I’m sorry about the back pain. That’s never fun and I hope you got some relief
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @mac-n-cheesy oh my goodness! What an experience. So sorry you're having troubles still. Hope you're finally able to get a PICC and get some relief this pregnancy. Sending thoughts and prayers
  • @mac-n-cheesy I am so sorry that this is continuing for you. I hope that the testimony from the home health nurse helps. Might the evidence from your dental work also help to point to major quality of life issues? I'm sorry, I just hope they listen to you this time. 😔
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    @mac-n-cheesy my back pain is nothing compared to the things you’re enduring! You’re in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you get some relief and start to feel better soon. I’m sure the thought of a PICC line might be scary but if it will provide relief and give you and baby nutrition then that will be so beneficial. Keep us posted!💕
  • @kandb4 thank you for the kind words
    @noprobalo yes on the dental work! I literally got a back molar extracted yesterday because I wouldn’t be able to afford the root canal and crown for awhile. I’m already paying on 3 emergency root canals and crowns from February and on the 28th I’m getting a bridge spanning 5 teeth to replace 2 lost to HG recently on the 28th. I literally could lease a BMW 5 series for how much I’ll be paying a month until February 😳
    @k_rn21 just because I have crappy disease doesn’t diminish anyone else’s feelings or struggles. It doesn’t mean everyone else can’t have annoying symptoms, pains etc. 
     I just got dealt a bad hand but I recognize I will get a reward at the end of it and it’s worth it. Thank you for the empathy. A few kind words or gestures goes a long way for me when things get so overwhelming!
  • @mac-n-cheesy, I'm so sorry you are still in the thick of HG. I hope you are able to get the PICC line soon and that it helps get you the relief and nutrition you need. Thinking of you ❤❤
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    So I mentioned the back pain.. which is now full blown pain the radiates to my feet. I couldn’t get comfortable today at all while at work. No matter how I sit or stand. I have so much I should be doing today but literally couldn’t bring myself to do any of it. The only place I can get comfortable is laying in bed with my 7258 pillows I need. I even took Tylenol today which did nothing. Is anyone else super uncomfortable with pains and what are you doing to help? 😭
  • @k_rn21 ugh same with the back pain. All lower back here. Honestly chugging tons and tons of water and doing actual stretching exercises is the only thing that helps alleviate some of it. Also chiropractic care! 
    But honestly I still can’t stand up straight fully after sitting down for a while. Bleh. 
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    @maddiirosee I’ll try that. I struggle with my water intake. I’m just so uncomfortable all the time. My feet constantly hurt and I feel like I’ve gained too much weight already which makes me nervous about the rest of the pregnancy. I was about 143ish pre pregnancy and now I am already 160 😑 which means if I still gain a pound a week I’ll be pushing 180 by the time my babe is born. Makes me cringe thinking of that and how miserable I will probably feel. Anyone else struggling with weight? Am I crazy? 
  • @k_rn21 In terms of health outcomes, 37 pounds is really not a big deal. I know guidelines say 25-35 if you're in the normal BMI range, but it's not like there's a cliff at 35 that you fall off and end up in Metabolic Disorder-Land (see the book 'Expecting Better'). But I get the psychological aspect of it. This is the heaviest I've ever been, and even though it's healthy, it's strange and uncomfortable, and I know I've got even farther to go.
  • @k_rn21 if it's pain radiating down to your feet, it might be sciatica. I had it weeks 9-10 last time I was pregnant and have had it for multiple weeks this pregnancy, worse than last time. I've been trying massage and acupuncture and might try a chiropractor next. Lots of stretching (esp figure 4), trying to sit with good posture and not cross legs, etc. Wish there was an easier answer, feel like I need an epidural some days just for the sciatica.
  • Ok so week 24 pretty much hit me with a lot. TMI but I have problems on every end quite literally. Yeast infection (resolving now after few days of creams), Hemorrhoid (ugh!), heartburn, and ankle swelling. That and left hip pain. 
  • @mac-n-cheesy, just checking in on you. I hope you are doing ok! ❤❤
  • @tari_sara Ugh, sorry. I know hemorrhoids sometimes just happen, but I have been piling on the constipation remedies. Knock on wood, they haven't made an appearance yet.
  • I'm starting to get SO swollen in my feet and ankles. I was super swollen with my first and not at all with my second so I was super hoping to avoid it but nope. 
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @vampirina ugh, me too!! I crossed my ankles too long today and when I finally released them I had an indent from my own leg 🤯😂 I was like, huh guess I'm swollen. Plus my flats are starting to visibly stretch sideways. Darn it