Trying to Get Pregnant

IF Testing & Treatment w/o 5.31

This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have started infertility testing and/or treatments. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on infertility. TTC can be a long journey naturally, then add in the difficulties associated with infertility, and it becomes a whole new ball game. The road to infertility can be lonely, frustrating, and complicated, so let's make this a place where we can vent, ask questions, and support one another. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this as an ongoing conversation.

Diagnosis (if you've been):  

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  

How are things going?:  

Any questions?:  

GTKY:  What's your secret talent (i.e. that not many people know about you?) If you care to share, that is. I realize that it won't be secret if you do. 
MY CHART
TTC History
TTC#2
Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

Re: IF Testing & Treatment w/o 5.31

• Diagnosis (if you've been):  old, DOR, 1 ovary, etc.

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WFAF? It's dumb but i'm not a huge fan of the term Aunt Flo. But waiting for menses seems kind of formal and all, and waiting to bleed seems... bloody? so. whatevs. It should be like any second now because I'm 16dpo and at the outer reaches of my usual luteal pattern, and my temp dropped this morning which normally means it should have turned up like, this morning, and also I'M READY TO GET ON WITH THINGS ALREADY

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Uuhhh, depending on the convo I have with the nursing coordinator I will either start birth control or wait for my next luteal phase to start either lupron or a luteal-start stim cycle. So, basically treatment, but: 🤷‍♀️. Also I suppose there is a possibility that I'll get my ultrasound check-in and they'll find my cyst still lurking, in which case the conversation will take a different turn.

How are things going?: looking forward to a little clarity on the treatment stuff, but also extremely caught up in preparing for teaching a bunch of courses in the fall that I presently know nothing at all about. I would say at least I'm a fast reader but it turns out I have forgotten all my high-speed grad student reading skills.

Any questions?:  not really. I may have questions in a couple of days.

GTKY:  What's your secret talent (i.e. that not many people know about you?) If you care to share, that is. I realize that it won't be secret if you do.
    I have been an on-again off-again martial artist since I was 7, and hold a 2nd deg. black belt in one style and am 1 rank below black belt in another. I am presently not practicing because pushing myself to the brink of cardiac capacity for long stretches and the ever-present threat of getting kicked in the gut seems like a bad mix for ttc. I say not many people know this about me because it's not a thing I talk about much in academic circles, which were for a long time my only social circles.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
    5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
    Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
    MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
    July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
    July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
    Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
    July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.
  • Loading the player...

• Diagnosis (if you've been):  unexplained

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WF FET

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  nada

How are things going?:  well! 

Any questions?:  

paging @BusinessWife  and anyone else who had done a natural FET, I asked my nurse this but she was vague- how do they monitor/ how often during a natural FET? EOD bloodwork? Ultrasound? Bloodwork just on day 10? What’s the process? 

GTKY:  What's your secret talent (i.e. that not many people know about you?) If you care to share, that is. I realize that it won't be secret if you do.  Ummmm- my RBF is pretty impressive 
  • @kiwi2628  I think they somewhat play by ear.  So you get CD3 baselines, and then CD10 BW+US.  Then they will either have you come back the next day, or a couple days later, depending on how things are coming along.  You would have BW+US each of those days in order to monitor how close you are getting to ovulation.  They will start off by looks, but then they still have to wait for the labs to come back, because they want to wait for and ride your LH surge.  Once they see you start to surge in the BW, then they will order the trigger for that evening.  I could take my Ovidrel any time between 7-10PM.  The following day you would start taking progesterone, and the fifth day after trigger would be Transfer Day!  (Unless you did ERA or something that would alter your timing.)

So that might have been why she was a bit vague.  I know my cycles seemed to come up pretty quickly on us, but like the first time, not even as quickly as they thought.  So they kept saying to me, we'll most likely trigger tonight, day after day lol.  But if things are a little slower to get started, i.e. depending on your usual O-day, they may say okay cool, come back in two days in the beginning, and then you'd start going daily as you get closer to ready.  It does kind of depend.
  • zwink1zwink1 member
    Diagnosis (if you've been):  MFI (OAT)

Status (WTO/TWW/TTA):  WFAF.  I'm with you @optimistgardener, I hate the term Aunt Flo, but I also haven't really come up with anything else that I like better for conversational purposes so I roll with it for now, lol.  Just over here on CD 39 twiddling my thumbs.  For the most part, my irregular cycles are manageable, but someday it would be really nice if AF would not precede a late arrival with 10+ days of PMS symptoms.  Every day is a continuing guessing game of "is my period showing up today or am I just uncomfortable and being a bitch because that's today's moods?"

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment?):  Waiting for our initial consult with the new RE later this summer.  I also started taking prenatals because why the F not - and I've already missed like 4 doses, so clearly I need the practice.   

How are things going?:  Things are going fine here.    

I don't know that I necessarily have a secret talent.  I'll have to think on that one.  
  • bows22bows22 member
    Lurking while benched

@optimistgardener @zwink1 I’m with you guys on Aunt Flo, when I type AF I read it just as the letters and don’t even relate it to the term Aunt Flo. I also refer to AF as “it” instead of “she/her” and somehow all of that helps me get past it in my head. I have probably thought too much about this😂
  • *lurking*

@kiwi2628 Here was my process with natural FET: I had a baseline ultrasound on CD 2, then an ultrasound on CD 8 and bloodwork. Then another ultrasound and bloodwork 3 days later, then just bloodwork for the next two days. My trigger was on CD 13, and then I started progesterone suppositories 3x/day on CD 14. On CD 18 I had another ultrasound and bloodwork, then I had another vaginal medication the night before transfer day, which was on CD 19. 
  • @bows22 AF is definitely an "it," not a "she." My grandmother used to call it "The Curse," which I totally recognize the patriarchal bs that comes with the nickname but she was such an old school Bostonian stiff-upper-lip atheist, and she said it with such energy and feeling, that I kinda still love it. Doesn't mesh well with the Earth Goddess hippie stuff I grew up around, though.
    History
    I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
    Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
    In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
    Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
    RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
    Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
    Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
    Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
    July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
    Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
    Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
    May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
    July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
    From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
    Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
  • @keikilove quick drive-through here to send hugs on the frustrating stuff about yh's sperm analysis. that's a total bummer and i'm sure makes everything way more stressful in that it's something he made a choice about and now it's inevitably A Point of Conversation. I hope you will get some more reassuring news soon.
    History
  • @optimistgardener Thank you so much.💗💗
  • *lurky lurk lurk while I'm benchy bench benched*

@keikilove gah, I'm so sorry that you're having to deal with ALL OF THAT all at once. That is tough; especially the feelings of finality of treatments. Do you think that even with ICSI, YHs sperm might be an issue? When do you expect to start your stims? Are you going to MX for it again? Maybe we can be cycle buddies! (Will depend on when I'm off the bench of course.) Also, my oh my, you're a talented lady!

@laura-kay That was such a rude / inappropriate thing to say. Did you have a good comeback for this person? Or were you too stunned to say anything? (I always think that I'm the person who can deliver a cutting remark on the spot, but that rarely happens IRL)

@kiwi2628 LOL @ RFB 🤣
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022

• edited June 2021
    little update at my end: i had my CD3 ultrasound and (🎉🎈🧁) the Cystine Chapel has dissipated. So we're all good to go for a late June/July cycle. I had a long convo with the "other" RE at the clinic, who i've seen a few times. She listened to my concerns about getting another cyst while on pre-cycle birth control/and about getting my over-eager follicle development under control for the IVF start. We discussed a lupron start, and she felt that either a nuvaring start or a lupron start would both be equally good options, and said if I felt strongly one way or the other that they would work with my preference. I wound up saying that I really didn't have a strong opinion, so she said she would take it to the "main" RE at the clinic and let me know. Anyway, his opinion is that the nuvaring is a better option for me because he's worried that lupron will oversuppress my ovary, and that between the risk of oversuppression vs. cyst, the former is a bigger worry. So I guess that's my answer! I am pretty sure I read somewhere on the internet that some REs actually think a lupron start is a better protocol for DOR women because it does a better job of inhibiting LH production, but I decided my hazy memory of a thing I read on the internet is probably not as reliable as what my doctor is telling me. I could worry around a lot more about whether it is the "right" option or not, but for my mental health I think I'm going to just try to trust that they are the experts and hope for the best.
    ultrasound was otherwise mostly uneventful.
    my AFC was 6, with 3 of them already pretty far along. one was at 11mm, which she said was what they would classify as a borderline cyst given that i'm only cd3, but she claims the nuvaring will help get rid of it. (why it is that birth control sometimes causes cysts and at other times is supposed to get rid of cysts is a mystery that I do not fully grasp.) the other two big ones were about 8.5mm and 6ish. I have to wonder if the relative maturity of my follicles so early has to do with the hormonal wonkiness of my last cycle? Or is this my body just beginning to slide ever faster into perimenopause? Or are both true?
    oh, and @acleverusername, I asked about aygestin, and she says they use it sometimes at the clinic but she wouldn't recommend it in my case because she wouldn't trust it to put the brakes on my ovary effectively.
    History
  • Thanks for the update @optimistgardener! I’m so happy you have a game plan in place! Maybe we’ll be cycle buddies for my 2nd cycle! 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2

TTC #1
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022

• zwink1zwink1 member
    @keikilove, ugh, I'm sorry for bad SA results.  It's so hard not to get too bogged down in the potential damage H may have unwittingly caused, and it feels like it should be so much easier to fix than it is.  I am jumping in way behind on your journey, I know, so it's totally possible that you're already trying this, but we added in coq10 and vit e and I absolutely can't say that correlation = causation here, but it was the only time we ever saw a positive shift (H went from 3 mil to around 13 mil - though if I remember correctly he didn't get a bump on the morph or motility end, so that's not super helpful).  I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere in previous posts here, do you plan on doing ICSI for your next ER? 

@optimistgardener, so happy to hear that there are no lingering cysts!  Sounds like your RE has a solid plan, and if you trust your MD then I think you have to rely on that trust and try not to over-google yourself (I know that's easier said than done though). 

Thanks @bumblebee0210, that sensitivity is completely normal.  I agree with you, while everyone should absolutely move on their own timeline, I think it's important to have as much knowledge surrounding your choice as is possible, and I feel like today's culture isn't geared toward giving women that background info.  It's a bunch of up front 'empowerment,' which is good, don't get me wrong, but the underlying facts and potential consequences that could result from certain choices aren't fully fleshed out.  The idea of empowerment without as much info as possible feels sort of flimsy.  
  • Sort of a belated reply to @bumblebee0210 but I have totally been in the same boat re: wanting to not "waste" any ovulation, not matter how small the chances. If you're able to take a shot at it without letting it stress you out too much I'd say go for it, esp. if, as @acleverusername points out, you are able to steer clear of the clomid until you can get a reliable test afterwards. Also I am with you on the frustration about society's bizarro imaginary world where women all get pregnant just fine until we're 35 or 40 and then suddenly, hmm, we may have to start thinking about the clock.
    Looking back on my own experience:
    I was so proud of myself for my plan to start trying to get KU on my own if I didn't find a partner by 35. In devising my plan and the date at which it kicked into gear, I relied entirely on that oft-quoted age marker after which one should get serious about things because of declining fertility. But because of my unusual circumstance of having only the one ovary, I've literally been asking every doctor I met since I was in my early 20s to weigh in on whether I might have anything to worry about. I wish just one of them had said, "I'm a general practitioner, so I don't know for sure, but maybe we should refer you out to a specialist," or "let's do some baseline tests and see what they say" instead of just repeating the standard line about how my one ovary would probably be just fine and they guessed that the standard guideline of age 35 was equally as relevant for me as everyone else. It was super frustrating but also weirdly reaffirming when my current RE, after he'd reviewed my history and I'd told him about all those conversations I'd had with past docs, was like "of course having only one ovary makes a difference. You've reduced your total supply of potential follicles by half, and you don't have any redundancy in your system if anything goes wrong."

@acleverusername super interesting that the UK was maybe thinking about running standard baselines for women in their 20s. I feel confident I would have benefited from something like that.

History
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited June 2021
    I wanted to come back here and reply to others before the week gets away from me, like usual. I just want to say that I feel really sucky when I can’t get back to these more personal threads and give back as much as I get— I’m really trying to do better during this crazy work time. Also, reading your responses to each other/to me throughout this thread the past couple of months has me feeling like

Y’all are the best.❤️❤️❤️
    @acleverusername Woohoo, I’m so glad to hear that you aren’t benched for as long as you expected to be! It makes sense with your risk being so low with the genes issue. FX that when your results do come back you’re in the clear and can move forward with a lightened conscience.🤞🏽💗 I totally hear you about trying to get those 2 ERs done before vacation in July. Same schedule here! We just may be cycle buddies! // You and others asked me a good question about ICSI. We will definitely do it, although I wish we had the option to do 50/50 ICSI & IVF. (I’d love to see if more natural fertilization would make any difference in fertilization since ***TW*** We used to get PG easily on our own before my body launched this attack response ***End TW***.) Right now I’m still having doubts about ICSI solving our problems because we did it before and the embryos still didn’t make it overall. I hope the sperm aren’t damaged at a DNA level, which ICSI can’t fix, of course. My clinic has PICSI which I will ask for this time. And they have something else really new that isn’t Zymot but I can’t remember that name ATM. I am headed to my baseline appt tomorrow. Will put it in the new weekly thread. 
    @kiwi2628 Congrats on making a decision about your transfer date. So exciting!!! It looks like this board may have a lot to look forward to/hold our breath over this summer.

@kiki047 Thank you so much, my friend. You know what it’s like to put everything into it and just hope one day it’s enough.💗 We are definitely discussing final steps so we leave nothing on the table when this phase of our lives is over. I hope you are doing ok today. Always thinking of you and hoping that your day is coming soon.💕
    @optimistgardener Congratulations on destructing the Cystine Chapel—what a feat!😁 I laughed when I read that part of your update. I’m so happy that you get to move forward with your cycle! It sounds good at this point to rest in the peace of knowing that your doctor has a reason for why the nuvaring option is best for you. I hope this allows you to just focus on the exciting work stuff now. Hope it keeps you busy during this waiting time! 
    @bumblebee0210 Hey there! I was wondering how you were doing. Thank you for your thoughts/questions on my sitch. I feel you 💯 percent on that summary of hope. All we can do is give it our best, right? Anyway, so glad to hear that you’re getting started with your estrogen priming cycle. FX that this gives you the results you’re hoping for! And yes, totally relate to you too about not “wasting any at-bats” at the same time of worrying about all those what-ifs. I’m so sorry about your loss, that sounds absolutely devastating. I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts this round.💗// Oh! And YESSSS to your thoughts about the current cultural narrative around getting KU later in life. I, for one, hate that our society tells women it’s all downhill after 30 and that after 35 your fertility falls off a cliff. That’s all such BS. But at the same time, there should be waaay more commonly shared info out there about the possibility of having DOR or other potential problems in your 20s and 30s, etc. I was blindsided to learn what really happens as you get closer to 40 and thereafter. All of that should really be advertised much more honestly. We need to stop acting like it’s so easy for a woman to just decide at 40 that it’s suddenly time to start her family and it’s just going to magically happen, especially now that we have ART. The entire cultural narrative needs to shift towards way more honesty & reality. *End rant* 

@zwink1 Thanks so much for your kind words and helpful advice. MH finally got on the bandwagon with all the supplements after we learned that he’d done serious damage with his accidentally poor choices. However, I saw your question about the Vit E and asked him, and it turns out he has not been dipping into my bottle in the cabinet. So I ran out and bought him his own to keep in his cache of TTC ammo—thank you very much!😉