December 2021 Moms

PGAL check-in w/o 5/24

rgn12rgn12 member
edited May 2021 in December 2021 Moms
This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es).

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 

Previous loss(es)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Any milestones coming up?

GTKY: What is your favorite movie?

Re: PGAL check-in w/o 5/24

• rgn12rgn12 member
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 12 weeks, December 6, STM

Previous loss(es)? One at 5 weeks in December

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, overall I kind of feel like crap. I have almost every pregnancy symptom, but none are terrible. Emotionally, I am having a hard time being excited after some spotting last week. I had a mini breakdown on Friday afternoon about everything. Spotting stopped and I’m trying to calm down. Crazy to think I publicly announced at exactly 12 weeks with DD. I told one non-immediate-family-person out of necessity, and felt weird talking about it. It’s like people are expecting a big reaction, and when you’re apprehensive it throws them off. Sorry, I’m rambling! 

Any appointment updates? I have one on Thursday for NIPT and hopefully a monitoring u/s for my bleeding concerns. Thank goodness, it’s been a long week. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? See above... kind of ranted already. No questions, except maybe when are you guys announcing your pregnancy? I’m scared... 

Any milestones coming up? Today felt like a milestone. Next week I think is considered second trimester so I think that’ll feel better, in addition to getting my NIPT results (hopefully). 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? I would have to say the Harry Potter series or pretty much any Disney movie! Although, I rarely watch these types of movies nowadays! 

• @rgn12 thanks for starting this. Sorry it took me so long to get here. Your feelings are totally valid given our past. I also had my NT last week. I hope both our results come back perfect 💜 as for announcing. I'm a week later then you so I did announce to my co-workers yesterday. I'm showing a lot though so many guessed. My family has known for about a month. Only because my mom told my grandma and my grandma told the world. She can't keep a secret. You'll know what feels right for you. Perhaps once your in the 2nd trimester. With my first I didn't announce until I was 20 weeks LOL. 

Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 13w 4d/Nov 30/2

Previous loss(es)? 1

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically?  Physically I'm better- just tender boobs. Emotionally I'm having a hard time and that's why I've been away this week. I have no physical indication that something is wrong. I'm just busy packing and worrying that I'm putting too much stress on my body. My sister had a missed miscarriage last year so thats what terrifies me. I wish I didn't know what that was and then I would feel better since I don't have anything telling me something is wrong. I wish I could feel the little movements and kicks right now to tell me everything is okay. 

Any appointment updates? My next appointment is not until June 14. I did buy a doppler though to see if that would help calm my nerves. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? None really 

Any milestones coming up? 2nd trimester starts Tuesday. 

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? Oh God. I love movies. Probably anything with Kate Winslet. I also love Shakespear in Love, The Holiday, Serenity, and Cold Moutain. Basically I'm a romantic haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • bkjadebkjade member
    Weeks/EDD/How many times a mom? 9 weeks, 12/26

Previous loss(es)? Dec ‘20, Feb ‘19

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 
    Like crap lol. I am used to feeling so good in my pregnancies and right now I just feel gross. I haven’t been exercising bc of this SCH and it really affects my mood. I have been eating take out nearly every day out bc I've been so tired and can’t figure out what to eat which also doesn’t make me feel great. Laundry is out of control, house is a mess since my partner doesn’t usually pitch in on those things 😐  (i am normally a clean freak
    lol). I have to get it together this week 😹 I am trying to be kind to myself since I am thankful to be pregnant and self-care doesn’t always look the same, but I am really hopeful that I start feeling better in my 2nd trimester.

Any appointment updates? 
    None until 6/9

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant! My partner (bless his heart) has been in such a bad mood since the house isn’t clean and this morning said “it’s just giving me so much anxiety!” I’m like yeah me too, maybe you could try cleaning it! 😭😹💀

Any milestones coming up?
    I will feel a bit better after my next visit. That will be further along than I’ve been for my losses ❤️

GTKY: What is your favorite movie? Oooh o have no idea. I’m all over the place, but the last movie I saw that really loved was Mandy. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @kaitcrystalline thank you! When do you get your results? They told me probably five days, but I’m wondering if the holiday weekend will slow that down. I keep obsessively checking the LabCorp patient portal just in case... although my doctor said that they will call me with the results. Secretly hoping LabCorp releases them immediately, but I’m not sure how that works! 

@bkjade since I don’t know why I was bleeding, but I’ve been trying to take it easy too just in case. I meant to ask them if it was okay for me to do some light exercise but was totally caught off guard by the Rh negative/Rhogam situation that it slipped my mind. Did they say when you could resume exercise? Or does the SCH have to be totally resolved? 
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @rgn12 they told me to wait and see what the next u/s shows and we will re-evaluate then :/
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade aww, is the next one 12 weeks? 
  • @rgn12 they told me 2 weeks. Probably Canadian health care. Basically my Midwives said no news is good news so it was 2 weeks on this Wednesday. 

@bkjade Mess totally adds to my anxiety. DH LOVES and thrives in a mess though so I generally let him have the basement and I concentrate on the other 2 floors. I'm sorry your guy isn't helping you tidy. Mine also doesn't unless it gets really bad. During the first few weeks it even got too bad for him haha. I hope your guy steps up!! 
  • bkjadebkjade member
    lol @kaitcrystalline, same here. He somehow functions in total chaos, it gives me anxiety just *looking* at his desk 😹