November 2021 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in 5/26

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms?

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: When was the last time you climbed a tree just for fun? 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: FTM Check-in 5/26

• Options
    How far along are you? 16+4

Any new symptoms? Dizziness is the main culprit 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Tomorrow but it’s just a regular antenatal appointment 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? Feeling movement! I think I felt something yesterday but not sure 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Speaking of movement, yesterday I was relaxing in the bath chatting with DH and I jokingly poked my belly to see if I could get baby to move and I think I felt something. It felt kind of like bubbles slooshing/rolling around is the best way to describe it. Do you think that sounds like “the quickening” or is it just in my head and probably just the bath water slooshing around 

GTKY: When was the last time you climbed a tree just for fun? I used to climb the tree in our front yard ALL the time but it’s definitely been a minute since I’ve climbed one. I’m gonna say maybe 2017 when DH visited my hometown for the first time and I showed him this tree in the park everyone used to love climbing 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    How far along are you? 13+4

Any new symptoms? same ole same ole

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Next week! I think we'll discuss when to do my anatomy scan. He wants to do it a little early due to our mosaic embryo.

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? @jackie_dunny I cant wait to feel movement either! I think it will feel real then.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: When was the last time you climbed a tree just for fun? I dont even remember. Maybe when I was 10?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny that's exactly how it feels at first, and at 16 weeks you could definitely be feeling movement ❤❤ I vote it was baby
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15+1

Any new symptoms? Migraines! Honestly felt so AWFUL yesterday I got depressed. I was vomiting and my head was pounding.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? June 7, just an OB check.

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? I say this again, not being pregnant, the symptoms are getting to me baaaaad 😂

Questions for FTM, or STM+? When do migraines/headaches become bad enough to contact a Dr? Anything I can do to alleviate those nasty symptoms?

GTKY: When was the last time you climbed a tree just for fun? Oof, ermm... probably when I was 12! 
  • Options
    @jenharvey84 at any point that you feel like they are getting too much to handle I'd tell the doc. There are pregnancy safe medications they can prescribe. I hope you get some relief soon ❤❤ headaches are really common in the second trimester unfortunately 
  • Options
    @jenharvey84 That sounds awful! Are you taking Tylenol or anything for the migraines? If you're looking for ways to safely manage the headaches, definitely don't hesitate to contact your doctor! You shouldn't have to wait another week and a half in misery until that OB appointment. I hope you start feeling better really soon! 
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny oh yes I bet it was the baby, I started feeling DS really early... He was and is a savage though (rolled from front to back starting at like 4 weeks old just to spite me and tummy time), but I feel like this current baby will be more mellow
  • Options
    @mayoduck @artsiefartsie I'm taking Tylenol but it's not doing anything, I have this horrid pulsing in my head. I've decided to cave and call the triage nurse line and am waiting for a call back. I always worry and feel guilty about wasting people's time but I guess this is their job to help pregnant people like me. I was crying on the bathroom floor after vomiting and head pounding and I felt it was the last straw. Thank you for your support ❤️

• Options
    @jenharvey84 I'm so sorry,  my migraines make my nausea worse too so I totally feel you.  You definitely aren't wasting anyone's time.  Tylenol does absolutely nothing for my headaches either. Some none medication stuff that helps at least a little in moment,  is being totally still in bed and either the heating pad (if its a tension type migraine) or cold packs if it's a regular migraine,  a little caffeine, and tart cherries/juice.  Definitely call though for some better drugs because you should not have to be that miserable,  you don't have to tough it out ❤❤
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    @jenharvey84 **Lurking from STM***

I have chronic headaches and migraines. My doctor recently prescribed me a low dose preventative called Amitriptyline (it's actually a SSRI), and much to my surprise, it's been helping! I've only had a couple of headaches since starting it and no migraines. I'm team doctor! Get some help instead of suffering!
  • Options
    I love this bump forum. Thank you for the advice @sliztee! I'm feeling human again today but I was told to go straight to urgent care if I get a migraine/vomiting attack again. I'm hoping they will be few and far between. 
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    @jenharvey84 No problem! Again, I suggest a preventative because...it probably will happen again 😕