Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weekend 5.29-5.30

pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
edited May 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 
CD: 
WAYDTGKU: 
R/R: 
CS/Q: 

Re: WTO Weekend 5.29-5.30

• b_1029b_1029 member
    Month/Cycle: 3
    CD: 7
    WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM, BBT
    R/R: I’m struggling today, MH and I stayed up way too late watching tv and imbibing in a couple too many glasses of wine. Temp probably reflects that. I’m going to a champagne bar later with my SIL who’s in town so I’m hoping to get a nap in before then 😅 (I swear I don’t have a drinking problem). Also it’s randomly like 55 here today which I love, especially since I don’t hear / see cicadas lol
    CS/Q: 2 dots lol 

• @b_1029 DH and I split a bottle of wine last night, and I quickly remembered why we don't do that more often anymore. Getting older is the worst! 😂 

Also tell me more about this champagne bar, it sounds amazing!! 🍾🥂

Month/Cycle: n/a benched, cycle 0 AL
    CD: 🤷‍♀️, but let's say 10 
    WAYDTGKU: bbt/cm
    R/R: just your typical cliche "yay it's a long weekend!" rave. No need to feel obligated to @ me with a reply, I won't be offended if I'm skipped today 😂 
    CS/Q: nope
  • Loading the player...
  • ****lurking 

@pajamstagrams @b_1029 ummm yes I want to hear more about this champagne bar too please 
  • Month/Cycle: 3/3
    CD: 1
    WAYDTGKU: PNV, Mira, Coq10, Mosie (this cycle at least), Proov
    R/R: Day 1 is always rude on a damn Saturday! But oh well. We have a really fun weekend planned so that helps.
    CS/Q: No questions really. I ordered one cycle of Mosie (at home insemination using a syringe and the collected “boys” as DH refers to sperm 🙄). I was going to wait another couple cycles before trying that but then I looked at my FW dates and this month and next month they hit at the worst possible time. This month it’s during the one week DH is working and he’ll be gone 5am-5pm every day and exhausted. And exhaustion plus occasional performance anxiety just sounded like we were setting ourselves up to fail. So we will see how this Mosie business works out. It’s nice to think of just BD for fun and for extra chances, as opposed to pressuring ourselves to squeeze it in on O when it feels impossible timing wise. 

@b_1029 We had similar Friday nights. Alllllll the coffee today. 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    @pajamstagrams @daisy0322 they just have a bunch of different champagnes you can order by the glass! They also have things like wine flights and champagne flights, charcuterie, other booze, appetizers, etc. pretty bougie haha. I’ve only been once but it’s a really cute spot!

@rachelredhead I had no idea you could order something like that. Also very rude of AF to show on a Saturday 😐
  • @b_1029 bougie indeed. But enjoy the finer things in life sometimes!

@pajamstagrams you know that means we're all going to @ you now right? Lol

@rachelredhead I've heard about Mosie. I can't remember, is it actually like an IUI or is it more like IVI?

Month/Cycle: 7 AL

CD: 7

WAYDTGKU: all the things

R/R: we plan on having family over tomorrow for a bonefire but that might be a hot mess trying to coordinate what people want to eat etc. Sigh. Other than that I'm spending my long weekend relaxing and probably getting some laundry done. So exciting I know 😆

CS/Q: 
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited May 2021
    @inthewoods23 We are having family over tomorrow to BBQ and I'm kind of dreading the food situation and getting the house and yard presentable. It ends up being a lot! 

@rachelredhead interesting! I've never heard of Mosie. Let us know what you think. 

@pajamstagrams obligatory tag 😆😆. Jk. Enjoy your long weekend! 

@b_1029 sounds very bougie (or is it cheugy now??) and Iove it! 

-
    Month/Cycle: 4/4
    CD: 3
    WAYDTGKU: Mira 
    R/R: I'm pretty annoyed today. My OB never okay'd my letrozole refill so I guess this cycle will be a bust. I requested a refill at the beginning of the week and she just never approved it I guess. I'm glad I'm moving on to my RE at the end of the month at least. Otherwise it should be a nice weekend. Just bought stuff to make beer-ritas again and I'm ready to relax and have fun. 
    CS/Q: nope 
  • Ugg @kgg2241 that is so annoyed about the refill.  I'm glad for you, too, to be moving on. ❤️ But what is cheugy????

@pajamstagrams. Hiiiiiii!!!  And Yay, bc it IS a long weekend. ;). Hope you enjoy!
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @BusinessWife I'm not totally sure 😂. I saw it on Instagram. I think it is girls who like Target, Starbucks, Pinterest, etc. Things that Gen Z thinks are dumb but millennials like. 
  • @kgg2241 Thanks, good to know!  Now I feel super old lol  I don't know if I'm Gen Y or Gen Z, but I definitely feel the sentiment
  • @BusinessWife yep, what @kgg2241 said. Supposedly it's things that millennials like, but aren't cool any more (skinny jeans and side parts, for example). 

@inthewoods23 😂😂 I blame you for this tagging insanity! But thanks to everyone regardless 

@rachelredhead totally with you on the timing around O thing. Totally takes the fun out of it sometimes. Hopefully mosie works for you!
  • edited May 2021
    @b_1029 lol @ “I swear I don’t have a drinking problem.” I convinced MH to walk to our nearest “happening” area (about 1 mi) last night with the dog for some finger food and a couple glasses of wine. Only 2 glasses were had by each, and really early on (like before 7pm) and my RHR was really elevated overnight. Prior to last night, we hadn’t had a glass of anything in 3 weeks!

@pajamstagrams here’s a disingenuous “so happy you’re excited for the long weekend.”

@rachelredhead I’ve heard of Mosie and am wondering how it’s different from just buying a syringe and a sample container on your own…either way, sounds like you’re doing the right thing this cycle given all of the obstacles in your way. 

@inthewoods23 do you find that having ppl after like 1.5yrs of not seeing anyone feels like an overwhelming chore? It sure feels that way over here!

@kgg2241 enlighten me, what’s a beer-ita? I imagine it’s a beer / margarita mix but how do you make one?

@BusinessWife I was also like “cheugy”?!?! Da fock! Lol. So I googled. Thank you NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/29/style/cheugy.html. Good news, I’m un-cheugy. Hehe. I thrift and I hardly go to Target.

Month/Cycle: 17/17

CD: 17

WAYDTGKU: TTA; waiting for genetic cancer screening results before getting the green light to start IVF.

R/R: our landlord came over this morning to replace our water filter in the kitchen and to drain the hot water heater. Neither MH nor I know why he needed to do either. He struck out on replacing the water filter… it kept leaking on him so now he has to call us a plumber. And also realized that we don’t have a detached hose required to bleed to hot water heater. So he’s gone home, and will be back with a hose. Our landlord is great but we feel like we’re walking on egg shells around him; he seriously treats us like this is the first time we’re living on our own. (Example: “you might want to send the repairman photos of things that needs repaired so that he knows what tools to bring.” Gah! Buddy… I’ve lived on my own since I was 19; I think I know how adulting works.) Also, having your landlord in your house is always odd. Feels like he’s checking up on us. 

CS/Q: it’s O day today, but that doesn’t really matter cause we’re not DTDing this cycle. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @acleverusername yup! We do the 1800 Tequila Ultimate Margarita mix and any summer beer (Corona, modelo, etc.). Just 50/50 over ice. And yeah, it is always awkward having landlords over, especially if it is frequently. I also hate trying to make conversation. I hope he gets everything fixed and is out of your hair soon!
  • @acleverusername conceptually it’s the same as a syringe/collection cup. The Mosie syringe is shaped differently, supposedly provides for more natural, angled release of sperm and the tip is rounded.  The success rate is pretty high over multiple cycles. So while I’m certainly hoping to get lucky on our first use of it, I’m also just curious if this is mentally easier on DH and I, in which case maybe we’d use it for future cycles, too. 

@inthewoods23 more like IVI, they call it ICI, intracervical insemination. So supposed to use the syringe to release the collected sample right at the cervix. 
  • @kgg2241 ugh I swear doctors are so bad about making sure you get your meds! Sorry this cycle is a bust. We won't need to many rooms cleaned up if we're spending most of the time outside grilling and having a bonfire.

@pajamstagrams you're welcome 😂

@acleverusername surprisingly no? It's actually not too bad. We really don't deep clean before having guests and mostly just make sure it looks clean. Plus we only need a few rooms cleaned! Hope you get that plumber soon! Awkward.

@rachelredhead ok that's what I thought. Now I'm like how does it work with the sperm collection? 🤔 Collect it then insert it right away? And now I'm wondering how easy it would be to put the opening of the syringe right at the opening of the cervix so the sperm don't have to find their way in 😆
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 yeah, you can use frozen or fresh sperm. As we’re going the fresh route, I’m curious how this will impact DH’s performance anxiety. You want to use collected sperm within an hour so obviously it needs to be done on or right before O (two syringes so I’m planning -1 and O based on what Mira tells me). So maybe he’ll still be nervous. The difference is that he can do it anytime in that window and then I can “shoot it up” (DH’s words...and they say romance is dead). So we’ll see. It’s basically a $90 experiment. 🙂 But if it alleviates a bit of the pressure, it’s worth it. 
  • Month/Cycle: 7/7
    CD: 18
    WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon supplements 
    R/R: hanging out with both ofnour families over the course of the weekend, and hoping to do planting tomorrow if it dries up early enough .

CS/Q: today was one of those random lots of EWCM out of nowhere days, so fingers crossed I O in the next couple days. Told my husband I'm jumping him when we get home.

• In the car on the way home so I can finally do tags.

@b_1029 sounds like a fun weekend!

@pajamstagrams hey, generic long weekend is still a long weekend!

@rachelredhead boo CD1 but hopefully the mosie helps this cycle! It certainly can't hurt!

@inthewoods23 I hope your bonfire is more relaxing than frustrating!

@kgg2241 ugh, I'm sorry your doctor dropped the ball on you.

@acleverusername the landlord stuff sounds frustrating. I swear home repair stuff that seems like it should be simple always ends up the most annoying to get done stuff.