Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday 5/28

<p>**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** </p><p>Month/Cycle: </p><p>CD: </p><p>WAYDTGKU: </p><p>R/R: </p><p>CS/Q: </p>

Re: WTO Friday 5/28

• awelloawello member

Month/Cycle: 2

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: BBT, Charting, OPK, CM

R/R: My dog is old and crotchety, not to mention going blind and deaf. I got up, all happy it's Friday, and stepped in a puddle of pee. We leave out pee pads for our dog, but because he can't see very well, he misses them sometimes. It's annoying to find pee spots on the floor, but it also makes me sad because it's a reminder that my dog is probably not going to live for many more years. Or, maybe he will, just to spite everyone. But again, it's Friday and I have a three-day weekend! 

CS/Q: I started using my OPKs once per day a couple of days ago. I can't decide if I should wait to start using my OPK strips twice a day, since in my last cycle, FF had dotted crosshairs for O on CD 15. I'm just afraid I'm going to miss my surge if I O sooner than last month, but I don't exactly want to waste OPK strips. That is the question, I suppose!

•  Month/Cycle: 2/3

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: vitamins, OPKs

R/R: It’s Friday and my last day of work for the summer! This is my first time ever (well, since high school) having a summer without work, and I’m excited but also a little overwhelmed. I don’t know if I’ll be on here more or less without being in the office, haha. Any recommendations on books to put on my summer list? My taste is all over the place, but lately I’ve been reading fantasy and alternate reality.

CS/Q: Nope

@awello Aw, you’re sweet to take such good care of your geriatric pup. I’m not an expert on OPKs by any means, but I would think you’re probably safe to go a few more days before testing twice a day (unless you know you have a super quick surge).  

• Loading the player...
  • awelloawello member
    @abjm0325 Summer vacations are so fun! As far as books, I'm obsessed with the Cormoran Strike novels (they're mysteries) by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling). I'm almost done with The Cuckoo's Calling, which has been amazing. Indignation by Phillip Roth is a good one if you like darker drama — there's also a movie counterpart that came out in the last few years that I really enjoyed. As far as the OPKs, thanks for your reply! I think I will wait a few days to test twice a day. 

• @awello It's so hard when our pets get older :(  As for the OPKs, if you have cheapies I would go for twice a day if you have a tendency to O early. Do you know if you tend to have a short or long surge?

@abjm0325 Excited for your summer without work! I just finished The Alice Network - it was WWI/WWII historical fiction and I loved it! A little mystery, a little action, and a little romance. The writing wasn't great at times but the plot kept me going!

Month/Cycle: 13/12

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: charting, pnv

R/R: So. Close. To. The. Weekend. So, finally ready to share my exciting work news! I got an assistantship through my doctoral program for next year and my superintendent has granted me a leave of absence for the year so I will be helping my advisor on a research project part time and working on my dissertation for the year! I'm thrilled, I'm sure as some of you already know, as my workplace has been a bit hard for me to be in especially this year. So excited to be able to focus on my research and get this darn dissertation done! It's going to be a little bit different for our finances for the year, but we think it will be worth it for my mental health and future career. I'm excited!

CS/Q: 

• awelloawello member
    @fameonmain2  I'm not 100% sure right now. This is only my second month temping, and I went off BC back in November. My cycles have varied from 21 days to 30 days since coming off of it, although they've been becoming more and more regular. FF pinpointed O day on CD 15 with dotted crosshairs last cycle (got a late start temping and charting last cycle, so this month is my first full month with charting). I was thinking of waiting another day or two to start testing twice a day, but maybe I'll start today. Also, congrats on your news and getting to work on your dissertation!

• @awello aww poor sweet pupper. It's hard seeing them decline. Our hedgehog a few years ago declined pretty fast from what we believe was jaw cancer :'( but cancer is known to be quite aggressive in hedgehogs. I think we basically prolonged his life by a few weeks and once he was very clearly not eating we knew it was time to let him go. Ok on to something a little more cheerful.... originally I used to start testing once at CD10 and then twice a day at CD12 or something (with O normally being somewhere between CD15-19). My surge happens somewhat quickly in that I get the same reading for some time, then the next OPK gets a little darker, and then the very next OPK will be either positive or nearly positive. Looking back I noticed my first positive has never happened before the evening of CD14 so I did that 2 cycles ago and caught my surge just fine. Then last cycle something told me I should test on CD13 and actually got my first positive just after midnight on CD14 so it came a little bit earlier last cycle. IMO, if O for you is usually around CD15 then starting twice a day on CD12 or 13 is probably enough.

@abjm0325 enjoy your work free summer!

@fameonmain2 that's awesome news!! congrats!

Month/Cycle: 7 AL

CD: uhhhh 6? *checks FF* yes 6

WAYDTGKU: "tracking but not tracking" with OPKs, bbt, CM, GF/DF diet

R/R: oh boy TGIF!! Super excited for the long weekend. We're going to try having people over for a bonfire this weekend but it's been raining since yesterday and I don't know if that will be enough time for things to dry out and actually burn well. We'll see.

CS/Q: I have had steady temps for the last 3 days so I'm hoping for once my WTO side of my chart looks nice instead of like mountainous garbage :D at least my TWW temps always look great.

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • awelloawello member
    @inthewoods23 thanks! that makes sense.

• @awello it's so hard when they start showing their age
    @abjm0325 oooh enjoy the summer! jealous! my next up books are: malibu rising, queenie, people we meet on vacation,  the brilliant life of eudora honeysett and this close to okay
    @fameonmain2 congrats!!!
    @inthewoods23 ugh that rain is all coming here this weekend, i hope you get to have friends over!!

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: ntnp

R/R: brrrrr its gonna be like barely 50 tomorrow, rain starts today at 4pm and doesn't stop until sunday. gross. i think i'm closing the office early bc why not?

CS/Q: natm

• b_1029b_1029 member
    @awello poor pup :( it’s so sad watching animals get old. Before she died, our lab was having accidents all the time but my parents dealt with it for a long time because we just loved her so much. I don’t have anything to add RE: OPKs other than the great advice from others! 

@abjm0325 oh man I wouldn’t know what to do with all that free time! I’m jealous but it would also be daunting bc I’d feel like I’d have to do EVERYTHING. In terms of books, I’m very into like the murder mystery type ones and read a lot of good free ones on my kindle. If I can ever find my charger I’ll let you know haha

@fameonmain2 whoa, that’s awesome! Many congrats on your assistantship! 

@inthewoods23 yes you’re on day 6 😆 I guess you can usually check mine if I beat you here. Hope you all are able to have a bonfire!

Month/Cycle: 3

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: OPKs, CM, BBT

R/R: i cannotttttt make myself work today. Practically everyone on my team is off and my manager said we could log off a little early if we’re in a good spot. Also my SIL is in town which means we have like 496007 activities planned and I’m not really looking forward to everything. I’m always happy to see her but MH’s family does the most. I think she leaves Monday so we should get to enjoy 1 day of relaxing 😆 also this is stupid but one of the reasons all the activities bug me is because nothing fits me right now and I feel so uncomfortable in all my clothes. Now that my MIL has made a few comments about me getting back in the gym, plus practically the whole family is on a low carb diet...I’m really self conscious.

CS/Q: just one little dot. No q’s

• @awello having months (unfortunately) of data really helps. Hopefully you can eventually see some consistency and know you can start OPKs later.

@anniemarie887 that's basically my feelings today. It's cold, and if it's quiet in our emails and the phones I'm probably going to call it quits at 4 or something. Frankly if you're calling at 4pm or later on a Friday before a 3 day holiday weekend it can't be that important.

@b_1029 thanks for the CD confirmation :D I'm having a hard time caring about working today. I guess that's why I'm bumming around on TB right now haha
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @awello aww, poor pupper, but yay long weekend!

@abjm0325 if you like magic/fantasy, I highly recommend the Mageborn series and its followup serieses by Michael G. Manning. The first book is The Blacksmith's son, and there's 11 books total between all 3 series. They're one of my absolute favorite series.

@fameonmain2 yay, congratulations! That's super exciting!

@inthewoods23 ooh, bonfire, I love bonfires. Enjoy the long weekend!

@anniemarie887 we must be semi near each other, it's not supposed to get over 60, and is going to rain on and off for the next 4 days. Boo.

@b_1029 those days when you're one of the only ones working before a holiday always drag, don't they?

Month/Cycle: 7/7

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: bbt, cm, opks, cinnamon supplements

R/R: Math over the summer is very intense, my brain is melting. At least the class is only a month. And I'm happy because we get to spend time with both of our families this weekend.

CS/Q: yay, FF isn't on drugs anymore and realizes I didn't ovulate on CD8!

• @inthewoods23 Hope you can have your bonfire!

@anniemarie887 I fully support your decision to close the office early!

@b_1029 I’ve already picked up a side work project of sorts so clearly I don’t actually know how to take time off, haha. Hope you get to log off early today!

• 10 mins and we are outta here ladies! i hope everyone else can sign off work a little early :)