January 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms 5/26

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/26

• I don't know how true it is, but I read that your pregnancy tests can get lighter when the HCG gets too high? I've been taking the cheapo strips every morning (because I am a lunatic) and was panicking that the lines were looking lighter.
  • Loading the player...
  • The bloat was so bad last night it was even given some back pain! I busted out the snoogle so I could sleep.
  • Also, even though I've done this twice,  I can't remember if I'll have an ultrasound at my appt today. Realistically I would like to know when my EDD is since I have irregular,  long cycles. 
  • I have my first in-person appointment in 2 weeks! Finally! They said they might do a small ultrasound, but it’s just a physical. They’re not sure if they’re going to do a NIPT test since I’m not 35 yet but I will be when I give birth. I’ll be 9.5 weeks at the appointment and I’m crossing my fingers they do because I would love to find out the gender early!!! (Obviously what’s most important is a healthy baby) And I’m dying to tell my kids and parents this weekend since I’ll be 8 weeks but I’m debating whether or not to play it safe and wait another week to make sure the appointment goes well. Ugh but it’s so hard waiting and I don’t know what to do!!! 😩😆
  • I’m still 2.5 weeks out from my first appointment 😭 I’ll be over ten weeks and this is a new to me doctors office so I have no idea what to expect. Time is absolutely dragging and it feels forever away. 
    I also really need to find a local babysitter. My mom is coming over for my appointment but I hate having her drive that far every time I need to go when my husband is gone. Which is going to be like half this pregnancy I think 😅
  • dani_0921 said:
    I'm currently hiding in my basement with my laptop doing work while my house is being cleaned. I have snacks and nausea drops surrounding me and I feel ridiculous. Also, first appt later today!

Good luck! I have my first appointment this afternoon too.
  • @dani_0921 @fifilala516 Good luck at your appointments today, ladies!

AFM, kind of a lazy day. I'm so unmotivated to do anything. I need to vacuum, need to make the bed, need to clean up after the kids... ok guys. I'm getting off the couch to do stuff now. 
  • Pap smear and bloodwork (and urine sample of course) US in two weeks and then an intake appt.
  • DD vomited in her crib last night. Full cleanup and bath this morning made me late for a blood draw appointment.. but that's no big deal.
    Poor girl though! I hope she's doing ok at daycare.. thinking some food just didn't settle in her stomach.
  • @fifilala516 I've never heard that. I took my last pregnancy test yesterday and the test line was darker than the control. Makes me feel more confident! I do know anywhere from week 8-11 HCG drops off. Are you close to week 8?

I'm still not feeling much here. Fatigue is really the only thing, and a bit of pressure in my uterus, but nothing crazy. Expecting nausea to kick in next week at some point. 
    My husband leaves for a work trip on Saturday, and I'm kind of looking forward to only having to pick up after myself and my son. And watching WHATEVER I want to in the evenings. 
  • @fifilala516 I've never heard that. I took my last pregnancy test yesterday and the test line was darker than the control. Makes me feel more confident! I do know anywhere from week 8-11 HCG drops off. Are you close to week 8?

I'm still not feeling much here. Fatigue is really the only thing, and a bit of pressure in my uterus, but nothing crazy. Expecting nausea to kick in next week at some point. 
    My husband leaves for a work trip on Saturday, and I'm kind of looking forward to only having to pick up after myself and my son. And watching WHATEVER I want to in the evenings. 
    I'm halfway thru Week 6. My test this morning was lighter - both the control line and the positive line - but then I added some water to the urine to dilute the HCG and it was much darker. So odd! 
  • Limes030 said:
    DD vomited in her crib last night. Full cleanup and bath this morning made me late for a blood draw appointment.. but that's no big deal.
    Poor girl though! I hope she's doing ok at daycare.. thinking some food just didn't settle in her stomach.
    Oh no! Hope your daughter is feeling better (and that you didn't catch whatever she has!)
  • @fifilala516 yes she bounced back quickly.. slept through the next night fine and no more vomit. A bit more snot, but not enough for daycare to send her home 🙏. I haven't gotten snotty myself yet, so fingers crossed I avoided this one!

Though I think I totally gave myself salmonella poisoning and now have been throwing up, etc for 12 hrs off and on. I sent an email to my OB and will follow up tomorrow if I don't feel better soon. Man, this is not our week!