January 2022 Moms
Options

UO Thursday 5.27

I know Friends is not everyone's cup of tea, but with the reunion available today, I couldn't resist.  What's your UO today?

DS: 3-6-15 💙
Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: UO Thursday 5.27

• Options
    I think we went over this already but I don't find "Friends" funny. Like, at all. 

My UO is that I don't like matcha. I tried to like it (I'm really just a wannabe influencer at heart) and it does absolutely nothing for me. 
  • Options
    @fifilala516 I like matcha in things, like a latte or whatever, but I tried to just make and drink matcha, and it made me gag. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fifilala516 I don't like matcha either.  I've tried not a fan. 

I also don't like bubble tea.  I don't want to have to chew my drink, thank you very much. 
  • Options
    @fifilala516 I agree on the matcha!
    @MagalinaH That was what I was literally going to say next! I love dont understand the huge hype about it. The beads are weird and also the drinks are so sugary. 

Pepsi over coke. I said what I said. 
  • Options
    @firewife2021 I also prefer Pepsi over Coke
  • Options
    @firewife2021 @magalina_h Oh, I love bubble tea and prefer Coke over Pepsi. *shrug*
  • Options
    Pepsi over coke are fighting words! 
  • Options
    Yes to Friends. What is matcha? Pepsi over coke unless it's vanilla coke. 
    I Dont like seafood. Especially dont like sushi so not being able to eat it doesnt bother me in the slightest. 
  • Options
    @AshleyGemini24 Matcha is like finely ground green tea powder - super intense green tea taste. 

I loooove seafood and sushi. I am already dreaming about the massive spicy tuna handroll I am going to have the second I am allowed to. 
  • Options
    I like "sushi," but only if it's cooked.  I'm not a fan of raw fish - so I am continuing to eat it during pregnancy.  I had a really yummy tempura shrimp godzilla roll for lunch this week.  I also like just a veggie roll - avocado, carrot, cucumber. 
  • Options
    I don't think I've had matcha, and I don't understand the appeal of bubble tea AT ALL. 

I think I prefer coke? But give me a cherry coke over everything. I don't really drink soda, in general, but mmm... cherry coke. 

Regarding sushi, I don't like the solid slabs of raw fish over the rice - it's too much. But I'll eat a roll with some raw fish in it, provided there's a bunch of other stuff rolled up in there. And yes to all the other non-fish rolls - dragon rolls, spider rolls... yum. 

My UO: Superhero movies are not interesting. Like, I have zero motivation to watch any of them. Exceptions: I'd watch the movie with baby Groot, because he's super cute, but still I'm not all that interested; and I'd see Shang-Chi, only because Simu Liu is in it (any Kim's Convenience fans?) 
  • Options
    @AshleyGemini24 I agree on the vanilla coke! I haven't had one of those in years! 
  • Options
    Also dislike matcha. I really don't get the hype.
    Coke over Pepsi, but I dont really drink much soda. 
    Love love love sushi. Not being able to eat it makes me so sad. Also missing oysters, pate, soft boiled eggs and smoke salmon. 😩

UO I am enjoying the take over of cicadas right now in my area (near Washington DC). They are quite loud at the moment!
  • Options
    @lilyfox I am with you on everything except the cicadas. I am missing my lox bagel something fierce.
  • Options
    UO aside from alcohol and caffeine I don’t follow any of the guidelines for pregnancy eating- when i was pregnant with my daughter i was soooooo sick that the ob told me to eat “anything” I could keep down and he clarified he meant “anything” , since then i have literally eaten the sushi, soft cheese, pate, lunch meat…also I don’t like soda so i have zero opinion on coke or pepsi, lol 
  • Options
    Friends is ok. Never had matcha or bubble tea but keep meaning to try. Pepsi over Coke. But cherry coke is better than cherry Pepsi and Vanilla Coke is best of all. I love seafood and sushi. Big fan of Marvel movies. Cicadas are gross and the swarms are terrifying. Other than alcohol and scaling back on the coffee I really don’t change what I eat much for pregnancy either 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ummm. I don’t understand people who refuse to wear maternity clothes and just size up. I’m all for feeling comfortable and having clothes that actually fit my body