Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 5.24

inthewoods23inthewoods23 member
edited May 2021 in Trying to Get Pregnant
**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.**

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

Questions? 

GTKY: Name a state you haven't been to that you'd like to visit someday and why.
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: TTCAL w/o 5.24

• Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc. Loss at 8w, October 2020

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? I had way too many things look "perfect" with my cycle so that was a major bummer. A chart that was still on the incline at 10dpo, good HIO timing, and I swear I started feeling symptoms at 5dpo. When my test turned out to be negative I was insisting it must be a bad test. Supposedly early result Wondfos that detect 10IU/mL are not real and therefore are counterfeit per one of the reviews on Amazon and since this was a relatively new box I thought maybe it was all a dud. Nope, FRER said no. So yeah... all that combined really affected my Thursday last week. It was really difficult to deal with not having DH at home.

Any testing coming up/any recent results? nope, not for a while

Questions? also nope

GTKY: Name a state you haven't been to that you'd like to visit someday and why. I have quite a few on this list. I'm super interested in possibly visiting Maine some day. I was briefly in Vermont and New York for a work trip and the whole area is just beautiful and I hear Maine is the same. Other than that Hawaii is on the list like most people haha.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited May 2021
    @inthewoods23 I'm sorry your last cycle was so stressful. Hugs ❤️ I wish Amazon didn't have so much counterfeit sh*t!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.
    Recent loss at 7w 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? just had my follow up appointment with my OB, and he wants me to wait 2 cycles (not including this one) before trying again. Really bummed about that, I was hoping to just have to wait until my next period. So best case scenario, that benches me for 2.5 months. 😕😕 🤞my cycles come back to their normal short-ish length and I don't have to deal with long cycles and more waiting. And I'll try to focus on what I *can* do in the meantime, which is having that glass of wine, and resuming my heavy lifts. 

Also, I'm an idiot and completely forgot to ask about resuming exercise/baths/protected sexy time, so I guess I'll just conservatively wait until my next period lol, and make sure my current hormonal migraines are gone . Everything internally looks great so I'm not super concerned. 

Nope, although we're not going to test out my betas, I'll probably get some cheapies and POAS for my own sanity and curiosity. I didn't have far to fall though so I would be surprised if I was negative already. 

Questions? nope

GTKY: Name a state you haven't been to that you'd like to visit someday and why.
    hmm, maybe the PNW? Would love to go up to the woods or something and have a nice relaxing getaway. Hit up some wineries too. 

Edit for correct tag.
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 sorry this bfn was extra difficult for you. And boo to counterfeit wondfos! Sending hugs!

@pajamstagrams hugs friend. I was benched for 2-3 cycles after my loss too and it sucked. Hell I’m still technically in my second cycle cause it’s been over 80 days long. I’m sorry you have to be benched on top of dealing with a loss. 

1 MC in January

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with and/or what is going well? 
    I’m doing pretty well overall. Since my primary isn’t concerned about diabetes, I’m planning to call my OB if my period comes this weekend to see if we can move forward with medicated cycles after all. 

I might POAS this weekend.

Questions? Nope

Alaska! The scenery is breathtaking there and I’ve always wanted to see it! Hawaii is on my list too!
  • *lurking*
    (@pajamstagrams I think you meant to tag @inthewoods23)
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername yup, sure did. So sorry about that, don't know what I was thinking. 😕
  • @pajamstagrams did your OB give reasoning for waiting 2 cycles? I'm wondering if that's their recommendation when they don't plan on testing HCG down to 0. That way they don't have to worry about a future positive HPT being potentially from the previous pregnancy. In my experience, I had already ovulated before I was officially not pregnant so I could see how there could be some confusion had I gotten pregnant right away. I think I was still getting lines on the dollar store tests that are 25IU/mL sensitive. In addition to the cheapies I would recommend a box of FRERs just to be 100% sure you're down to being clinically not pregnant. I had the faintest of faint lines 3 weeks post-MC and tests showed my HCG was 3 so those suckers are sensitive. A negative of those would be the best peace of mind that you are definitely not pregnant when you move forward.

Oh, and numbers-wise... I think it was 3 days after my MC (happened on a Friday) that I did the first beta draw and that was around 200 or something. Just to give you an idea of how long it took my numbers to drop. I almost thought it was stalling at the end it was going so slow.

Hope that wasn't too much.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 he's not doing betas I think because everything on my ultrasound looked good and normal I suppose, at least that's what I gathered when he was showing me everything and said "we don't need to do betas". My betas were low to begin with (2700 just hours after the actual MC), so they don't have far to fall, but yeah I guess they can still stall out. I'll definitely get a box of FRERs too to confirm, good advice. 

Not sure why he goes with 2 cycles, but 🤷‍♀️ probably just to make sure the body is back to normal I imagine and there is no confusion with dating. 
  • @gingermama29 thanks ❤️ and Alaska is amazing! You should totally go! I used to live there and miss it so much (minus the hellish mosquitoes 😳)