1st Trimester

not sure what to think

Kkounesk729Kkounesk729 member
edited May 2021 in 1st Trimester
So, my last period was march 23. I took a preg test at the end of april right before my period would come and it came up positive. On may 14, i went and had an ultrasound and first visit with my ob. He didn't see anything so he sent me to a more advanced radiology location. My ob said according to my period, I would be 7 weeks and some days. I went to the advanced radiology place and they found a yolk inside the gestational sac but no heartbeat. They determined I would be 5 weeks 5 days. During this time I had blood drawn 3 or 4 times. My hcg continued to rise but my progesterone started to drop. My ob labeled it as a missed miscarriage this past Friday. I have a scheduled d&c this week and decided today to do just one more ultrasound for my own peace of mind. I'm still waiting on the results,  but the sonographer did tell me there was a change from last week, but couldn't elaborate.  Now my mind is racing with what it could be.
Has this happened to anyone?

Re: not sure what to think

• <blockquote class="Quote">
    <div class="QuoteAuthor"><a href="/profile/Kkounesk729" class="js-userCard" data-userid="10558805">Kkounesk729</a> said:</div>
    <div class="QuoteText"><div>So, my last period was march 23. I took a preg test at the end of april right before my period would come and it came up positive. On may 14, i went and had an ultrasound and first visit with my ob. He didn't see anything so he sent me to a more advanced radiology location. My ob said according to my period, I would be 7 weeks and some days. I went to the advanced radiology place and they found a yolk inside the gestational sac but no heartbeat. They determined I would be 5 weeks 5 days. During this time I had blood drawn 3 or 4 times. My hcg continued to rise but my progesterone started to drop. My ob labeled it as a missed miscarriage this past Friday. I have a scheduled d&c this week and decided today to do just one more ultrasound for my own peace of mind. I'm still waiting on the results,  but the sonographer did tell me there was a change from last week, but couldn't elaborate.  Now my mind is racing with what it could be.
    </div><div>Has this happened to anyone?
    </div></div>
    </blockquote>
    QFP<div>I'm sorry you're going through this.

If you became pregnant, and the levels were all normal, but the baby measured smaller than expected and the progesterone was dropping, that sounds to me like why he said MMC.  HCG can keep rising, but if the pregnancy is not viable, progesterone dropping could be a sign that your body "knows" it needs to let go?  For lack of a better way to phrase it.

On the other hand, not looking at a calendar, but if you ovulated later than expected, like two weeks late, then going based on LMP, the dating would be two weeks off.  I'm not sure if you already had a positive test at that point.  With the sonographer saying there's a change but can't say what, I would be calling the doctor to find out wth they are talking about.  I'm not sure they realize how painful that is to make an off-hand comment and give someone false hope, when all you are looking for right now is an answer.

Meantime, I will hope for better news for you, and some clarity, either way.  Please let us know how it works out.  If you need support, there is TTCAL on the TTGP board as well.  GL
    </div>