Infertility

May/June 2021 FET Do I have any buddies?

Re: May/June 2021 FET Do I have any buddies?

• I know this an FET board, but it seems really active. I just got the call from my nurse, and we trigger tonight! My first ever ER is scheduled for impossibly early Thursday morning. I am mostly excited. The stim meds threw me for a loop haha.
  • skyee87skyee87 member
    edited May 2021
    @strajn01 so exciting! I’ll also be stimming in June so you’re not alone. Stimming can definitely be a roller coaster but hang in there (the hunger games are quite the ride). Wishing you all the best on ER day and afterwards! ❤️
  • Loading the player...
  • @strajn01 Stims are no fun but yay for trigger!  Egg retrieval is the easy part, then you have to wait for the results over several days/weeks--Not as easy lol.  I hope it goes great and you have fabulous results! 
  • Fun stuff here.  So you know how I was supposed to get a period after stopping progesterone last month?   Well tests came back and my body decided to just start a whole new cycle!  So I've ovulated and am now in the luteal phase according to B/W and U/S.  My body is being so weird!  I'm just hoping my cycle starts soon and all of the delays were a cosmic intervention to make sure I transfer at the perfect moment.. Positivity right?! 
  • skyee87skyee87 member
    @danij823 that is crazy! I'm glad everything is OK and your body is just recovering <3 Definitely tons of positivity and delay notwithstanding your body will be ready and in the best position for the best transfer!

AFM:

Somewhat annoyed with my clinic. I'm picking up the cost on the stim meds out of pocket and tried to find an alternative (online pharmacy based outside the U.S.) but my clinic is refusing to send them a prescription (because they think it is risky and not recommended). Ugh. Infertility is such a pain.
  • @skyee87 What the heck?  Really?  That should be your decision! Meds are so crazy expensive ugh.   Infertility is terrible.  I'm sorry girl.  That is incredibly frustrating.  
  • Thanks for all the encouragement! 

@danij823 the human body is totally weird. You’d think after the forever of doctor school the REs would have some idea of how bodies work. So much always ends up as a mystery. But I know you’re right. Your body is just waiting for everything to be perfect for a little one

@skyee87 it’s always something, yeah? This process is so overwhelming, financial and emotionally. I hope you and the doctors can figure it out.

AFM:
    Today didn’t go as well as I had hoped. The Dr came in and said my right ovary was “too high”, so they could only get 2 out of that side. And both sides were FULL. We ended up with 10 eggs total. I’m so frustrated! It feels like all that work for half of it to go to waste. He asked if it was ever an issue with US and I’m like yeah, every time. 

The staff at my clinic are nice and knowledgeable, but there doesn’t seem to be ANY communication. I’m seriously thinking about trying a different clinic. I want a larger family, and I’m young-ish (31). And with only 10 eggs, I’ll have to do a 2nd ER. 
  • @danij823 Oh my gosh, bodies are so weird - and awesome, too!  Glad they figured out what's going on anyhow :)

@strajn01 So sorry that didn't go as planned.  FWIW, you don't know yet what your fert and freeze reports may yield.  Everyone has a different experience.  That said, if you don't feel comfortable at your clinic, then that is something to seriously consider!  :#   We always wanted a bigger family, too, but we also knew first and foremost we were not going to leave any embryos behind.  So when we got three to freeze, we did opt for a second retrieval before moving onto transfer, and then we got four more (all non-PGS).  We are about to transfer our last embryo now, and I have to say, it's a huge relief knowing that we are not leaving anyone behind.  Especially since you are still young, that's something I would bear in mind.  Depending on your treatment plan, and depending on how this first one shakes out, you may or may not feel the need right away.  GL!!!
  • @strajn01 Damn, all the eggs left behind.. I'd be frustrated too!   10 is still pretty great.  I know when you had more/compare to others it may not seem that way.  But it is !  I hope they all fertilize nicely and develop into healthy little embabies for ya!  Nothing about this process is easy, or ever goes as planned exactly.   I'd say for now try to stay calm and positive for some good results and then go from there.  Or let out a little frustration scream and then carry on :)   Let us know when you get updates! 
  • @BusinessWife I know you are keeping it quiet and calm this transfer but you are in my thoughts and I am hoping the absolute best for you friend! 
  • *sigh* so we had 2 fertilize. I’m absolutely crushed, and so scared that we won’t have any to transfer. We’re doing a freeze all
  • @strajn01 well crap!   I'm sorry love!   I hope those 2 are fighters!    When is the next update? 
  • I finally got my freakin period!!!!!!!!! Called in my cycle day 1 so just waiting to hear from my nurse and get a game plan.  She'll probably say, go pick up some birth control and I'll get back to you.. Oh well, at least it's a move in the right direction ! 

• skyee87skyee87 member
    @strajn01 I'm so sorry! Hang in there - praying for the two! 

@danij823 YAY!! So happy it's finally here! 
  • Hoping the best for your two little fighters!!! @strajn01 I'm sorry this cycle hasn't gone anything like planned.  Did your clinic have any other recommendations to offer about the fact that you only got Half a retrieval?

Yay! @danij823 So glad AF finally arrived and you can get this show on the road!  Did the nurse call back with your gameplan?  Thanks for the support. ❤️  Hopefully I'll have something good to share in the next week or two... 
  • @BusinessWife My nurse called and had me pick up birth control lol.  That's it so far.  She said she will pass me off to the transfer nurses now and they should be calling within a week.  Gosh I hope they give me a schedule soon so my brain doesn't explode from anxiety lol.   
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @strajn01 - hoping to hear that you have embryos to freeze!! 

I had my transfer today - went well according to the clinic. Beta is June 7. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @JWatt5 Yay!!!  I hope you have a nice relaxing wait and get the best news ever on June 7th! 
  • Oh my gosh! @JWatt5 Congratulations!!!  What a long time to wait for beta tho 😬
  • @danij823 Wow.  You have the patience of a saint.  I would be blowing up those phones till I got some kind of schedule, what the heck!?  Hopefully you get some clarity soon, cos that would drive me bonkers, too.
  • skyee87skyee87 member
    @JWatt5 ahhhh so glad it went well and can't wait for June7th! <3
  • Hi Ladies,
    I know I went and ghosted everyone.  Things got a little overwhelming so I decided to spend a little less time on the computer the past month.  Sorry, i wasn't here for support.  

Lots of movement still happening here!

@JWatt5 it's nice to "see" you again, congrats on a good transfer!
    @danij823 so glad AF finally came and you get your calendar soon.  
    @BusinessWife wishing you the best this cyle.  
    @skyee87 Meds are so challenging, i did a ton of research when i did my Stim/ER and wanted to do like 5 different pharmacies and my clinic said i could choose one local and one mail order and that's it.  
    @strajn01 hugs, wishing you the best.  The rates of successfully getting to fertilize are so challenging.  

AFM
    Transfer was on 5/13

I'm still sitting in limbo, my first beta was low at 40 and my second was a barely acceptable increase at 63.5.  I have another blood draw on Friday.  Trying to stay positive but it's challenging.  Nothing i can do but hope this little one is a fighter.  MH isn't sure he wants to do another transfer after this (It was hard enough to talk him into this one) so fingers crossed LO is still growing.  
  • Oh man, @blackhottamales  I'm so sorry you're in this limbo... I will hope and pray for you both! <3
    May I ask do you have more embryos left, or would you have to do a whole new cycle?  Why is he so hesitant about doing another one?
  • @BusinessWife thanks for validating me, I feel like I'm being annoying but I am so tired of waiting and not knowing AHH! 

@blackhottamales I was wondering what happened to you love!  I hope Friday brings good news.  How frustrating to have the two week wait drag out so far!  
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @BusinessWife - so long. They said 12 days but since the 12th day is a Sunday, its the next day. I'm sure I'll test before hand. I'm just not sure when I will - still deciding!
    @blackhottamales - beta hell - I've been there before and it's awful. Still have my fingers crossed for you!
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• I’m so grateful for all of you. Everyone is so kind and supportive. I’m happy to report that one made it to freeze!

I would like some opinions. I’m only 31, and our issue is PCOS. 1 embryo is kind of a bad result, right? Or did I just have super unrealistic expectations? I kinda figured 3-4, maybe 5-7 if we were really lucky?

@BusinessWife I haven’t really heard anything from my clinic about the issues with this cycle. It’s why I think we’ll transfer our one, then switch clinics. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!
  • @strajn01 I'm so glad the cycle wasn't a total bust and you got a precious embryo! The thing about a first cycle is it's more of an experiment for most.  Even with all the pre-IVF testing they just can't always predict what your body will do and how you will respond. Does your clinic schedule a regroup to go over the cycle? Ours did and it was really helpful.  If they don't offer you any kind of explanation or make you feel more comfortable you should for sure transfer and then get outta there.  This process is just too hard on the mind, body and wallet.  The last thing you need is another uncertainty.  
    When do you get to transfer love?! 
  • @BusinessWife (in a spoiler to be sensitive around # of embryos)

We were really lucky and have an additional 3 embryos still, all PGA tested. 

MH never really wanted kids, he's amazing with DS; however, he's fine with just one so it was hard to get him ready for this one. Of course, it's not just around money; however, spending $8K+ for nothing seems heartbreaking as well.  I usually "win" as seen with the fact that I had a husband that didn't really want kids and we had to do IVF just to get one.  So if things don't end well, I hope we can take the summer to enjoy and i can talk him into it again in the fall.  

@JWatt5 thank you!

@strajn01 I agree with PP, IVF is so challenging to tell how your body is going to react.  I do believe if you aren't comfortable with your current clinic and not getting the communication you need you should research other clinics.  

• edited May 2021
    @blackhottamales Yeah, it's so hard.  It's such an investment of EVERYTHING, time, money, your heart, blood sweat and tears.

<div class="Spoiler">DH and I are lucky that we were on board from the beginning with transferring all of our embryos, no matter what, and due to the insurance I went out and got once I realized we would need IVF to grow our biological family, the OOP each time has been very minimal, especially for natural FETs.  It's hard because IVF can be so unpredictable.  I have a friend who knew they only wanted one, and that's what they got - one fresh transfer, and they were good!  And then other couples end up with more embryos than anyone could possibly transfer them all.  So hopefully you guys can keep the dialogue going.  I know every family is different, but for me personally, it has been hard for me to rest knowing they were waiting for me. <3 We want more kids, but we aren't prepared to go through all the uncertainty of starting over with a whole new IVF, kwim?  Anyway, you'll be in my T&P.  When is your next beta???</div>
  • @danij823 well now I’m waiting for AF. They put me on provera immediately after my ER. If all goes well, transfer should be mid to late June, betas in early July.

Glad things are moving forward for you. Hope you get that calendar soon!
  • @BusinessWife thank you.  beta is this morning, but I'm sure i won't get a call until late this afternoon.  So just lots of waiting.  At least I have a busy weekend planned for no matter the news so I hopefully don't obsess over things too much.  How are you?  
  • @blackhottamales Oh I hope that beta looks real good today!!  Thinking of you ! 

@strajn01 Awesome!  That's so soon!   My clinic has no sense of urgency.  They always just say, "start taking birth control and we'll get back to you.."  So I'm waiting, again lol. 
  • @blackhottamales Ah!  GL, glad you can stay busy.  I have been trying to do the same.  We are house hunting, so that that takes up a certain amount of energy.  I also just auditioned for a show last night! lol so that's super fun, and I'm hoping even if it's bad news, it may be good for me to have something fun and constructive like that to throw myself into.  Taking it a say at a time!
  • Got a quick call today...

I'm still pregnant!?! so freaking surprised.  Obviously so happy (and nervous) but I can still say I'm pregnant.  My number went up to 327.3.  That's a doubling time of 40 hours!!

@BusinessWife good luck with the house hunting! that's definitely a time suck.  That's exciting that you auditioned for a show.  I hope you get the part you want.  
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    @blackhottamales - that’s great! Just have to see what happens now! 
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• YAY!!!!! @blackhottamales  So happy to hear some good news going into the weekend! <3
  • skyee87skyee87 member
    Yay @blackhottamales - that is amazing news! 🙏🙏🙏 for you and for it to keep doubling!! ❤️
  • Congrats @blackhottamales  That’s wonderful news!
  • JWatt5JWatt5 member
    edited May 2021
    @blackhottamales - do they have you doing another beta?? 

So I think I’m going to test tomorrow. 6dp5dt. I’ll keep in mind if it’s negative to give it another day or two but my anxiety is going crazy and testing usually helps.
    TTC #1 07.2015
    TTC #2 06.2019

• @JWatt5 ah!  How exciting!  Yes, I think six days is usually a pretty safe bet.  Please remind me with your protocol, did you have a trigger shot?  I can't remember if you said you were doing natural or medicated.