Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Tuesday 5/25

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Tuesday 5/25

• @gingermama29 that is incredible news!!! very glad to hear that the lifestyle choices you're making are making such a good impact on your health. it is amazing how much healthy eating is a good impact on our physical health (and mental health). 

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 25/6

Timing: -5, -2, -1

Typical LP length: 12 days

Testing: not yet, maybe later *shrugs*

R/R: I pulled a muscle in my neck this morning, which is so annoying and also painful. I'm lurking a lot lately; I'm invested in everyone's updates but feeling a bit quiet for myself. 

CS/Q: 

• Loading the player...
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member

@gingermama29 That is great news! What a relief. And good job making changes to stay on top of it. 

@beakay8 Awe I'm sorry about your neck pain. Neck pain is the worstttt. And lurk away! I go through bursts of activity and then periods of holding back a little. I think it is normal. 

-

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 31/14

Timing: Great

Typical LP length: 15 days or so

Testing: BFN

R/R: I am going on a walking tour of downtown today for work. I'm super excited to get out and enjoy the sunshine... and dare I say, seeing my coworkers. Other than that I'm stressing over planning my sister's bridal shower. I've never thrown any type of shower and it is just not my skill set. I decided to host it at a restaurant to take the pressure off of figuring out food, but now I am worried it won't be bridal showery enough, since I can't hang banners or do any fancy backdrops. 

CS/Q: Nope. Just annoyed that I have long cycles right now (though I shouldn't be complaining next to Gingermama29- sorry!). 

• Sorry about the BFN @kgg2241

The last two showers I have attended were each in a party room of a restaurant and a firehall.  I think they were both pretty permissive with the decor.  They had banners hanging in addition to other decor.  But some ideas you can incorporate that should be totally restaurant-friendly might include:

-Easel with custom Posterboard at entrance to seating area
    -Balloons: tied to certain chairs, easel etc.
    -*Balloon arch: You would need plenty of prior access time to make/set this up day of, and/or a good way to transport it.  I would recommend blowing up all the balloons the night before with a pump, and putting them in garbage bags to transport, and then just wait to set up the arch when you get there.  And have a plan for how to mount/ hang the arch, like a couple of balloon weights for each side.  *I starred this option because it can easily turn into a time suck / PITA, and if you're not up for it, would not be necessary.
    -Favors / tags at each seat
    -Smallish centerpieces to add to tables
    -Streamers / sash for gift table
    -Cake + themed desserts
    -It is possible to get a metal banner stand to place behind the gift table as well, but I'm not sure if that's something you would want to invest in (although they may be semi-cheap on Amazon, not too sure), and then either have for future parties or pass along to whomever in your friend group may be planning the next event.

I would honestly say with a poster board to designate that guests are walking into the shower / party space, and then some low-key stuff on the tables, and a couple balloons, you should be totally fine.  You can absolutely keep it classy and understated, and there is no reason that it has to look like a party store threw up in there, imho. lol Just pick a simple color scheme and stick with it, and a little will go a long way. :)  PM me if you want to share any ideas or pintrest stuff!?  I may or may not really enjoy party / event planning.  o:)
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @BusinessWife Thank you so much! This is so helpful! I found some cute welcome signs on Etsy, so I'll print one of those. I didn't think of that before. I am gonna steer clear of the balloon arch but I'll do a few for her chair 😂. I like that you mentioned the lowkey option but with a few nice details. That makes me feel better about what I have planned lol.
  • @kgg2241 Oh totally! NP!  There are so many cute printables on Etsy.  When SIL threw mine, I think that's what she did, is found a cute design and then used it for the invites, table cards, thank you notes etc. basically anywhere it made sense, and that gave it a really cohesive element that felt so pro! ;)