November 2021 Moms

GTKY - Beach or Camping?

jackie_dunnyjackie_dunny member
edited May 2021 in November 2021 Moms
In the summer, would you rather go to the beach 🏖 or go camping🏕 ?
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: GTKY - Beach or Camping?

• Let me be the first to say, ew neither. 
  • The beach. Is this even a competition??? 😆

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Beach, I absolutely can get lost in finding seaglass and floating on top of the waves with my daughter. We go to the Cape every year with DH family, rent out a house and just try to relax for a week. 
  • I’m the opposite, @doodleoodle! I love both! I don’t think I can choose. If I HAD to choose, I’d go with beach 
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• I love the beach and the woods but I need a cabin and not a tent.  I've roughed it a few times and honestly I just don't enjoy it. I want bonfires and smores and then a nice comfy bed and plumbing. 
  • slizteesliztee member
    Beach beach beeeeach!!!! Now that I’ve been in the Midwest for a year, I can’t stop dreaming about it 😩😂
  • I've never been camping in my life and I don't intend to either 😂 I'll take the beach, though I enjoy a good backyard pool and grill instead
  • Beach > camping, but I'm with @doodleoodle, you'll not find me doing either during the summer. 
  • Beach, for sure. I’d rather have the sun on my face and the wind in my hair... beach smell is like nothing else either. 

Almost every time I’ve gone camping, it’s cold AF, the smoke from the campfire irritates my lungs, and I get sick. 
  • @jenharvey84 that view is gorgeous!
  • Beach but more like the fun little beach towns on the west coast, not like a tropical beach where I have to be hot.
  • slizteesliztee member
    @jenniferjoy37 Wow. I would NOT hate that view 😍🥰
  • I personally enjoy camping on the beach. I live in texas where you can drive RV's on the beach....although we have only ever tent camped on the beach.
  • I camped all during HS and college. I have ZERO desire to ever go camping again. 
  • tmk2021tmk2021 member
    @chartput I was wondering if anyone else would say that! I live in the northwest and camping anywhere, but especially on the beach, is a huge thing. I’ve never done it but it’s on my bucket list when our kids are older and we can afford a camper. I’m not a fan of tent camping in this region of the country, too many bears and mountain lions for my liking 😂

My mom grew up camping on the beach every summer. Those days some of her favorite memories!
  • Beach for sure.  I can’t technically say that I don’t like camping because I’ve never done it - but I’m quite certain it isn’t something that I’d enjoy.  But I do love spending the day at the beach! 
  • I'm from Oregon so forests on the coast are my favorite. Despite being VERY outdoorsy I do not love camping. But if I could just live in a cabin in the woods chopping wood and reading under heavy wool blankets I would do it in a second. Why I live in Texas now remains a mystery 😄
  • slizteesliztee member
    Marz1pan said:
    I'm from Oregon so forests on the coast are my favorite. Despite being VERY outdoorsy I do not love camping. But if I could just live in a cabin in the woods chopping wood and reading under heavy wool blankets I would do it in a second. Why I live in Texas now remains a mystery 😄
    That does sound like an absolute dream 🥰
  • Ok maybe I'll be the only one but camping for me!! I'll skip the beach every time, but I'm a ginger kid so beaches are not in my blood. Grew up doing the annual family float trips where we take over a campground and have 30 canoes going down the river so that's just what makes me happy 😊

Though I will say, I do love the PNW beach look!
  • @gingerale87 I’m strawberry blonde, so I hear ya on the “beaches aren’t in my blood” thing. But I still go, I just wear a TON of sunscreen. Hahaha. And pray that I tan just a little. Hahaha!