December 2021 Moms

Weekly randoms 5/24

My partner's family gave my youngest daughter a betta fish for her birthday this weekend but the catch is we are three hours from our home visiting his folks. How do I get this thing home in a car?  :D

Re: Weekly randoms 5/24

• @bkjade that's pretty funny!  Is it in a case thing with a plant? It might fit in the cupholder if so. 
  • @bkjade - To - go cup!! Get one from a local gas station & poke a couple extra holes in the lid & keep it in the cup holder. Little fishy will make it home just fine! :smile:

My random for the week... Something hit me today that this baby will be here in approximately 6 months or less and for whatever reason I'm freaking out over having my registry complete. 
  • Loading the player...
  • *Lurking*
    @bkjade my sister gave my daughter one for her 2nd birthday. I was not pleased but “bob-bob” became part of the family and lasted until she was 5. @mommaduck2490 ’s suggestion is perfect. They don’t mind tight spaces.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @mommaduck2490 ‘s idea sounds perfec! 
  • Curious about when you all will tell your jobs? 
  • @eggsbene42 first pregnant I told at 12 weeks, second at 11 weeks, and this one I’m putting it off until hopefully 14. I’m so nervous this time because I think it’ll come as a big surprise to them. I know they’ll all be happy for me, but also stressed because we’ve been so busy and it’s hard when we’re missing a person. 
  • @eggsbene42 my first pregnancy, I told my job at 20 weeks. This one, I'm already showing and will tell them in the next week or 2.
  • @eggsbene42 I told my work at 12 weeks my first pregnancy. I'll probably do 13/14 weeks just because I have a call with my CEO once a month and that makes it easier lol.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @eggsbene42 I was holding off for my first appointment which was yesterday. But now my boss is on vacation so I won’t see him till Friday. I did end up showing my coworker my souvenir (u/s photos) as she was curious why DH was accompanying me to my apt. 
    I live in a super small town where everyone knows everyone and I figure I’d rather them hear it from me than someone else. 
    Also, with DD2 I hadn’t even told my parents yet and someone came up and asked me if I was expecting 🤦🏼‍♀️. I tried to lie and say no, but I am a terrible liar 😆. 

@bkjade what a fun gift for your daughter! I hope it makes the ride home okay! 
  • @savedbygrace1213 small town over here too! It makes me super nervous someone will find out before I want them to, but I’m also just really wanting to take my time telling people since this is probably the last baby for us!
  • @midwestmomma2 yes! I for some reason am not ready for everyone to know this time, but I’ve now let my extended family know and I feel like it’s just a waiting game now for the rest of the town to know. Lol
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade yay fish!! That’s awesome! What kind of business are you opening? That sounds exciting! 
  • @bkjade Glad Flippy is home!

@mommaduck2490 Totally get that! I was the same way when we got ours lol.

How are your OBs handling bringing your partner? My OB told me that they are only allowing the patient a month ago but a lot of things are getting lifted. 
    TW
  • I got my carrier screening, NIPS, and A1C labs done today and y’all…I passed TF out! She took seven vials of blood. I don’t usually have an issue with needles, but today was not my day.
  • @brookert615 one adult or one child is allowed, but partners have to wait in the car until the patient is called back.
  • @eggsbene42 That is crazy! So sorry to hear you passed out. How are you feeling now? 
    TW
  • @eggsbene42 That is crazy! So sorry to hear you passed out. How are you feeling now? 
    I’m good now, just rather embarrassed, but it happens. Thanks for asking!
  • @brookert615 - my OB office allows 1 adult to accompany me to appointments. Only I need my husband to watch our two boys so it's just been me anyway. 

@eggsbene42 oh man, nothing like adding some excitement to your appointment. I'm glad you're feeling better!  

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @eggsbene42 oh noooo! I feel your pain though, I almost passed out after the glucose tolerance test (very unexpectedly) with DD and I was alone and had no one with me. Everything went black, I broke out in a cold sweat, and they wheeled me in the back. They wouldn’t let me leave until my husband came to get me 🙈
  • @brookert615 my OB only allows partners for the first appointment and the 20 week ultrasound. With things getting better around here I’m hoping they’ll change policy! I believe my MFM allows partners for all appointments.
  • @eggsbene42 OH NO!! I hope you're feeling better now! Lots of rest, water, & food!!

@brookert615 Similar to what others have said, 1 guest is allowed but must wait outside until patient is called back. The clinic I go to is very small so it's easy to just wave from the door. I'm also permitted to wait outside with him if I want. 
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @brookert615 same as a lot of others, my ob allows one other adult. Like @mockingjay1 tho, my partner stats home so we don’t have to hire a babysitter. 

@eggsbene42 - oh no!  hope you had a restful afternoon afterwards! 
  • Good question! I told my close teammates today. I may tell my administrators this week or just wait until we find out the gender.
  • edited May 2021
    We will be announcing to my family this weekend at my niece's birthday party.  We announced to hubby's family last weekend.   I'll announce to friends shortly after.  One of my bfs from Hs just announced today! I'll make a public FB post around 14 or 15 weeks. 

Update fron my appointment today: HB looks good.  All seems fine.  No apparent reason for spotting.  I just need to continue to take it easy.  And pelvic rest. 

Eta:  anyone have a visible bump yet?  I definitely don't because I'm 100lb overweight but my hubby asked me a few days ago if I was showing already and I was slightly offended because it was just fat and extra bloat lol.   But I did start taking "bump" pics today.  Last time I started at 5 weeks so I feel so behind. 
  • PYLWhammyPYLWhammy member
    edited May 2021
    @scaredunprepared I think I might be getting a little bump, but I'm overweight to begin with so it's hard to say. My mom is visiting - she's been here for a little over a week and she sweeeeeeears I've started showing just in that time. No mom, if I'm getting bigger it's because you keep baking stuff and cooking huge dinners!
  • @scaredunprepared - overweight here too, hard to say here. Some days I feel like I look 6 months pg already, others days it’s definitely just blub.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @scaredunprepared I think I am starting to show a little bit. This is my second pregnancy, and the last couple of weeks I’ve noticed a difference. I’m 12+3 currently! I didn’t show really until 20-22 weeks last time! 
  • @scaredunprepared I definitely have a bump and I'm already wearing maternity shorts. I had to tell my coworkers this past Friday just because it was so obvious. I'm 13w4d so a little farther then some people here so that may be why. Plus STM and I'm tall. Last time I don't think I had a bump until 17 or 18 weeks. I didn't announce until 20 weeks my first pregnancy (PGAL).

• @kaitcrystalline @rgn12 @eggsbene42 @PYLWhammy my sister just told me I already look like I'm showing, too.  I guess it's more obvious than I thought?  STM and I'm short with basically no torso so I guess the bump is already taking over.

Also, my daughter landed on my bump full force with her knees this morning.   Someone please reassure me that baby is ok because naturally I'm freaking out about it.
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @rgn12 - we own a club here in brooklyn. We have been open since 2016 but have been shuttered for over a year due to COVID restrictions on bars and restaurants. The restrictions are finally lifting tho so we get to re-open soon, it’s just almost like starting from scratch again 😅 hiring/vendors/booking djs/inventory blah blah. 
  • @brookert615 I go through UPMC and their policy is one adult support person, but no children. I just moved to Pitt a month ago, and will see a midwife from my old practice at her Cranberry Location, but it’s such a hike. What hospital did you deliver your daughter in? I think I will be delivering at Magee and I don’t know how to feel.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade that is awesome! Are you all excited about opening back up? 
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @rgn12 yes! i have a lot of feelings about it since i don't want to return to the pre-covid routine of letting work run our lives, but on the whole I am excited and relieved.
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade yay, that’s awesome! Maybe a happy medium since you’ve experienced both! ☺️
  • @scaredunprepared I'm sure babe is okay. I remember I slipped on the ice when I was pregnant with my son and fell into the railing. I was freaking out and called my midwife. She reassured me the babe was so small and well protected it was fine and I was in my second trimester. If your still nervous though, I would just call your midwife or doctor to see their thoughts. 

@bkjade that's so awesome that you own a club! I don't even feel cool enough to know someone who owns a club lol. Happy to hear you get to open soon! 
  • @threes_companypu Cranberry is quite the hike! I delivered at St. Clair and they were amazing even though I had a bit of a traumatic birth due to heart deceleration at a prenatal visit. I see Zubritsky and Christy and they have a handful of offices that are local. Have you seen anyone yet?
    TW