@madiirosee aww very sweet pictures 🥰
  • @vampirina plastic cheese sauce is where it’s at! 🤣
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Has anybody moved houses right after having a baby? 
    Hubby threw out an idea of getting our bigger long term home after I have the baby and before I return to work. I get three months off. 
    I told him it sounded awful honestly. 🤣 
    Love the idea of a bigger home but it sounds super stressful. Especially being a first time mom. 
  • @madiirosee We moved when DS was about 4 months old, and although it was the best thing for our family, it was terrible for a few weeks. I was EBF, so I couldn't leave DS for more than a few hours, but it was hard to accomplish anything with DS around. DH basically had to do the entire move by himself. If we were to do it again and had a timing choice, I would either aim for before the baby comes or closer to the baby's first birthday. 
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @madiirosee We bought our house when our first kid was 3 months old (Maryland to Texas) and it was fine! With our third, we moved countries when I was 36 weeks 😂😅 it really wasn't too bad either, my nesting mode helped a lot and we hired movers. Start the process now and see if anything feels right...maybe you could find a place before you have baby. I say go for it...better when they're young and sleep a lot if you need to lug them around to viewings/closings than rambunctious toddlers 😅
  • gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited May 2021
    @cait32 we moved from temporary condo back into our house when DS was 6 months (everything had been moved out and put in storage then returned). There was still renovations going on as we moved in that continued for about a month. The first two weeks or so, I was waiting to start a new job so it wasn't that bad. My mom cam over to help watch and unpack. But then soon after that COVID lockdown happened so we had much more free time to unpack and get house set up.

@cait32 yes! I don't have them in the freezer for that long afterwards though so they're still a bit soft but not messy. The other night DH just made it an open face sandwich haha, so cherry poptart with a layer of chocolate ice cream...and now I want another  :D
  • @gingermama46 OMG, sounds so good 🤤
  • @madiirosee well we haven’t moved before with a kid but I’ve been quiet here because SO got a new awesome job in Rhode Island sooo we will be definitely be moving before this babe is born. My goal is to move by August at the latest. I’m definitely stressed BUT knowing we will have two babes and can get a house that will adjust to our needs of a family is super exciting. 
  • Wow so many randoms, also I’ve been the worst and dropped off this app for the last two weeks so I’m trying to catch up.

SO got a new job in Rhode Island. We currently live in NH so we will be moving hopefully by August so we can all be settled before baby comes and we can get DS settled into daycare or preschool. 

My current job is remote due to the pandemic so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep this job with the move. I’m hoping I can stay through my maternity leave into the spring next year (I don’t think we will be back in office until the spring). But the idea of possibly having to resign before my leave is stressful AF. SO and I talked about considering and planning for me to maybe be a SAHM since we will have two babes and childcare is much more expensive down there. We also each have our own small businesses (we roast and sell coffee beans and I have a customization gift and decor gig) so maybe if I do have to resign I’ll just focus on growing those on the side for extra money. Lots and lots of things up in the air.

SO starts in 3 weeks and has the next 2 weeks off so between him starting and when we move he will be down there during the week and home on the weekends so adjusting to that and taking on house and childcare responsibilities myself is going to be tough but it’s short term. I’m hoping to convince him that a house cleaner would be nice in the interim. 

Okay that’s all my randos for now (and breathe and not stress and eat icecream)

• I was just asked by a stranger when I was due! I must be looking visibly pregnant 🥰
  • @galentine Must be a Midwest thing. I cannot imagine that happening here in the Mid-Atlantic. We're not urban-unfriendly, but I don't think even my friends or neighbors would just say that straight out of the blue, lol. 😆
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    Am I the only one who isn’t a fan of pop tarts? Don’t get me wrong, if I’m hungry enough.. I’ll eat them. But I’m more of a toaster strudel kind of girl. If those are even in the same category 🤔

also... I’m not sure where else to post this so I’ll do it here... I am entirely freaked out about how large my stomach is already. I am a STM so I know you show earlier and what not but when I tell people I’m only 17 weeks they’re kind of shocked. As am I. Please lord don’t let this baby be 12lbs 52864 oz 😭
  • @k_rn21 I feel the same. STM, 17+3 and last night, I looked like what I did at 22 weeks with my daughter. I can feel the top of my uterus and it’s a bit higher than average, just below my belly button. I feel like all my organs are being squished up differently this time!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @madiirosee loveeeee my uppa baby vista you won’t regret that purchase 
  • mia8263mia8263 member
    @k_rn21 I only eat poptarts when I’m pregnant it’s odd but I enjoy toaster strudels too. And I feel like I’m enormous already. It’s my 4th and my babies are huge so I’m so panicked. I’m 19 weeks I keep saying to my belly ‘please don’t be as big as your brothers’
  • k_rn21k_rn21 member
    @madiirosee @bcliffee1 what’s an uppa baby vista?
  • @k_rn21 it’s a brand and model of stroller! Quite spendy but worth every penny in my opinion because of how long you can use it and how easy it is to assemble/disassemble!