January 2022 Moms

Re: FFFC 5/21

• DS will be at his grandmother's tomorrow and DH will be at work for the weekend. A WEEKEND ALONE! And I fully intend to not do sh*t 😇
  • @firewife2021 Living the dream! I wish we could leave our kids with their grandparents for a night or two. My in-laws live 4 hours away, and then my mom has a major health issue and my dad is her caregiver, so adding two little kids to that workload is probably too much for him, at least until the kids calm down a bit. 

My FFFC: We have a Ring sensor on my 4 year old's bedroom door, so we get an alert when he opens it in the morning. Right when he opened it today at 6am, I ran straight for the bathroom, locked the door, jumped in the shower, and made DH deal with him  :D 
  • Loading the player...
  • The “parenting experts” with one child who lecture on and on about how terrible electronics are for y our kid because you should constantly be interacting with them for brain development  make me roll my eyes so hard. I mean I don’t care if you’ve made that choice for your kids. But don’t go all holier than thou and preachy. 

• @Lisa3379 Grandparents that live close by have pros and cons. Can be overbearing at times too. Lol. 

That is the best FFFC I've heard. I probably would have done the same. You deserved the hot shower! Also the ring on the door is super smart. 
  • @firewife2021 That's a good point, haha. I lucked out, though - my in-laws are incredible. They have been incredibly helpful ever since my first was born, and they aren't overbearing in the least. Same with my folks. I'll stop bragging now  :#

@MrsJessS I completely agree. To each their own! Plus, I think it depends on what you're having them do on the iPad or whatever. Case in point: when I was homeschooling during the pandemic, we did a lesson on NYC. I started talking about the Statue of Liberty, and he gives me a look, and says "the real name of the Statue of Liberty is Liberty Enlightening the World." Seems like my kid's brain has had some decent development from ABC Mouse, thank you very much  B) Plus, you need a few moments to make dinner. If some screen time ensures that everyone eats, I'd call that a win. 
  • @Lisa3379 right? My son has learned so much from Octonauts it’s insane. And this girl was even talking about toys that light up and make noise being so awful for development 🙄 Also I love your confession. I would totally do that 😂😂😂

@firewife2021 a weekend doing nothing sounds phenomenal. 
  • Ugh mine is I’m going away for a girls weekend that was planned before I knew about this pregnancy. And now that I can’t booze it up with everyone, I’m not as excited to go. The girls all know because I couldn’t fake a UTI or something all weekend plus I’m bloated and look 4 months pregnant anyways.
    Ugh and I’m feeling a little guilty and feel like I should stay with the kids. And then my anxiety creeps in and I’m like OMG what if I get in a car accident and never see my kids again. (I am a freak I know my anxiety is ridiculous) I promise I’m not a stick in the mud. Once I get there I’ll be fine and the life of the party even if I can’t drink lol but that’s my confession for the day!
  • My confession - I don't feel well and so my kids are all in individual breakout rooms on Zoom either working on their social studies projects or playing a farming game about sustainability.  Meanwhile, I'm chilling in a breakout room by myself and scrolling. 9.MORE.DAYS.
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @magalina_h teacher struggle! 9 more days?! My sons are out of school as of yesterday, my bonus children get out mid June and teachers are out the following week....I can’t make it.
  • @laurabridget I used to have severe anxiety lmao. But over completely unethical things. Exactly like going on a road trip and never seeing my child again. Also mixed in with a little bit of hypochondrism. One headache and Id be on Google researching every possible wrong thing it could be. Luckily my hubs is a firefighter / paramedic so the anxiety and chronic illness fear has subsided after listening to some of his stories lol.
  • My DD had a stomach virus , im pretty sure DH has it, i have been nauseated since last night and im not sure if i have the virus or just morning sickness- im thinking morning sickness because i feel better when i eat. Also it’s beautiful outside and we have done nothing but watch TV since Friday- i feel guilty