Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Weekend 5/22-23

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TWW Weekend 5/22-23

• Happy weekend everyone! I guess folks must be out enjoying their Saturday with how quiet it is round these parts.😄

Month/Cycle: 36/—

CD/DPO: 14/1

Timing: IUI on O day. Otherwise we were benched & didn’t do anything 

Typical LP length: 13ish

Testing: IDK, going to try to wait till betas 

R/R: Rant: Woke up w a killer headache, so should probably stay home today  Rave: It’s a stunning day outside so I want to go to the beach even though I can’t swim after yesterday’s procedure. Decisions decisions! 

CS/Q: N/A Just waiting for a couple more days to get crosshairs 

• kgg2241kgg2241 member

@keikilove Some me fresh air might be good for the headache though! I think you should try to get to the beach if you are feeling a little better! I read your update on the IF thread. Fx! It sounds like you had great timing. 

-

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 28/11

Timing: great

Typical LP length: 15 days

Testing: BFN

R/R: I made German pancakes for breakfast this morning and then we set up our new patio table. Now I'm just waking up from a nap! I'd call it a good Saturday so far. 

Rant (rave sorta too?): I talked to my RE yesterday and he is good to have me start ultrasound monitoring again and then add back in the trigger shot, but they can't start until July. They have me on the cancellation list but who knows if the timing will work for the next cycle. I also started taking myoinositol again and will probably start taking CoQ10. Feels good to take action and start moving forward ❤️. 

CS/Q: nope

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 26/8

Timing: decent, maybe -3, -1

Typical LP length: 14-16

Testing: yeah, like a moron this morning, BFN 🙄

R/R: My POAS insanity is really annoying. I did get my Proov tests in the mail today and the timing is good for using that test tomorrow (to confirm ovulation). I need to read the instructions but I think you’re supposed to test 7-10 dpo and I’ll only be able to test 9-10 dpo but hopefully it’s still helpful information. And maybe having something else to pee on will help me not test again until later this week. 

CS/Q: nah. Anybody else use the Proov tests? 

@kgg2241 mmmm, German pancakes! 

@keikilove I’m so jealous of your proximity to the beach! The “beach” for us is a lake beach about a mile from home. It’s lovely but it’s not the ocean! 

• @rachelredhead @acleverusername has used Proov.
  • @kgg2241 Your Saturday sounds amazing so far! Perfect mix of productivity and relaxation. AFM, I went out into the yard for awhile and that felt like enough sun. I’m gonna stay home and nurse this headache, then maybe head out before sunset for a dose of nature. 

@rachelredhead Ooooh, I hope the Proov tests help keep you from prematurely testing too many more HPTs. I’m curious about the Proov strips since @acleverusername has mentioned them quite a few times and really likes them. Please let us know if you find the info useful once you try them out.  
    (I’m the same way as you—a serial HPT tester. But lately the charm is finally wearing off and I’m gonna try to chill out this cycle.) 
  • @keikilove no swimming?? Boo. Sometimes dipping your feet in is good enough

@kgg2241 what are German pancakes??

@rachelredhead more sticks to pee on woo! Lol

Month/Cycle: 6 AL

CD/DPO: 27/12

Timing: not good enough

Typical LP length: 13, sometimes 14 days

Testing: at this point I'm just testing to waste my Wondfos. I'm not much of a serial tester so I may as well just always test starting 10dpo with a FRER

R/R: I'm not ready for summer! It was hot today. It's freezing in our basement though. Like my toes were popsicles while I was working on my puzzle freezing. Spotting has appeared today so boo. AF definitely on the horizon with my BBT continuing to drop. Oh well

CS/Q:
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 Sorry about the spotting & impending AF. Your charts are so freaking gorgeous that one of them has to be telling the truth soon! Which puzzle are you working on in your freezing basement?
     And yeah, no swimming after IUI for 3 days, I think. Or maybe it’s 5? I had a bit of pink when I wiped all day today so I’m sure toe-dipping is the safest bet. Not sure if the IUI or the new meds irritated my ute. 
  • @keikilove currently working on a 1000 piece my brother randomly gifted me. I have 5 more 1000 piece Iceland related puzzles that DH gifted for my birthday 😂 I've got lots to work on
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I literally just laughed out loud at the thought of you and the thousands of puzzle pieces!!! I think I’d give up before finishing the first one. That is a lot of work indeed. 
  • edited May 2021
    @rachelredhead I've been summoned so here I am!!! (Thanks @keikilove @BusinessWife) yeah, so I think I "introduced" Proov tests to this forum back when I first joined in June 2020. I've used them for many cycles. Testing 9 & 10 DPO is still very useful. What you're looking for is NO 2nd line (WHY they would do that, I don't know; like every other test is all about that 2nd line). If you do end up seeing a 2nd line, even a squinter, it might mean you have low progesterone. Now, keep in mind that the test is only FDA approved to "confirm ovulation"; and that happens when you compare you 7-10DPO tests, with your baseline test (which you'd normally do right after your period finishes); if the tests 7-10DPO are much lighter than baseline, then you've ovulated. But, LOADS of ppl use it informally to check their progesterone levels. If nothing else, it can help you have a conversation with your OB about checking your progesterone via blood test 7DPO (aka Day 21 test). Oh, and the Proov Facebook Group is pretty helpful, but be forewarned that it has TONS of TW in the form of +ve HPT tests. Hope this helps! Also, LOL at peeing on something else keeping you from peeing on HPT strips. 🤣

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @inthewoods23 they are fluffy eggy pancakes.  We top them with fruit, powdered sugar, and a little bit of syrup. They are super easy too, you should try them! If you Google it there are tons of recipes out there, but they are all basically the same. 6 eggs, 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, and vanilla extract. 

I'm ready for summer but I hate how everyone blasts the A/C so high. I shouldn't need a coat to go into the store. And I'm sorry about the spotting and AF on her way 😞.

@rachelredhead let us know how Proov worms out! I've been curious. 

@keikilove I hope your head is feeling better! 
  • @kgg2241 oh my Lord, SIX eggs?? Wow! I just experienced exactly what you described. We haven't turned our A/C on so it's 78 on the main floor. I thought about grabbing a hoodie for when I went grocery shopping but thought "nah I won't be in there for too long". Guess who was freezing with goosebumps all over their arms the entire time? 🙄 Me! It's the same in the office too. People think I'm weird for drinking hot chocolate in the middle of the summer but I'm always cold. Even with a thick cardigan.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause