Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO FRIDAY 5/21

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: WTO FRIDAY 5/21

• daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited May 2021

Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD: 35

WAYDTGKU: BBT OPK and stuff

R/R: Im a little down today i just found out another friend from high school died. I mean we’ve not really kept in contact but we were friends back then it is still just sad. Oh and I kept getting very mild, little hot flashes last night. I like to pretend it’s because I ovulated 💁🏼‍♀️

CS/Q: Maybe I ovulated? I’d have liked to see my temp increase again today but at least I didn’t dip again. Hopefully it’ll rise more tomorrow. I slept AWFUL last night our house was freezing. On second thought I don’t think I did O... I don’t know thoughts are always appreciated 

• awelloawello member
    @daisy0322 I know I don't know you at all, but I'm so sorry to hear about your friend from high school. Any loss is hard, I think, no matter how well you knew them. I don't have any thoughts on your chart, but definitely wishing you the best.

Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Charting/BBT, PNV, starting OPK this cycle

R/R: So glad it's Friday, yay. Still a little worried (having an anxiety disorder, I worry about everything) because my OBGYN scheduled me for an ultrasound next month for what she thinks may either be fibroids or an enlarged uterus. She also said it may be totally nothing. Either way, she said it's nothing to worry about, yet it's been on the back of my mind.

CS/Q: Is there a particular brand of OPKs that is recommended/liked/whatever? I used Pregmate in the past, and this time I ordered some brand called MomMed, but just curious! 

• Loading the player...
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited May 2021
    @daisy0322 first of all, I’m really sorry about your friend :( second of all, I’m terrible at reading charts but I don’t see a clear ovulation yet. 

@awello I don’t necessarily love them but I get the easy@home OPKs and then use the Premom app to interpret them for me. I’ve used the clearblue digital ones in the past (the one that has low, high, and peak symbols) and really like it, but it’s pricey compared to getting like 50 strips for $20 or whatever it is
  • @awello than you. I’m i use the rash at home brand because I like the app and my peak on the CB would be every other day lol. 

@b_1029 thanks, yeah i don’t really see an ovulation either that .6 jump looked promising at first but I’ll see better tomorrow i think. My OPK will be interesting today. 
  • @awello I used the Wondfo brand OPKs for a period of time but after trying the Pregmate brand they are my absolute favorite. The sticks are nice and wide. I can't stand dip sticks that are as wide as 2 toothpicks like the Wondfos.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @daisy0322 so sorry to hear about your friend <3 even if you've been out of touch for a while it's not easy news to hear. As for the chart, I don't see anything either that would definitely say it one way or the other, unfortunately that means more of the waiting game :(

@awello totally understand those anxious feelings. FX that everything goes smoothly for the ultrasound! For OPKs I feel like you definitely have to try a few to see what works for you. the Pregmate ones are not for me - for some reason they don't pick up my surge very well. My favorite for cheapies are the easy@home.

Month/Cycle: 13/12

CD: 4

WAYDTGKU: tracking

R/R: Very happy it's Friday! Today I'm sending all of our paperwork to the RE so that we can be bumped up on their waitlist in case they have a cancellation. I've been super productive at work this week so that means I can focus on the important things this weekend like my dissertation! Except I'm distracted by the audiobook I'm currently listening to and love so much that I also borrowed the ebook.. oops! :)

CS/Q: