November 2021 Moms

FTM Check-in 5/19

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms?

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? 
Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: FTM Check-in 5/19

• How far along are you? 12+4

Any new symptoms? Apparently RLP? and my lower legs/ankles hurt at night. My sister gave me this expensive cream she used during her pregnancy and it works some.

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Not until June 3rd

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? Ready to have a real bump and feel the baby move. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? As above, when did everyone feel their baby move? FTM if you are further along or any STM with your first? 

GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Skinny and jeans and side parts, but lets be real Im not giving those up lol.
  • @chartput idc what gen z says. Not everyone looks good with a middle part (I have a cowlick so I can’t anyway) and I think their jeans look ridiculous and they’ll look back like oh god 🤦🏻‍♀️ the way I do when I think about the girls who used to wear jeans under their skirts 

How far along are you? 15+4

Any new symptoms? Nothing new really. I was really dizzy and weak the other day to the point I couldn’t hold myself up and I thought it was pregnancy related but now DH has the same thing so I’m thinking it was part of the cold I’m getting over. So no actual symptoms for me then besides pregnancy brain 

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? May 27th 

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? Excited to finally tell our friends this weekend! 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Similar to chartput’s question but when did everyone “pop” during their pregnancy?

GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? I’m not sure if this is a 90s fad/trend or just a thing for kids but I really love wearing my hair in pigtails and I want it to be more acceptable for adults. I still wear it like that every now and then but I wish it was more common 
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Loading the player...
  • mayoduckmayoduck member
    edited May 2021
    @chartput I don't remember when exactly I felt the baby move as a FTM but I want to say about 18 weeks? I remember it being pretty early considering I was a FTM and also had an anterior placenta, meaning the placenta was between the baby and my belly, which can make it more difficult to feel the baby move. This time around, I think I felt the baby move last week (~14 weeks), though since then I haven't really noticed it so now I feel less certain.
  • gingerale87gingerale87 member
    edited May 2021
    How far along are you? 13

Any new symptoms? Nope, still tired. Heartburn is starting to decrease though so big win!!

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go?  I had an appt on Monday, went well.  We got the results of our Panorama and are considered low-risk.  Next visit in about 5 weeks.

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy?  My new facination is how to make sure baby is warm in the winter.  Like, they can't tell you and obviously you don't want to overheat but it seems kind of tricky.

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  Has anyone had a difficult conversation with family (grandparents) about boostering vaccines? I think my mom is going to fight me on the flu vaccine, maybe even whooping cough, but I live in a higher anti-vax area so obviously would prefer as little exposure as possible.  Anyone have tips for navigating those conversations? I know its early but figure it will give them plenty of time to do their research and come to terms with what I am asking.

GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back?  Honestly, so many of them are coming back and it took me so long to embrace skinny jeans from flares that by the time I did now they are out, lol.  So all the fashion trends that make me cringe, Gen Z loves and will return repeatedly.  Bring back the 70s flare!! But I would love to see a return of MySpace, or something similar... hear me out but it was so much better than Facebook.  You could customize your page, add music that automatically played, rank your friends and if you didn't want to see your dumb cousin's photos then you didn't go to her page.  None of this extra work in blocking people or pages.  FB is just a plain white news feed of other people's opinions.  I want to see how you sum up your life based on what glittered background and theme song you pick.  MySpace was full of teen angst and I loved it!  Edited to add- I'm an outsider with this opinion, I quit social media in 2017 so I honestly am not even sure what FB has morphed into... or even what Insta actually is. Not sure I really care though 😕

TL:DR  Tips for talking with anti-vax fam about getting boosters? MySpace is better than FB, lol
  • How far along are you? Turns out babes is measuring a lil' bigger so I'm actually due a few days earlier than I thought although I've heard babes never come on time! 14+1

Any new symptoms? Headaches and backache! Wtf! This is no fun!

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? I had to go in urgently yesterday as I was had some bleeding but it seems all is okay - phew. I think it was bowel related - sorry if TMI!

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? Still worrying about birth, not actually bought anything for the baby either, worrying about being unprepared!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back? Oh this is a good one. Hmmm... Definitely not low rise jeans. Nobody needs to see my bum. I miss a good old fashioned chat room circa AOL days. I also miss the excitement of going "online" as a treat rather than it always being there (says the girl who works for an internet company and being online pays her salary LOL)
  • @chartput with my first I think I felt flutters by about 16 ish weeks, but they were so light I wasn't really sure. By 18 though I was more confident they were actually baby.

@gingerale87 We have a lot of anti-vax family on both sides and just decided our best plan of action was to set a blanket boundary and stick with it as a united front.  "If you want to see the baby you must be up to date on your vaccines, especially whooping cough" and since it was flu season when DS was born we made everyone he would see regularly get the flu shot too. Most didn't care,  a few were grumpy, but all did it because they wanted to see him.  It also set a good precedent with all the family that we were not messing around when it came to our kid, so people kept their opinions to themselves lol it was a win win 🤣
  • @jenharvey84 have you looked into hypnobirthing? I’ve just started reading some books on it and it’s already made me feel so much better! It’s not as hippie-dippie as it sounds, it’s actually more science and logic focused (not that there’s anything wrong with hippie-dippie ✌🏻☮️ )
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• cd1122cd1122 member
    How far along are you? 13+4

Any new symptoms? Extreme exhaustion usually around 2 or 3pm I'm stuck in bed for a few hours. But morning sickness seems to be gone!

Any appointments recently or coming up? How did it go? Next one is June 2nd.

What are you most looking forward to/most nervous about with this pregnancy? I'm waiting for that baby bump. Right now I just feel bloated 😞

Questions for FTM, or STM+? How to have tough conversations with families? I will be having a strict no perfume or fragrance policy when holding the baby. Trying to figure out the best way to broach that with family members. (Ps some of these vaccine conversations giving me ideas)

GTKY: What fad or trend do you hope comes back?  I'm keeping my skinny jeans and side part so I'm good for now 😉
  • @chartput with my 1st I didnt feel her on the outside until 19+1. I had had my anatomy scan the day before and they asked if I felt her yet and said no. Side note - soooo weird watching baby dance on screen yet feel nothing (it was my first ultrasound). The next day I was lying on the couch with my iPad propped on my belly when it jumped! At first I thought a hiccuped or something but then it happened again. The first kicks are the best.... actually all movement is pretty cool :)
  • @jackie_dunny good tip. A few people have mentioned this to me, so I've just popped into Amazon to get some books. I'll let you know how I get on with it!