December 2021 Moms

Weekly check-in 5/17

How far along are you?:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year?

Re: Weekly check-in 5/17

• Loading the player...
  • bkjadebkjade member
    Yay memories @savedbygrace1213! Despite being such a difficult year in many ways I think we made so many good memories too  <3
  • @bkjade Enjoy that spa day!!! Camping at the beach sounds so nice, glad you had fun! It's a bummer with all the stuff we can't have! I do the Unisom/b6 combo and it helps take the edge off. Sorry that your insurance isn't covering Diclegis!

@savedbygrace1213 That's so cool about the concert and her doing so well! 

How far along are you?: 9 weeks!

Upcoming appointments: June 7th... aka forever away!

How are you feeling?: Nauseated, exhausted, dizzy, uncomfortable lol. It's all worth it, though!

Rants/Raves: Nope!

Questions: Nope!

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year? Learning to pause in the chaos. Spending quality time with loved ones. Keeping a tight budget (hopefully).

TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @mmyeackle Two things caught my eye to reply... first, the boobs. I relate so hard. They've hurt almost this entire time. Sleeping with a tighter bra has seemed to help. I wear an underwire that's probably a size too small at this point, but all the support has really helped keep them in place, thus less hurting.

Second, fellow ADHD momma. It's been hell, if I'm being honest. I also work full time so it's been a challenge trying to maintain my everyday tasks. I set a lot of audible reminders that go off throughout the day and have a trusted coworker who's graciously taken on helping me stay accountable. Outside of that, I added magnesium & vitamin d to my daily regimen. I can't say it's really helped with the focus, but the magnesium has helped me sleep. I've noticed the morning is my most productive time so I've stacked critical tasks first thing in the morning. I stick to my morning routine, even on the weekends, and that has also helped. Give yourself lots & lots of grace. You've got this and before you know it, all will be right in the world again. It was hard for me to open up to others about what's been going on, but I found having the support has been super helpful. I settle my anxiety with control and for me that means cleaning and organizing. I'll get up in the middle of the day & vacuum just because I know it's something I can control and that seems to settle me. I'm not sure if you'll find it helpful, but maybe worth a shot? It's also just nice to chat with someone, so feel free to reach out! 
  • How far along are you?: 8w 6d according to u/s or 9w 2d according to ovulation. 

Upcoming appointments: I have another u/s Wednesday, so we'll see what baby measures. I'm hoping it's closer to my ovulation date (I know it's only 3 days off, but still - the further from Christmas the better haha)

How are you feeling?: The last few days not so great. My two year old shared his cold with me plus the nausea has been worse. After the losses I'll take it but still. The irritability has actually been the worst. Especially with two rowdy little boys to take care of. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - I found baby consistently on the doppler on Saturday. One of the best sounds ever. Rant - I have been on edge ALL DAY. My mom got her pet scan and biopsy results today (she has a large tumor in her lung) and they still haven't called me with what they found out. It's making me nervous for the worst. 

Questions:

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year? This is a hard one for me and maybe because my brain is half functioning at the moment. I think really valuing time with those closest to us (family and good friends) and prioritizing time with them. With everything going on with my mom it's making me want to make all the memories with people we care about. 

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• How far along are you?: 11 weeks tomorrow!

Upcoming appointments: Not until June 1st.

How are you feeling?: Still so so tired. I'm so over it. I have zero energy to do ANYTHING. The house is a disaster, laundry is going to take me a full day to catch up, if not two, even making supper is a joke. It's either something I can throw in the oven or everyone fends for themselves. 😫 My allergies are also like a 10/10 so my head feels like it's going to burst at any second and I get light headed when I stand up. I just want to feel normal again! 😭

Rants/Raves: We held a benefit for my Mom on Saturday and I'm proud to say I made it through and so glad to be done with it!

Questions:

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year Already missing time with just the 4 of us. The summers get so crazy. Hoping to somehow squeeze in some time to get out on the lake here in the next week or two. 🤞

• How far along are you?:11 weeks and 2 days on the nose! Almost there!

Upcoming appointments: I have my first OB appt on Thurs and MFM scheduled for next tues (just to consult/chat about road map to try to avoid pre-e this time or catch it super early!). The OB is completely new to me but she's the wife of my MFM (who I know from my daughter's birth since he was the MFM my OB called into the hospital consult). 

How are you feeling?:SO SO SO TIRED. SO TIRED. This AM I just have that groggy feeling and I want to just lay on the couch and nap. Other than that, I feel pretty good. I tried my home doppler last night and was able to find baby girl's HB so I'm feeling a bit more at ease with feeling so...OK. 

Rants/Raves: DD is starting summer camp next month! It's just 2 days a week but I know she'll love being with the other kids and having fun activities. I'm struggling to keep up with her right now, particularly since she always wants me to play dolls or dollhouse with her (90 percent of the time I'm happy to play along but I just can't do it ALL DAY). We also are having an issue with bedtime which I think is from anxiety with DH returning to office work and not being at home during the week.

Questions: STM -- Any tips for navigating bedtime for a 3 yr old? It's taking about an hour to put her to sleep (and lots of tears and arguments and pouting) and I don't know what I can do differently. I warn her about 25 min before time to start bedtime routine; we do the same routine every night that she was always comfortable with before (clean up, jammies, story, brush teeth, potty, bed). It's a struggle to get her into her jammies and then to read a story (but loves brushing her teeth) and then needs about 20 min of hugs and kisses. She's not having any trouble falling asleep but she just doesn't WANT to go to bed so she fights it.

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year? I've always been anxious over DD meeting milestones (she is perfectly fine if not a little ahead; i'm just crazy!). Being at home with her 24/7 has helped me to relax and just enjoy watching her grow. She was 23 months at the beginning of all this and I was obsessing over how big her vocabulary was, whether she was doing 2-3 word sentences, etc.. Now she talks in full sentences 90 percent of the time and constantly surprises me with new things she knows (which I don't remember teaching her!). 

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• rgn12rgn12 member

How far along are you?: 11 + 1

Upcoming appointments: Next week I have 12 week appt and MaterniT21 testing. No ultrasound though, ugh!

How are you feeling?: Okay. I’ve been describing to people lately that I just overall feel like crap, versus the constant nausea that was overwhelming everything. I still feel nauseous, have some GI issues here and there, super sore breasts (and they’re hard as a rock), headaches, dizziness, EXHAUSTED, and if I don’t eat within a certain time frame I feel like I quickly approach a hypoglycemic episode out of nowhere. Basically, I feel like I have ALL the symptoms, but none of them are terrible or overwhelming. 

Rants/Raves: This may be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that the whole mask thing is happening prematurely and it’s making me anxious. I wasn’t able to get vaccinated before conceiving and have been waiting for more guidance about that. My OB office says I should get it, but a friend’s OB office said absolutely not. It’s such a scary thing, and a difficult decision. I think I will end up getting it during pregnancy, but for my own peace of mind I am trying to wait until second trimester or more concrete info comes out. I’m feeling more confident in getting it though, since there haven’t been any serious adverse effects reported so far. I’ve been working from home the entire pandemic, and my husband is fully vaccinated. Hopefully I’ll stay healthy until I can get it, but these restrictions easing up make me nervous! 

Sorry, that was a lot. I needed to rant! 🙈

Questions: None right now. Anyone else doing NIPT soon? I didn’t do this my last pregnancy, so pretty excited to find out the gender early! 

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year? I have been much better about setting boundaries during the pandemic, and making decisions that are best for me and my family even when others don’t agree. We haven’t totally been isolated, but we’ve taken more precautions than some of our less cautious friends and family. I am getting much better at saying no! I also wouldn’t trade this extra time with my daughter for anything. Working from home allows me to see her more than if I were going back and forth from the office. I am happy to say that I work full-time and didn’t miss any of her major milestones (she was 8 months old when Covid started). I never thought that would happen. Eventually I’ll have to go back to the office, but I am enjoying this time now. Because of this, I am actually considering taking more time for maternity leave this time around. I only took 4 weeks with DD and I’m thinking two months now. Still not enough, but I think it should be a priority. 

• rgn12rgn12 member
    edited May 2021
    Coming back for tags, I hope I didn’t miss anyone! 

@mbradfo2 my doppler is helping my PGAL brain too! Also, I’m super tired too! 

@rpreston17 same here! I am exhausted and everything is a wreck. I have not done any laundry in weeks, DH has been doing most of it lately. I feel like I’ve truly let myself go... I may or may not have worn pajama bottoms for work one day, because no one sees my bottom half working from home! 🙈

@mockingjay1 yay doppler! I’ve been using mine too. Thinking about you, and hoping for good (or better) news about your mom. ❤️

@mommaduck2490 I’m getting my NIPT too, next week though. I am excited to find out the gender as well. I am so confused why my OB is making me wait until 12 weeks, when the website says 9-10 weeks. Oh well. 

@mmyeackle I took pregnancy tests off and on until about six weeks. I’ve been anxious too! 

@brookert615 ahh yes budgeting! I forgot to add that to mine. We’ve had a tight budget too since Covid started, due to a serious loss in income for a while there. We’ve been able to pay off of our debt with our new budget, which has been nice. 

@savedbygrace1213 yay first appt! That’s exciting!

@bkjade a spa day sounds wonderful! I hope you enjoyed it! Regarding Diclegis and Unisom/B6 combo, I tried both my first pregnancy. Unisom/B6 seemed to help me more, which was weird. I had to take it my entire pregnancy or my nausea would come back. This time, I actually stopped taking it a few days ago (<30 days of it 🙌🏻), and I can tell a difference but it’s tolerable. Will your insurance cover Diclegis if you try other stuff first? I think we had to “prove” that I needed it, and my OB did a request for approval since I had exhausted other options. 
  • How far along are you?: 9 weeks

Upcoming appointments: 10 week appointment on May 24. 

How are you feeling?: I’ve been feeling pretty exhausted and still nauseated most of the time. 

Rants/Raves: no rants; just raves: DS2 got accepted to Pre-K and I mentioned that now I need to get serious about potty training, but I was going to wait until after we came back from vacation in two weeks. He took it upon himself to PT now. He’s been the most stubborn to train, but he literally did it all by himself this weekend. 

Questions: None

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year? I’m going to keep up with our game nights and movie nights. I’m going to remain more present. I’m not going to be afraid to say ‘no’ to family events or activities (with family that thinks COVID is a hoax). I’m going to be more intentional with my words and actions. 

@mommaduck2490 I will be doing the NIPT test, especially since I’m AMA.

@rgn12 I have read and heard that it’s most accurate closer to 12 weeks. 

• @rgn12 I so feel your rant! I’m happy to be done with masks but also a little anxious. I got my first shot not knowing I was pregnant (pretty sure I would have waited till second tri or not done it at all), and then I did go through with my second at the recommendation of my doctor- BUT I am still a little uneasy about it. I’m relieved it’s done and over with but also super nervous there could be some side effects they aren’t aware of yet. I feel your pain!

How far along are you?: 11 weeks 

Upcoming appointments: next week! I am anxiously looking for some reassurance  

How are you feeling?: feeling a little less exhausted and nauseas which is nice but also makes me nervous that everything is still okay. TW: I also had some very light (hardly any) bleeding on Sunday that made me nervous as I never have had that with any of my pregnancies. I suspect I just overdid it with the yard work on Saturday but still feeling pretty nervous.

Rants/Raves: Might have to come back to this one. My brain is mush at this point and I surprisingly can’t even think of a rant haha

Questions:

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year? Definitely slowing down, not having to feel like we have to do all of the social events, get togethers, etc., and being comfortable with saying ‘no.’

• @rgn12
    I have mixed feelings about the easing on restrictions (I'm fully vaccinated as is DH) -- part of me hopes it will encourage hesitant people to get the vaccine (or not and accept the risks; it is their health choice). BUT I also recognize that some people can't get it or haven't been able to get it yet which complicates things.

Am I going to continue masking? Yep.   Does it seem like everyone (in my area) are still masking? Yep. Am I nervous even after having the vaccine? Absolutely.

Honestly, I don't think I'll really feel more at ease until my daughter can get the vaccine (hopefully this fall). I just signed her up for summer camp and I feel incredibly anxious over it. I know the risks are small for her but the idea of any risk is terrifying. I have another month until I have to really deal with my anxiety and I am thinking about talking to my psychiatrist to get some support during this time.
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• bkjadebkjade member
    @rgn12 totally 💯 on that rant. And I’ll be doing the nipt at my next visit 6/9 too! It is my first time as well! 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited May 2021
    @bkjade awesome! Did you opt to do it or was it recommended? My OB office doesn’t push it, but a doctor friend recommended it and said it was worth it even if insurance didn’t pay. 

@mbradfo2 I totally understand being torn! I’d probably be pretty frustrated if I was fully vaccinated and had to keep masking up everywhere. I’m in the same boat with my DD too, she will probably be okay but I don’t really want to risk my daughter’s health! It’s so scary. I’m just so over this pandemic! 😭 Totally reach out for that support if needed, it’s so important right now! People are so stressed for various reasons. It’s a tough time for sure. 

@midwestmomma2 thank you! It’s validating to know I’m not totally alone. I think I’ll end up getting it, because I feel like my hand is being forced in a way. Especially if I have to go back to work in-person. I’m trying to stay home as long as possible because I can work from home, but people are wanting to transition back now. I think once I tell my work that I’m pregnant it’ll make more sense. Not ready for that yet though! 

ETA wrong tag! 🙈
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @rgn12 - they strongly suggested it since I’m “old” lol
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    Anyone else experiencing blood-tinged discharge? I’m 11+2 now, and I have been having it off and on for a few weeks and I’ve called my OB twice (just now most recently) and they keep reassuring me that’s it normal and I’m okay to wait it out at home without being seen. I didn’t have this at all with DD and my PGAL brain is really messing with me. Ughh!
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @rgn12 - I have had blood-tinged discharge the past week+. My OB also reassured me that it's normal and I was ok to wait too (I'm always on edge bc PGAL). I have also had some period-like cramping. I ended up waking up to blood instead of discharge a few days ago, then it went back to blood-tinged discharge  :| Since I had blood they asked me to come in and found a SCH, which was reassuring since the baby is healthy but also freaky bc now it's something else to worry about lol. Ah, the joys of pregnancy. 

When is your next visit?
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @JamieH2000 we told family when I got my BFP last month, but i prob won't really tell anyone else unless they ask lol. I was able to make it through to 6 months last time before people started to ask, but it was also during the winter when I wasn't wearing tiny summer clothes and bikinis. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade my next appt is next Thursday, so about a week. 
  • @JamieH2000 I'm in WI too! Near Menomonie 😊
  • @JamieH2000 MN girl over here! We’ve told my family, DH’s sister, and two of my friends. Within the next week we’ll tell extended family once I hit 12 weeks, and at 13 I’ll tell work which I am super nervous about. We’ve been so busy the last year+ and I think this pregnancy is going to come as a shock to them. 
  • @bkjade I haven't had bloody discharge but I have A LOT of discharge that is pale yellow. I have brought it up with my Midwives twice but they don't seem concerned as it smells normal. It's just a lot and I'm in panty liners all day. My best friend had a SCH at 6 weeks and by 12 weeks it was gone so I know they can just disappear. Hopefully this is the case for you ❤

@JamieH2000 Being in Canada, they only offer us the NT scan and then if something comes back abnormal we get the NIPT test. You can pay for it of you really want it but it's like $800.00 or something like that. I hope your vaccine doesn't give you any trouble! I won't qualify for mine until August since they are giving everyone one shot here first. I feel like the science isn't there to support this but I don't know. 

We aren't going to publicly announce. My sister and BIL have been trying through IVF for over a year so I'm uneasy about announcing just with them going through that. I'm not hiding it though at work. Today I'm in a shirt that definitely shows baby bump so people may ask. 

How far along are you?: 12w2d

Upcoming appointments: just had my 12 week ultrasound yesterday! It was great saw little babe wiggling around. I think its a girl! 

How are you feeling?: good my nausea has pretty much disappeared. 

Rants/Raves: Rant- they extended the lockdown in Nova Scotia until June 9th so I won't be allowed to move there until then. Hopefully they don't extend it again. RAVE- just flying high from my ultrasound yesterday.

Questions: if you wear compression socks for spider veins when your pregnant, what do you wear during the summer???

GTKY: What activities, realizations, or new ways of doing things will you (try to) keep from this past year? Getting outside more and keeping up with my journal. I started it last March at the first lockdown. 

• @represton17 and @rdfree32- nooo way!! So close. I was in muskego until dec and now down in Waterford, just 15 mins further away!! We may need a WI meet up with @midwestmom12 coming too!!

@kaitcrystalline- I just can not believe they won’t let you move!! Like make you all quarantine in the house or something but let you move!!! I am surprised they do the NT over nipt. I feel like a scan must cost more than bloodwork these days!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!