September 2021 Moms

May Appointments

What’s on your schedule this month?

Re: May Appointments

• Oh @runningonindie that’s so scary given your history! Hopefully the echo and other scans can give you some reassurance 
  • Loading the player...
  • @runningonindie I'm so sorry you're dealing with more uncertainty. I hope the fetal echocardiogram is able to give you some peace.  
  • muggsdmuggsd member
    @runningonindie sorry to hear that you have a big question mark hanging over you. Hoping that the follow ups help put your mind at ease! 
  • paulpawpaulpaw member
    @runningonindie that must have been hard for you. I know sometimes a week makes a huge difference in the findings in the AS. Maybe they were just unable to see something that they will see in a week.

If it bring comfort, my cousin also had what seemed to be a single artery to the umbilical cord at her AS. She had no birth defects. 

Thinking of you

• sawasapsawasap member
    @runningonindie So sorry you're going through that! I hope you get some answers from the echocardiogram.
  • @paulpaw yes 75% of the time it ends up being nothing but given the history they are raising it as a red flag, which sucks, because i’d like to enjoy the second half of this pregnancy. 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @runningonindie I'm sorry, that's so hard to be leaving an appointment like that full of stress and worry. I hope the follow up appointments can bring some answers 
  • @runningonindie I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Praying that further testing brings you some peace of mind!
  • @runningonindie so sorry you are dealing with that! I hope you get answers soon 
  • @krash_ that is ridiculous 

@runningonindie I'm so sorry you're dealing with that! Here's hoping a comforting and reassuring follow-up is headed your way!
  • sawasapsawasap member
    My second attempt at the anatomy scan went well today. Baby boy still wasn't helpful, but moved around enough that the tech could get all her angles and measurements, plus a nice profile shot at the end. He seems to be on the bigger side, already estimated at 1 lb 3 oz (I'm 21w6d today).

Other than that, I have a telephone appointment with my OB on the 18th and then nothing until June.
  • krash_krash_ member
    @lmcw yes to the bladder! I went before we left the house and went again when we got there to make sure I was empty. Then after waiting so long I needed to go again and OF COURSE right as I went to go again, they called my name. And then half way through the scan it was full again. She was scanning and goes “here’s baby’s full bladder and that’s your full bladder” I was like yeah I can tell every time you push on it 😒
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• edited May 2021
    @runningonindie I am so sorry you have that cloud hanging over you. I really hope the echocardiogram gives you answers. 💜 

@krash_ @sawasap I'm in the uncooperative fetus club too. 😂 Both scans the tech was shaking my belly to get baby to turn. I have a feeling this child is going to be stubborn for life. 
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @krash_ I no longer drink all the water by whatever deadline they give, I just drink it on the way to the appointment and hope for the best since I figure I’ll be sitting there way longer 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • lmcwlmcw member
    @runningonindie That’s great news!! Glad you have a bit of relief now, I hope all of the continued monitoring stays positive and reassuring. 
  • sawasapsawasap member
    @runningonindie That's such good news! 
  • @runningonindie that's great news! So glad you can breathe easier. 
  • @runningonindie such great news! 
  • I've got my anatomy scan on Monday and follow up appointment on Tuesday. I'm excited to see baby, but also less thrilled about it being done at the hospital rather than in office. Though, to be fair, it took 3 rounds to get *most of* the stuff they wanted last pregnancy, so I'm sure it's just supposed to help bypass that. Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy seeing the baby more, but not if it's going to cost me $570 out of pocket if I have to repeat the scans at the hospital! 
  • I forgot how short the OB appts are when they’re just checking the heartbeat and taking a measure and off you go!