1st Trimester
Options

Am I pregnant?

Hi so I’m a little confused!!

I last had sex April 19th then took my period May 2nd (regular period normal heaviness ect)I started having bloating, gas, nausea but no sore boobs, I done 2 tests and negative.

The pain got worse so I visited my regular doctor may 12th she done pregnancy test also and again negative.

Something made me take a test on Friday May 14 and it was Positive all FIVE I took where positive!
Also positive yesterday.

I called the on call OB who was zero help and told me if pain got super bad head to ER, no point her seeing me because I would barely be pregnant yet.

I read things like ovarian cancer can cause false positives so freaking out a little.

Do you think I’m really pregnant? How far on would I actually be? ( won’t lie all that confuses me lol)

1 healthy pregnancy & 2 miscarriages early last year so scared to get excited!!

Thank you so much!!

Answers

• Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    Hi so I’m a little confused!!

I last had sex April 19th then took my period May 2nd (regular period normal heaviness ect)I started having bloating, gas, nausea but no sore boobs, I done 2 tests and negative.

The pain got worse so I visited my regular doctor may 12th she done pregnancy test also and again negative.

Something made me take a test on Friday May 14 and it was Positive all FIVE I took where positive!
    Also positive yesterday.

I called the on call OB who was zero help and told me if pain got super bad head to ER, no point her seeing me because I would barely be pregnant yet.

I read things like ovarian cancer can cause false positives so freaking out a little.

Do you think I’m really pregnant? How far on would I actually be? ( won’t lie all that confuses me lol)

1 healthy pregnancy & 2 miscarriages early last year so scared to get excited!!

Thank you so much!!
    If you got a positive test you are pregnant. You likely just didn’t have enough hcg in your system yet to turn the test.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Thank you! Do you know how many weeks I would be 🙈 I was thinking 5 weeks but the doctor on the call (who wasn’t nice) said I was like a week!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    meggymemeggyme member
    They typically base it off your last period until a dating US. That’s odd they said a week, because that isn’t a thing.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Hey!

Yes I took 5 tests all different brands and the ones that say pregnant or not pregnant also!

It’s so confusing and my doctors don’t seem to want to help! They emailed me saying if pain getting severe go to ER.
    I have a short cycle of 20 days!
  • Options
    I have known a person who "had a period" while pregnant (and it was no means "implantation bleeding") and had a healthy baby.  Talk to your OBGYN tell them you tested 5 positve pregnancy tests, you need to confirm pregnancy and ask for a dating scan. If they don't help out call another OBGYN office, tell them you turned a positive test and find one that will listen.  
  • Options
    Thank you so much!!!