December 2021 Moms
Options

May Symptoms

Since we did one for April, I thought we should have a general thread for symptoms in May too! 

Any new symptoms? Are symptoms subsiding? Tell us how you’re feeling this month! 

Re: May Symptoms

• Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    I am personally having a lot of symptoms lately, more than I remember with DD! Currently experiencing nausea, gastrointestinal issues, heartburn, headaches/migraines, night sweats, irritability, hip/lower back pain, food aversions, and fatigue! 

I feel like my nausea has been worse in the last few days, which is super disappointing because I was hoping at 10 weeks maybe it would start to subside. Hoping for some relief soon, I really don’t like taking Unisom/B6 daily.... 
  • Options
    So this weekend was the worst yet. 6 times sick on Sunday. But then yesterday ans today, just slightly nausea and no actual throwing up! It’s amazing... but nerve racking... like are the symptoms disappearing? I wish I had an appt this week :( first week with no appt and it’s giving me so much anxiety!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    rgn12rgn12 member
    @JamieH2000 I totally understand! I thought I was feeling a little better from 8-9 weeks, but then it came back full force. Ugh. Maybe your symptoms are just easing up? I totally get it though, I am finding any reason to feel anxious... any twinge, cramp, or slightly off (in my head 🙈) discharge has me on the verge of losing it. I’ve almost called my OB so many times, but have resisted the urge because I literally have no evidence to support my worry. PGAL just messes with you I think... or just being pregnant in general sometimes! 
  • Options
    @rgn12- right!! I agree. Things can change day to day and I’m resisting the urge to call my OB too!! I was just on such a downward projectory so to feel any better is odd!! But I am getting over a head cold so perhaps that’s helping. Can it just be second tri yet?!!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • Options
    I am having some slight nausea which I didn't really have at all with DD - it's definitely not full-blown morning sickness but still unpleasant.

Main symptoms are exhaustion (SO. FREAKING. TIRED.) and feeling like I have a rock in my stomach. I constantly waver back & forth between food aversion and  wanting to eat everything in sight.
  • Options
    I had pretty bad morning sickness with all of my kids, but so far I seem to be more nauseous than anything. Also, very few things sound good to eat. Or if something does, it’s fleeting. 

I’m totally exhausted. 

My big one in the last couple weeks though is my eyesight. I have pretty good vision usually, but I really struggle to see my computer screen or text at all. 

• Options
    What are with these leg cramps?! Thank God I have pilates today to stretch out. 
  • Options
    Guys I am miserable.  My pregnancy with my daughter was a friggin walk in the park.  I was so peppy, happy, energetic, and not sick.  I definitely took advantage of it (kickboxed until the day I went into labor!) and knew I was lucky.  I thought MAYBE my body just likes pregnancy.  Boy was I wrong.  I am literally exhausted all day, every day, no matter how much sleep I get overnight, and even if I nap.  I am nauseous all the time, but evenings are  THE WORST.  I can barely eat anything, but chicken especially turns me off.  I am achy all over, but my right shoulder and arm hurt so bad I can barely use it?  Weird.  The worst is my body hair is not slowing down like it did last time :( I barely had to shave and I friggin loved it.   Not so much this time.  Wahhhhh pregnancy is hard.  I envy past pregnant me!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I feel you!! I can make it to about 1-2 in the afternoon and I just am absolutely miserable. This has definitely been the hardest of my 3 pregnancies. Hopefully we get some relief in the second tri soon!
  • Options
    @midwestmomma2 oh man I'm sorry you're dealing with evening nausea, too.  I hope we both get some relief soon!
  • Options
    What are with these leg cramps?! Thank God I have pilates today to stretch out. 

**stuck in the box**
    The leg cramps/Charlie horses are the worst. I got those and headaches super bad in second tri. Magnesium supplements helped with both. 
  • Options
    @eggsbene42 @kaitcrystalline oof I haven’t had any leg cramps this time but boy do I remember them from last time. I’d wake up in the middle of the night screaming in pain. I’ll have to remember magnesium for that if I get them again! 
  • Options
    @eggsbene42 @blueowl08 okay good to know about the magnesium!!
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared that so crazy how different your pregnancy is. So far mine have all been exactly the same. Makes me think this will be girl #3. 
    I’m at the point where I feel like I need to eat something all the time, if I don’t I start feeling nauseous. But not much sounds good. And everything leave the worst aftertaste that stays in my mouth forever. I’ve put on probably 7-10 lbs in the past two weeks with all my extra eating. And I could pass as 20+ weeks along by now. :/ 

Leg cramps are definitely the worst! I will have to remember the magnesium as well!
  • Options
    @savedbygrace1213 my husband and I both think since it's so different maybe it's about this time?  
  • Options
    @scaredunprepared I totally get the joint pain. Mine was so bad with my first that both my husband and I had to take a week of sick days bc I couldn't even stand up to get on and off the toilet my hips and knees hurt so bad. 

This one I'm just nauseous all day. And my blood pressure gets so low. 
  • Options
    @savedbygrace1213 they also make magnesium lotion you can rub right onto your calves! Then you don't have to swallow anything on an empty ish stomach 
  • Options
    @kats0727 that’s amazing and good to know! The less I have to swallow the better!
  • Options
    @kats0727 wow that sounds awful... both the horrible joint pain last time and the nausea and low BP this time :(
  • Options
    bkjadebkjade member
    @rgn12 same! My previous pregnancies were a walk in the park, I had no idea how good I had it lol. This time I am nauseous, have hot flashes (wtf), fatigue, irritability, headaches, food aversions to nearly everything, fatigue, heartburn. I feel like I can barely function 😭
  • Options
    @bkjade I totally understand.  Weird how it can be so different, right?
  • Options
    So far this pregnancy is a mirror image of my last - including sciatic pain so sitting and moving is just fun lol. I think I'm going to look into a prenatal chiropractor or something!
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's