Options

Weekly Randoms 5/15

Me: 29 | DH: 28
Due: 6 Nov 2021
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Weekly Randoms 5/15

• Options
    I’ve been sick since Mother’s Day. Head cold/chest cold/sinus infection. I went to my OB on Thursday and she said if I’m not feeling better in a few days that I can call for some antibiotics. So I think I’m going to call tomorrow. I cannot handle helping take care of 2 kids and be pregnant. I’m exhausted and my husband is frustrated at doing it all, which is understandable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I already have a baby. But own no maternity clothes 😓 I didn’t really show until like 22nd week. By 25th week I quit my job and decided to shut myself indoors. Wore my husband’s clothes. He made me get bigger pants towards the end as I was getting ridiculously big from PE and there were so appointments that needed to go to. The extent of how cheap I had been is just sinking in 🤦🏼‍♀️
    Anyhowww ordered a bunch of bump-hiding and bump-accommodating tops. Hoping they will be put to good use this time..
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I hope you start feeling better soon! ❤

@sthlm_21 I'm so cheap when it comes to maternity clothes too. I hate most of the options and so I end up just finding cheap flowy tops and leggings and try to make it work.  
  • Options
    @artsiefartsie @sthlm_21 I agree, plus maternity clothes are no fun and you only get to wear them for a short period. I rent mine from Rent the Runway, but mainly live in long stretchy dresses, especially as it gets warmer. Jeans are a no go anymore. The button won't do up! 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I hope you get some relief soon! 

I need maternity clothes that fit for my own mental health. Lol. I get so depressed when I have nothing to wear/nothing fits. 

I know we do a product spotlight, but I’m specifically curious about loungers like a snuggle me or a dock a tot. I didn’t have one with any of my other babies but I’m curious what you all think/ experiences have been. I’m thinking about getting the snuggle me but it seems like a very expensive pillow. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sthlm_21 I have bought a few key pieces of maternity wear (from my last pregnancy) that are serving me really well this time around (leggings, a couple of long, non-opaque tanks, a stretchy t-shirt dress). I also continued to wear them postpartum. Other than that, I just buy things that are "normal" but actually maternity friendly (it helps that my go to type of clothing is what my husband terms "tent-chic" lol). I guess it depends on your style but there are lot of options for loose summer dresses with room for a bump that also have buttons that allow for breast-feeding postpartum. Layer them with some maternity leggings and a cardigan and you can wear them in cooler weather as well. I totally get not wanting to shell out on clothes you can only wear for a few months of your life. 
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 we got a snuggle me last time around and it was super handy for like, the first 3 months. We could just put DS wherever and he could nap (like, in the middle of the dining room table while we ate, or on the couch/ while I watched a show/read/worked). It is really expensive though. We bought it on the recommendation of a friend whose baby would only nap in their snuggle me. Our son was not so choosy but I appreciated the flexibility it gave us. 
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 I had a Snuggle Me for my daughter (luckily someone gave it to me used and I didn't pay for it) but she would not tolerate being on it for a moment and would just scream and cry. It really depends on the baby what they like to be set in and it sucks when buying things like these pillows and baby swings that cost so much if your baby doesn't end up liking them. Maybe you can buy one in store soon before you are due and return it if the baby doesn't like it?
  • Options
    slizteesliztee member
    @Starynightsky24 Arlo couldn’t lay flat on his back because he had MAJOR GERD and threw up All. The. Time. 

That said, I’m splurging on a (used) Mamaroo this time around! When I watched my friends newborn twins fall to sleep in under a minute or contentedly lie there and slide back and forth, I knew I had to have one for my next kiddo. I also think I’d fall asleep next to a baby in a Snuggle Me, and we’re not a co-sleeping family. 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! None of my babies liked to be flat either which is why we did the rock n play... so I’m struggling to find something this go round. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Starynightsky24 maybe an UO but I'm still planning on using my rock n play - supervised, of course, as I used it last time, as an alternative spot for the new baby until he is able to roll onto his tummy. I think the problems with it resulted from using it unsupervised to sleep in (rather than just nap in) and using it with infants who could already roll over. 
  • Options
    Our backyard has no grass and I want an "instant" fix.... Does anyone have any experience with turf or did? We have dogs so I kind of would love to have turf and not have to worry about them ruining it 🤔
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! Still not feeling the best, but I’m on day 2 of the Z-Pack. TMI: And bring on the diarrhea. Ugh. 
  • Options
    This question is specifically for @jenharvey84 but also looking for other input! 

Are you going to go by mom or mum? Obviously everyone here says mum (and all Mother’s Day cards, gifts, etc all say mum) but I just feel weird referring to myself as a mum and not a mom, I feel like an imposter 😂 and you’re in the same boat but opposite
    Me: 29 | DH: 28
    Due: 6 Nov 2021
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Dog tickers

• Options
    @eggsandwich2019 I totally agree, but I don’t have mine anymore. We are starting from scratch because we thought we were done after #3. Definitely nothing reclined is approved for overnight sleep anyway, so I’m just trying to figure it out.

I was looking at the mamaroo bassinet (pricey but a lot more affordable then the SNOO). I’m not sure what I’ll do. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny I'm a mum! I know exactly what you mean. I can't be a mum here, only a mom, but I'm British so I'm a mum! The drama! I think I'll have to accept that baby will learn to call me mom... 

I love how we are like each others opposite! 
  • Options
    marbellie said:
    Our backyard has no grass and I want an "instant" fix.... Does anyone have any experience with turf or did? We have dogs so I kind of would love to have turf and not have to worry about them ruining it 🤔
    No experience with turf here... when we had our house built a few years ago we had sod laid down in our yard. It needed to be watered constantly for awhile. It didn’t take long for it to take root though. I wouldn’t let your dogs play in it at first if that’s the route you go.
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny Sounds like a good reason to encourage handmade cards :) Personally, I love handmade cards from my kiddo (and he's 2 so right now it's mostly scribbles and stickers with DH writing "Happy Mother's Day/Birthday/Whatever, Mom!")
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny Still going by "mama" here. Hoping to as long as I can. Or maybe just "ma."
  • Options
    @jackie_dunny we all call my mom "mummy"... Alternative?