Pregnant after IF
Options

All Trimester Check-In 5/10/2021

mbradfo2mbradfo2 member
edited May 2021 in Pregnant after IF
Finally starting to come out of the hole of nausea and fatigue!

• How far along/EDD?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: What holidays are you most looking forward to celebrating with your little one(s)?

@madasm0530 EDD 4/3/2021

@FuzzyDust EDD 5/30/21

@halfanewt EDD 6/4/2021

@lizalovespasha EDD 6/10/2021

@laurad75 EDD 6/26/2021 (girl)

@late_bloomer EDD 6/27/2021 (boy)

@kam174 EDD 8/30/2021

@sawasap  EDD 9/8/2021

@mbradfo2 EDD 12/5/2021 (girl)

~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
Fall 2012 -- started TTC
Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

Re: All Trimester Check-In 5/10/2021

• Options
    • How far along/EDD?  10 weeks and 2 days as of today (5/11/21). Due Date is 12/5/21.
    • How are you feeling this week? Somewhat better! I was so exhausted the past two weeks that it was hard to keep up on forums so I apologize! Still a little tired but feeling a bit more energetic. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? It's been so exciting to actually go out to eat! My husband got his second shot recently so he's more comfortable with us going out. My big Mother's Day thing was going to eat hibachi (I haven't had it in FOREVER and kept craving it). We didn't sit at one of the tables with the show but it was still really nice and quite fun for DD who has no real memory of eating at restaurants (she was 23 months when all of this started).
    • Upcoming appointments? Nothing this week; next week for my first OB appt with my new OB. I have no idea what to expect! With my old OB (he retired), I knew he would do a scan in office if I asked but I have no idea with this new one (the wife of my MFM). I also have an appt with my MFM at the end of the month to go over things.
    • GTKY: What holidays are you most looking forward to celebrating with your little one(s)? I think this will likely be the common one - Christmas - but I love all of the decorations, music and beautiful services. For me, it's a whole month starting with the first week of Advent. It's so exciting to see Christmas through my DD's eyes. 
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• Options
    kam174kam174 member
    • How far along/EDD? 24 weeks | Aug. 30
    • How are you feeling this week? Had a rough week. Chest pains (not heartburn) started on Saturday. Yesterday I called my OBGYN and she guilted me into an ER visit to make sure the pain wasn’t blood clots or covid (all tests came back negative). So basically they don’t know why I’m having chest pains but they (hopefully) ruled out anything serious. I was told to follow up with a cardiologist. I’m just surprised this isn’t normal? Can’t it just be from the baby growing and pushing on things? My doctor told me in no uncertain terms that it was not normal 😐 very comforting 😏
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Baby’s room is coming together! We have 2 dressers, and the crib and bassinet are in boxes in my dining room 😬 they should be put together by next week though! 
    • Upcoming appointments? None till May 20 - unless I can get an appt. with a cardiologist before then. 
    • GTKY: What holidays are you most looking forward to celebrating with your little one(s)? I love all the winter holidays - from Halloween through New Years. But definitely looking forward to Christmas the most. Such a beautiful month-long celebration with lights and music and family gatherings ☺️ 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sawasapsawasap member
    • How far along/EDD? 23 weeks today, September 8
    • How are you feeling this week? Feeling pretty good. Definitely getting bigger all the time. This morning, the LO was down really low and kicking at what felt like my pelvis, which was super uncomfortable. I've also taken to keeping Tums next to the bed at night because I've been waking up with heartburn.
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I've started looking at daycare options in my area (we won't need it until 12 months, but the waitlists here are apparently very long so better to get on that early) and it's tough! I don't really know what I'm looking for, most child care centres in the area only start at 18 months, and most don't give you fees on their websites. Plus, can't go in to visit right now because of COVID, so feel like I'm flying blind. We're probably going to end up getting on a bunch of wait lists and then deciding later on down the line...
    • Upcoming appointments? May 18 telephone appointment with the OB
    • GTKY: What holidays are you most looking forward to celebrating with your little one(s)? I'm really looking forward to Halloween. That's always been a fun one with my family, so I'm excited to be able to pass that along.

• Options
    @mbradfo2 - thanks for starting this.  Also, I'm glad you're starting to feel better!
    • How far along/EDD? 33w4d/ June 21st (planned c-section)
    • How are you feeling this week? Tired.  Pregnancy insomnia hit almost 2 weeks ago and I can't sleep for more than a few hours at a time.  I pee at least 4 times during the night and it feels like I swallowed a space heater.  I wake up sweating all night.  Baby boy is active as can be.  Maybe he's doing hot yoga in there?
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  It's been a crazy couple of weeks.  Last week I had a panel interview for a new job on Tuesday and my work laid off a bunch of people, including me, on Wednesday.  My boss and most of my direct reports were laid off.  I knew it was coming but I had no idea how bad it would be.  It was a tough week, especially to watch good people go through the stress of losing their jobs.  I've been there for over a decade and was ready to leave. For me personally, it was not a bad deal.  They are giving me a generous severance package and they will let me stay until next May if I want (or leave earlier if I prefer).  I could take off on paid maternity leave from June 1 - November 1st  and either decide to stay longer or take the package and leave.  There's a lot to think about.  Then, I had my virtual baby shower on Saturday.  It was really fun but I was not looking forward to it in the days leading up to it.  Also, I had my last panel interview with the other job 2 days ago.  It went well and they are in the final stages of calling my references.  I haven't told them I'm pregnant.  They also want me to move to Switzerland, so this could get really tricky very soon.  Finally, our renovations are unlikely to be finished before Baby comes so now it looks like I have to set up a temporary nursery in our Townhouse and plan a move with a newborn.  Ahhhhhh...I'm a ball of stress right now. I'm sure all of this is also contributing to the aforementioned insomnia.  
    • Upcoming appointments? OB appointment today.  I'm sure I'll be chastised for not getting my TDAP yet but it's on the to do list for tomorrow.  
    • GTKY: What holidays are you most looking forward to celebrating with your little one(s)? Halloween - I love seeing babies in costumes. And of course, Christmas when he's a little older and can appreciate it.
  • Options
    @late_bloomer
    New job is always exciting -- I'd love to move to Switzerland! I lived in France for a bit and absolutely loved it (even with all the wacky things like shops not opening until 10 or 11 AM and closing at 5 pm!). Last Christmas was the first one that DD showed that she was starting to understand (she loved decorating the tree) so I'm anticipating that this next one will be very exciting for her. 

@sawasap
    Yes, daycare/preschools can be -craaaazy- . My first choice had a 3 year waiting list! I ultimately snagged a spot from a smaller preschool near our house after a family moved (I heard about with word of mouth as my sisters' girls go there).
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2