December 2021 Moms

Weekly check-in 5/9 💐Happy Mother's Day! 💐

How far along are you?:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Describe something that's made you smile today.

Re: Weekly check-in 5/9 💐Happy Mother's Day! 💐

• Loading the player...
  • @scaredunprepared: I am also grateful my husband is picking up the slack. I’ve been kind of a waste of space for like 3 weeks. 

@bkjade: yes I second ritual! Despite my serious morning sickness, they are the only pills I take that don’t bother me. 

How far along are you?: 9 weeks yesterday!

Upcoming appointments: Next Friday (5/21)  hoping I get another ultrasound but we will see.

How are you feeling?: I think I may be turning the corner. I’ve been Mia for a few weeks because I was feeling so terrible and struggling to get through every day due to morning sickness. Weirdly the worst was the day after I got my second COVID vaccine shot — nausea can be a side effect and that plus existing morning sickness meant I couldn’t keep anything down. Finally messaged my OB who prescribed zofran, which did help me finally eat.  But it’s been tough since then between pure exhaustion and nausea. 

Rants/Raves: Really just going to rant about morning sickness and how terrible it can be. I had it last time, but this time is just awful. 

Questions: Nothing here 

GTKY: Describe something that's made you smile today. My daughter climbed up on the couch with me this morning and just goes “cuddle mama”. Can’t help but smile at that!

• @blueowl08- I’m sorry you are so sick. It’s truly brutal! I hope you are turning the corner! I’m so nervous for my second covid shot next week. But glad the zofran is helping you!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @JamieH2000 thanks and good luck with your shot! Hopefully you won’t have too many side effects but it’ll be a relief getting it over with I’m sure!
  • 2b1gmom2b1gmom member

How far along are you?:  8 weeks on the dot today

Upcoming appointments: I have another ultrasound next Thursday to make sure baby is still ok and then I will graduate to my regular OB. Last appt baby's heart rate was 147 and measuring right on target.

How are you feeling?: Still have bouts or nausea but very mild. Tired and wishing I had more motivation and energy to workout. I usually snack most of the day and when it comes to dinner time I'm turned off by everything and nothing looks appetizing.

Rants/Raves:  Rants - still living out of coolers and a mini fridge so we've been eating out every night. We don't have many options for food around us so I'm tired of the selection we have already. Raves - new fridge is coming tomorrow and we literally can't wait. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Describe something that's made you smile today.  My MIL took our kids last night so DH and I got to sleep in this morning BEFORE WORK and not rush to get the kids to daycare this morning. It was so nice.

Married 12/28/13
    I'm 34 DH: 45
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    2 Failed Female Embryo transfers in 2017
    DS 3/28/18
    BFP and DD FET Due 12/22/21!

• 2b1gmom2b1gmom member
    @bkjade so glad to hear the ritual vitamins are working for you! I may have to switch.
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• How far along are you?: 6w6d

Upcoming appointments: my first appointment is June 1

How are you feeling?: so nauseous and miserable I don’t remember feeling like this with DD. My doctor prescribed Zofran but it’s not doing a whole lot. I might also try wearing those sea sickness bands to see if it makes any difference. 

Rants/Raves: just tired of feeling sick. It’s really messing with my head and how I feel about this pregnancy right now. 

Questions: has anyone used the sea sickness bands and have they helped?

GTKY: Describe something that's made you smile today. We told DD we’re going to Disney world next week and she woke up this morning saying, “we’re going to Disney World to see Mickey Mouse!” 

• 2b1gmom2b1gmom member
    @melbel0824 that's so exciting! Would love to take my kids to Disney World but I'm in PA and that would take too much planning for me!
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• How far along are you?: 10w3d

Upcoming appointments: regular check-up with doctor in 2 weeks, the day before we fly out to see my parents and give them the news!

How are you feeling?: Not too bad, not all good

Rants/Raves: PGAL brain is killing me. I woke up at 1:55am and spiraled with worries until, after much prayer, I was able to fall back asleep from 4-5am.
    *TW*
    One one hand, I was glad to get a little more sleep, but on the other, I had a BAD dream - that I miscarried this baby. UGH.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: Describe something that's made you smile today. My hubbs texted me a video of DS saying, "I love you mommy."  :)<3
  • @RDFree32 I'm sorry you had that dream. I also had that dream 2 nights ago :( 

How far along are you?: 11w 2d

Upcoming appointments: May 19 I have my 12 week appointment

How are you feeling?: not bad. Still nauseous and eating my days away. I have been waiting for the past half an house for it to be 11am and it's acceptable to eat lunch haha. I'm also feeling some anxiety. I cancelled my acupuncture appointment this week because the last 2 times I haven't felt great afterwards but now I'm nervous and superstitious that I should I just braved it out until I was 12 weeks. 

Rants/Raves: I'm super frustrated with Covid. DS and I are suppose to be moving and joining DH who has already moved to Nova Scotia. But the province has put in restrictions that you can no longer move there. Legally I don't know how this is allowed but now we are stuck in limbo just waiting.

Questions: does anyone else get leg cramps during pregnancy and when do you start to wear compression socks? With DS I developed some spider veins in my legs. I would like to avoid this this time around

GTKY: Describe something that's made you smile today: My sandwich at lunch time haha

• How far along are you?: 8w2d ish 

Upcoming appointments: I have an ultrasound next Wednesday. I’m hoping for adequate growth since my scan last week.

How are you feeling?: exhausted, nauseous, irritable/short fused but mostly still just so happy to be pregnant 

Rants/Raves: it’s supposed to rain the next 9 days. Bleh. I found baby’s heartbeat with the Doppler for 3-4 sec yesterday and it was such a relief for my pgal brain! 

Questions:

GTKY: Describe something that's made you smile today. Talking to my bestie for 2 hours on the phone this am (she lives 18 hours away)

*TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• edited May 2021
    @blueowl08 thank goodness for A+ husbands! 

@PrettyPalomino I have become a vegetarian by default. Chicken and fish (the only meat i eat) makes me want to hurl.  Last pregnancy I was the opposite.  I was vegetarian until I got pregnant and all i wanted was chicken wings after my bfp 😂

ETA: 

@kaitcrystalline I am sure there must be an exception for moving there if half your household is there?!  I might call the government office and ask because that isn't right to be forced to live separately from your husband. 
  • @kaitcrystalline I’m in a fury on your behalf!  I saw this article (quote below) - is that something you might qualify for? Might be a good time to try to talk to a lawyer.

www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/canada/article-nova-scotias-border-ban-delays-dream-of-a-fresh-start-for-bc-family/

On Monday afternoon, Nova Scotia clarified those rules after stories of travellers stuck at provincial boundary crossings began circulating. Some people will be allowed to apply for an exemption to enter on compassionate grounds if they can prove they bought or leased their new home before April 21, and have a closing date before May 20. Similar exemptions will be made for those carrying an employment letter dated by May 7 for a new job in Nova Scotia that cannot be done virtually or deferred.

• @blueowl08 and @scaredunprepared

I know its absolutely insane. They literally have homeless people living in their cars or staying in hotels at the border because they won't let them in. I can't apply for the compassionate entry because our closing date is June 3 so after the May 20 deadline. My best friend knows someone who applied, their closing date is May 21 and they were denied so they are living with friends at the moment here in Ontario with their 4 kids. I'm hoping Justin Trudeau pipes in and says they can't do this because it's against the Charter or Rights and Freedom. People are having mental breakdowns on the side of the road because they have their dog and cats and kids in the car with them and no where to go. Luckily I have my parents here, so I can live with them and I have my Midwives here so I'm not worried but it's still hard to be away from DH. 
  • @kaitcrystalline- that is ridic!! How can they do it? I sure hope the federal gov steps in soon. I get states protecting themselves but this is just too far!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @kaitcrystalline omg what a mess! I’m so sorry you have that added stress! I absolutely despise Covid!! What a disaster. 
    Praying you are allowed in soon! 
  • Anyone else have moments of feeling not pregnant and freaking out? Twinges and flutters are the only thing keeping me sane.