Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TTW THURSDAY 5/13

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

Re: TTW THURSDAY 5/13

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @daisy0322 I always always always pee in a cup. I would definitely miss the stick! I didn’t know people peed on the actual stick!

Month/Cycle: 30/33

CD/DPO: 17/3-5

Timing: Just once, we weren’t really trying 

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: I’m sure I will, probably later next week

R/R: I was exhausted this morning for some reason. I let myself sleep in a little and am feeling pretty good now but it was weird. I think my body is still resetting from last weekend. I’ve also been in the office every day this week which I’m not used to. I counted and there are 11 weeks until the earlier surgery date - going to spend that time trying to lose the 10ish pounds I’ve put on since the pandemic started. So I may be joining the healthy habits thread soon!

CS/Q: not having a temp on Sunday/having a bad temp on Monday is not helpful haha 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited May 2021
    @bows22 i never thought to get a cup 😂 however I ended up not drinking anything so I could test later and now I’m playing a very dangerous game of evap or faint positive even though I have the 6 days sooner tests and I’m DPO 12 it would not be this hard to tell if it was positive. I’m just a masochist. Re weight loss: I’ve lost 30 lbs on WW and my husband has lost 40! We both only have 10 more lbs to go and we love the program! 

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @daisy0322 we try not to talk about lines here at all (unless you have negative tests after/AF comes and it’s confirmed it was an evap) but you should post a pic in the pee stick thread on first tri because I do like seeing them when they are people I know and I’m prepared haha 
  • Options
    @bows22 sorry! Bad joke, my fault 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    @daisy0322 haha I also always pee in a cup now. I learned my lesson when I would take the clearblue OPKs and one just like..didn’t work and I was like well cool I have no more pee 😆 

@bows22 that sounds like a good goal for the next 11 weeks! Still hope your surgery can get moved up 🙌🏼 Also, the week long exhaustion after drinking a lot / going out is so real...

Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 21

Timing: 🤷🏼‍♀️

Typical LP length: 14ish

Testing: I almost did this morning, smh. Luckily the rational side of my brain was like, you idiot. If I got O pain while I was ovulating, I’d only be 5 dpo haha. 

R/R: I’m sitting for my required 15 min with the 2nd dose of the Covid vaccine running through my veins. Hoping for no adverse side effects. I felt crappy after the 1st one so maybe I’ll be ok. I’m happy it’s already Thursday and hoping today and tomorrow fly by! This will be the first weekend we won’t have anything to do besides attempt to get our house a bit more together.

CS/Q: nope

• Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @b_1029 yay second dose! I hope you do okay. Do you have to work tomorrow? Even though I felt awful I probably could have worked from home if it was something mindless 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    @bows22 I blocked the day off on my calendar as pto but didn’t officially request anything off. Mainly just didn’t want anyone from my meeting happy team to schedule anything with me. Worst case I feel horrible and can easily take the day off without moving a bunch around, best case I’ll actually have a day to do work!
  • Options
    @daisy0322 girl go get yourself some Dixie cups! I don't know if this is true, but I may have read that people get better results by dipping than by actually POAS. The one recent time I POAS it splashed everywhere and I was just like yeah, that's why we don't do that anymore

@bows22 that's a great goal to strive for before your surgery! Let's goooo!!! lol Apparently this is my phrase of the morning :D

@b_1029 yay 2nd dose! If those darn FRERs could actually "tell you the moment it happens" you'd be in business lol. I saw that commercial way too many times!

Month/Cycle: 47/6 AL

CD/DPO: 18/3; FF moved my O day to CD15

surprised pikachu - Album on Imgur

Timing: -3, -1, 0

Typical LP length: 13 days

Testing: in a week

R/R: poor DH has to go into the office now. That was quite sudden to become a thing. He still plans on WFH has much as possible. So I'm home alone with the pets for the remainder of the week. Also, I was originally going to have tomorrow off, but after some group conversation yesterday I found out my coworker is traveling today and tomorrow for a customer visit so I later messaged my boss if I should move my PTO to Monday as he originally told me Friday was fine. Because of his oversight, he's giving me yet another free day of PTO. I really don't mind having to move it. It's not like I had specific plans for that particular day. So now he's telling me that when I go to submit my PTO for my vacation in July to only request 4 days instead of the full 5 for the week.

CS/Q: I still have CH if I bring back the 1 discarded temp. Guess I can't claim this cycle that I became a mom on Mother's Day with O moving to Monday. Poop.

Angry Penguin GIFs  Tenor

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    anniemarie887anniemarie887 member
    edited May 2021

Month/Cycle: 6/6

CD/DPO: 24/8?

Timing: -4, -1

Typical LP length: 14, although flo is suggesting 10?

Testing: i had said saturday because of socializing with booze... 

R/R: took the day off yesterday and it was well needed! got taxes done, had an annual dr appt, realized i haven't been to the obgyn since feb of 2020, so made that annual appt for july. and taadaaaaaa, feeling very accomplished!

CS/Q: nada

@daisy0322 i always pee on the stick! it has back fired on me when i dropped a cbad opk in the toilet once! oops.

@bows22 yay for sleeping in! i got to have a slow morning yesterday and it was GLORIOUS! 

@b_1029 yay for 2nd dose! 

@inthewoods22 oooh yay for free pto! as a business owner who manages ppl i'm sure he really appreciated you acknowledging 2 people being off would be inconvenient and being flexible on your time!

• Options
    @inthewoods23 I have a cup now! 😁 I’ll be prepared next month now lol. That’s exciting about the extra PTO 

• Options
    jlbaker08jlbaker08 member
    edited May 2021

@daisy0322, @bows22 I have also actually peed on the stick before... it's literally hit or miss :lol:

@b_1029 Fx that you feel great after your second dose!  I was lucky enough to feel fine, but most of my family had some mild day after side effects.

@inthewoods23 yay extra PTO day!  because I've been WFH so far this year, I haven't taken many days off... I feel like I'll end up with extra vacation I have to squeeze in at the end of the year.

edited to add @anniemarie887 that is quite a productive day!  yay for being accomplished!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 22/10

Timing: pretty good I think

Typical LP length: 13ish but premom says 12

Testing: BFN this morning... glutton for punishment

R/R: Rave- I'm having lunch with my best friend at a Greek restaurant in town, I will be eating ALL the tzatziki

CS/Q: nothing I can think of... next month, when I actually keep up with temping

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 16/2

Timing: Meh

Typical LP length: 12

Testing: WFAF

R/R: I’m feeling much better today, thank you all for the support yesterday! DH and I had some quality time together last night which definitely helped. We’re starting to talk about planning our next big vacation for next spring which is exciting! Fighting hard mentally not to postpone things for the possibility of being pregnant and being excited about the trip regardless of where we are at that time.

CS/Q: Nope

• Options
    abjm0325abjm0325 member
    edited May 2021

@daisy0322 Haha! I’m with @bows22 that it never would have occurred to me to try to pee directly on the stick. So really you get bonus points for even trying.

@bows22 Great idea to focus on health habits during the wait. I need to get back to that focus too!

@b_1029 Yay for getting the vaccine! Hope you have a fun weekend.

@inthewoods23 Free PTO sounds awesome!

@anniemarie887 Great productive day off!

*edit to fix tag

• Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member

@Daisy22 I'm laughing so much at your story. I often pee on the stick too! I'll take your lesson and stop that  :D

@bows22 I think we will be back in the office soon too. It will be a total adjustment. I'm tired just thinking about it. And that is a good goal leading up to your surgery! 

@b_1029 Yay for the second dose, but also good luck. It was a doozy. Go get some Gatorade just in case lol. Your weekend sounds like it will be nice. I love those weekends when I can just be home and have no obligations. 

@inthewoods23 Your boss sounds awesome! Well, he did mess up a little, but he made up for it. I hope you enjoy your long weekend either way. Any fun plans?

@anniemarie887 Yay for checking things off your list. That always feels good. 

~

Month/Cycle: 4/3

CD/DPO: 19/2

Timing: -4,-3,-2,-1

Typical LP length: 15 or 16 days

Testing: Next Friday. I'd like to wait until next Saturday, but we are going camping for the weekend. So I'll test before we go. 

R/R: I am super busy at work right now and it has just been hard. A lot of my job is telling people no even though what they are asking for logically makes sense. It has been wearing on me this week. I have an appeal hearing tonight and I'm dreading it. Rave is that I am finally getting some understanding of my cycle since starting to TTC. I thought I was ovulating much earlier. 

• Options
    @kgg2241hVe fun zoo camping that sounds like a blast! Will you get to do any animal encounters? 

@abjm0325 work stress is no fun I’m sorry. Having to be the No person Is hard.

@jlbaker08 i love Greek food! Enjoy 😉 

• Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    @kgg2241 just me being in awe of your 4 days in a row timing. My tired a*s could never 😆 Sorry for all the work stress. 

@inthewoods23 oooo free PTO! Hope you just sit on your butt and chill! Sorry for the CH moving, I hate when that happens. 

@an@anniemarie887 sounds like a productive day! Also that reminds me I need to schedule my annual for July also

@jlbaker08 enjoy lunch!

@abjm0325 the “what if” sucks! I’d just book the vacation for next year, best case scenario you’ll have a LO with you. Or you could shift it accordingly. I know in the past I postponed a lot of things not knowing it was going to take 2 years (not saying it will for you but at a certain point I was like ok this needs to stop because I’ll literally never do anything). Where are you all thinking of going?

• Options

@jlbaker08 Hopefully you’re just testing too early!

@kgg2241 I’m sorry work has been so hard. As I have started moving up the ladder I definitely have more empathy for people in leadership roles than I used to.

@b_1029 Thanks! I’m definitely trying to take that perspective. We’re just dreaming right now, but maybe somewhere in Europe? We went to Portugal and Spain a few years ago and loved it, but maybe looking to go somewhere new this time.

• Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @b_1029 Not gonna lie, it was a struggle 😂. 

@Daisy22 we are just regular camping, but we are going into the wilderness, so ya never know what we might see. Hopefully nothing too close to camp lol.
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    @abjm0325 I love both those places! I lived in Spain for almost a year and had a chance to travel some around Europe. My favorites were probably Amsterdam, Italy (we went to Rome and Sorrento/ Naples), and Germany. But there are so many cool places and so many more I want to go...just need to win the lottery
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @inthewoods23 I was expecting to see your chart in the spoiler and laughed when I saw the gif. I love that one! That sucks about DH having to go back into the office!

@anniemarie887 yay productive day! I need one of those!

@jlbaker08 im sorry for the BFN!

@kgg2241 i hope your hearing tonignt goes better than you think!

@abjm0325 I agree with @b_1029, book the trip and deal with the details later if you have to. 

• Options

@b_1029 That’s so cool! Living in Europe and being able to travel around easily sounds amazing. I am definitely open to all of the recommendations!

• Options
    @kgg2241 ugh sorry I must be thinking of the wrong person my bad. Today is not my day lol 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    @daisy0322 wait...so you know someone that’s zoo camping? That’s a thing? If so I wanna do that
  • Options
    @b_1029 i swear I was just talking about camping at the zoo with someone the other day. However in full disclosure I’m dyslexic and sometimes misread things badly particularly if I’m stressed out. 🙄 like i had to fill out papers at a hospital one time and the social worker had to help me bad. Then other times I’m totally fine. So really who knows but now I’m questioning myself lol 
  • Options
    @anniemarie887 uggghhh yeah I need to schedule my pap! I was supposed to do that back in 2020. Whoops. My boss does definitely appreciate me. Now if only he could get on my coworkers case.

@jlbaker08 same, I haven't taken many either. Outside Christmas and New Years, I took 2 days off during one of the weeks DH was on furlough. We both were on furloughs but our weeks never overlapped. It was a bummer. Hope you had a good lunch today!

@abjm0325 glad you got some good quality time <3

@kgg2241 no big plans. I don't think there's supposed to be rain so I should be able to burn lots of wood! Add me to the work is draining me train. Ugh.

@b_1029 sleeping in a little bit is definitely in my plans for my day off haha. Camping at the zoo is totally a thing. Ours here calls it Snooze at the Zoo.

@bows22 you know that gif is so me :D I'll have to remember to post my chart tomorrow

My cat is SNORINNNNNNNG like an old man and it warms my heart after a crappy day. She's such a treasure.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @daisy0322 I’m mostly lurking this week but you’re not losing it or mixing things up. YES, someone said that they were going zoo camping! (I can’t remember which TB member this was.) I remember wondering if they were in San Diego because that zoo (the Safari Park location) has some amazing permanent tents set up that you can rent in their African savannah area. It looks like you’re really on an African safari. I’d love to do that one day. 
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @keikilove @daisy0322 I think it was @jlbaker08 ! Zoo camping does sound so fun 
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    Well shoot I want to do this now!!
  • Options
    @b_1029 We do too! How fun does this look? And the plains right across from the tents have free-roaming rhinos, giraffes, etc. Seems like the next best thing if we can’t get to Africa 🤷‍♀️ 

• Options
    @keikilove ahhh yes thank you 💕
  • Options
    @keikilove well damn! My brother keeps telling me to visit the San Diego zoo some day and now I really need to go!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @keikilove @daisy0322 @b_1029 It was me!! we are zoo camping this weekend!  We're setting up a little campsite outside the zoo and they provide dinner, activities, s'mores, breakfast, and a hike through the zoo.  I think there are some small animal encounters in the morning after we wake up.
    This is the sample itinerary:
    Day 1
    • 5:00 p.m. - Arrive at the Zoo
    • 5:15 p.m. - Introductions, rules and quick tour of Oak Hill/Hippo Beach area
    • 5:30 p.m. - Set-up tents and camping area
    • 6:00 p.m. - Icebreaker and time to get to know everyone
    • 6:15 p.m. - Dinner (e.g. angus beef burgers, all beef hotdogs, baked beans, potato chips, cookies, and drinks) Please note: vegetarian and dietary options available upon request.
    • 7:00 p.m. - African Safari Walk
    • 8:30 p.m. - Bathroom break/ free time
    • 9:00 p.m. - Nighttime activities (Everyone will be split into two groups for this portion of the evening; 1 group will do activities designed for younger audiences, 12 and under, and the other group will do activities designed for teenagers. It will be up to the families and individuals which group they want to go with.)
    • 9:30 p.m. - Campfire and s'mores
    • 10:30 p.m. - Bedtime/free time in/around your tent
    Day 2
    • 7:00 a.m. - Rise and shine
    • 7:45 a.m. - Breakfast (e.g., scrambled eggs, french toast sticks, fruit cups, potatoes, drinks)
    • 8:15 a.m. - Animal encounter
    • 9:00 a.m. - Pack out gear
    • 9:15 a.m. - Head home or into the Zoo for the day (must purchase tickets)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    kgg2241kgg2241 member
    @jlbaker08 say what!?! That is awesome. I need to move to a place with a cool zoo now. That sounds so fun. 
  • Options
    daisy0322daisy0322 member
    edited May 2021
    @jlbaker08 that sounds so fun! I’m totally jealous. I hope y’all have an awesome time!!! PS say hi to the prairie dogs for me if they have them I love those little dudes
  • Options
    bows22bows22 member
    @jlbaker08 they lost me at the 6 PM activity! 😂
  • Options
    b_1029b_1029 member
    @bows22 they lost me at the 3.5 hours till bathroom break 😂 The 6 pm activity sounds like my worst nightmare, idk why but I’m the worst at icebreakers