October 2021 Moms

Weekly Randoms w/o 5.10

Hope everyone had a great mother's day!
Funny Mothers Day GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Re: Weekly Randoms w/o 5.10

• gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited May 2021
    I keep having these dreams that baby is a girl. Testing said boy, and I am totally happy to be a boy mom and am so excited for another sweet boy, but these dreams are so weird. I told my mom, who googled progenity genetic results accuracy, who is now convinced I'm the one 1% who had wrong results  :D

edited because I can't type this morning.
  • madiiroseemadiirosee member
    edited May 2021
    I’m 19 weeks tomorrow and my anxiety is slowly creeping back in. Time feels like it’s flying by and I’m feeling overwhelmed like I still have so much to do while I juggle back and forth between feelings of so much excitement and just complete fear.
    Birth doesn’t scare me nearly as much as the whole really big life change afterwards part. 
    I know we’re as ready as any first time parents can be, maybe I just need some reassurance from those moms who already have kiddos 🥲
  • Loading the player...
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    edited May 2021
    @madiirosee  Aww I remember feeling the same way as a first time mom! Totally normal!! It's definitely a crazy new adventure.  I'm one of those people who didn't like playing with other people's kids (I was always unsure how to hold/feed babies and bored with little kids pretend games) 😅 so I was super nervous about becoming a mom but it's been fantastic (mostly 😉) and it's funny what you find fun and cute when they're your own creatures (now working on our 4th)! 

It's amazing how quickly you figure everything out...and when you aren't sure Google is always fun. Also, find a local moms group...that helped me feel more at peace with the unknowns and chaos because I had other friends going through the same thing! We also kept doing everything we did before baby (travel, restaurants, adventures) just with baby in tow and a slightly earlier bedtime 🙃

And don't stress too much about everything you need to get done. First few months, baby needs diapers, crib, "milk" and snuggles...so start there and get to the rest as it comes!! 
  • @kandb4 love your response, thank you! I figure of course how I’m feeling is totally normal. 
    But I think you’re right, it’s just a learn as you go for the most part type of experience. I can’t predict it all 😂
    I know baby will be so loved and cared for and I need to tell myself that’s the main thing that matters. It’s just easy to get lost in all of the details. 
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited May 2021
    I'm wearing maternity pants today -- first time this pregnancy! But I'm in that awkward in-between stage where my regular pants are too snug, but maternity pants are too loose since my bump doesn't quite fill out the panel. I don't want to wish away time, but I'm ready to be 20+ weeks when my bump is bigger. I feel more confident in later pregnancy and I love the look of having a baby bump! 🥰
  • @madiirosee, you got this, mama! I remember that feeling so well when I was pregnant with DD. I promise you will get all the important stuff done. And even if you don't all the stuff that seems "important" now sudden just.... isn't important when the baby arrives. All that matters is that you have food, shelter, and love! All the other things will fall into place. ❤
  • I wish I could feel the baby more. I know its normal not to at this point,  but it really eases my anxiety when I can feel them moving. I'm 16w 4 days. 
  • @vampirina, SAME. I'm at the end of our BMB month, so it's hard to read everyone else feeling their baby move. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for everyone! I'm just still in the phase of asking myself, "Is that the baby or gas?" 🤦‍♀️
  • noprobalonoprobalo member
    edited May 2021
    Edit: Sorry, realized too late I should have treated my post as a trigger warning.

@madiirosee I'm feeling the opposite today. Just sheer terror of every aspect of labor and delivery --
    pain, needles, blood, being immobilized, not being listened to, having a panic attack, having epidural complications, not getting an epidural in time or having it not work, tearing, emergency c-sections, my husband being disgusted and horrified.

The more I learn about what to expect, the more afraid I am. It was a tough day, and I cried more than I have in a while. 😞

• @vampirina @galentine SAMMMMMME! I use my doppler way more than I intended to check on him because panic that I can’t feel him move. I was able to feel DD by this point (with an anterior placenta) and DH could feel kicks at 20+3. Feels like it’s never going to happen!
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @noprobalo I’m so sorry 😢 I hope you can find some peace regarding it maybe as the time gets closer and you’re feeling more ready. It’s not that I’m not nervous or scared.. I think I just am thinking so far ahead to after the birth more. 
  • @noprobalo those fears are so natural but so hard to deal with. ❤️ When the time comes, you won’t remember many of those fears, you’ll just be ready to meet the sweetest thing to ever enter your world. 
    TTC History

• @madiirosee Definitely understand. My husband skipped everything and went straight to paying for college as the thing he was going to worry about. 🙂

@chindimples04 Thank you for the reassurance. This doesn't feel natural or normal, though. I feel like I got hit by the depression/phobia bus. I've never felt anything that sudden or intense before without some triggering event. Planning to bring it up at my upcoming MFM appointment. Hopefully they can help me.
  • @noprobalo I think it’s a great idea to talk with your MFM about it. I hope they are able to offer some suggestions to make you feel more like you. ❤️
    TTC History

• @galentine not lame AT all. Hubby and I lived with my dad for two years and didn’t have a dishwasher. I basically washed everything those two years by hand. Now we’ve been in our townhome since September and I still get a boost of serotonin when I run the dishwasher 🤣🤣🤣
  • gingermama46gingermama46 member
    edited May 2021
    @galentine @madiirosee I love it! We got a new dishwasher when DS was born. A) it was from a scratch and dent place with a tiny scratch but way cheaper, and B ) had the top rack silverware tray and we thought we were so fancy and talked about it how that was the life for wees after  :D

• Speaking of our lives getting so lame, I get a big rush from doing a good deep clean. Like, last weekend when my husband took my daughter to his mom's house and I had the day to myself, I cleaned out washing machine and dishwasher by running a cycle on high heat with white vinegar. So nice.
  • @galentine not lame! We don't have a dishwasher and no place to put one. The thing I look forward to most when we move is definitely a dishwasher! We need one so badly. 
  • I love having a dishwasher. When DH and I  were living with my parents my husband was dead against using a dishwasher. Now that we have our own home, he actually loves it. I rather clean my bathroom than was dishes any day of the week 
  • @pizzaplz omg tell me why there’s nothing like the smell of hot vinegar running in something and cleaning supplies on a sunny day with the windows open and a candle lit. Seriously, it’s so comforting LOL 
  • @vampirina that sounds amazing! Enjoy!!