Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits w/o 5.9

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?

How's everything going? Any recent wins?

What has you motivated or struggling this week?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 5.9

• What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week?  Getting back into healthy eating.  This past week was bad.

How's everything going? Any recent wins?  I am 29 days alcohol free today.  I seriously contemplated a glass of wine at dinner last night but I am so glad I passed on it. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week?  My clothes are fitting better since I gave up the wine but the scale isn't moving.  I need to get back on track this week. 
    TTC History:
    Started dating DH 2006 . Married 2015

TTC July 2015-November 2015
    BFP November 2015
    Baby boy born August 2016

Oops BFP February 2021
    MMC March 2021

Back on BC for a year to decide what we want to do.

TTC Since March 2022
    MMC June 2022

BFP September 2022 - Due June 2023!

• @ReadyForaB great work on the alcohol!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? I think I want to start abstaining from alcohol in the TWW. Is it bad that that makes me want a boat load of wine on Wednesday when I (maybe) ovulate? 😂

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I’ve been doing well with alternative workouts with my broken toe. I’ve even done a couple peloton rides without much pain. Trying to be patient with the healing. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I just feel puffy and bloated and it’s not even PMS yet. I need to focus on water this week because I’m dragging. 
  • Loading the player...
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Only eating 1-2 meals we didn’t make at home. The last month or so has been crazy with moving and I’ve meal prepped like once. Eating out is delicious but our wallets and waistlines need a break. I feel gross. I need to find some good recipes I can throw together while I work since I didn’t meal prep over the weekend. Also, going to the gym at least 3x

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Nope, this is my accountability post!

What has you motivated or struggling this week? Everything 😩 I know once I get back into the habit of meal prep and going to the gym I’ll feel so much better, but I’m so tired (prob from bad nutrition and never exercising...) and unmotivated.  
  • @ReadyForaB 29 days is awesome! Keep it up!

@rachelredhead hey if it's O day, that still doesn't count as the TWW! lol

@b_1029 I'm so bad at meal prep too. The last couple lunches during the work week have been bowls of cereal because anything of substance would be a hodge podge of things since I forget to toss chicken in the fridge the night before to thaw.

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Figured I'd start popping back in here to help curb all the soda and sugar. DH is a lost cause trying to get him to stop having so much Mountain Dew, but I'm trying to keep my sugar intake to a minimum. My goal is to have soda EOD max and if I do have a dessert I'll try to keep it to 1 serving.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? I think I'm doing pretty good with the soda lately. I bought a new brand of sparkling water and that really helps keep soda away. It's in a can and it fizzes - checks all the boxes that soda does without all the sugar. I bought a big bag of skittles to share with DH though and I'm not keeping that to 1 serving after my meals. Whoops :#

What has you motivated or struggling this week? The other day I was thinking about how nice it would be to buy a bag of Smarties candy :yum:
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @ReadyForaB that is quite an accomplishment, great job!

@rachelredhead my kinda gal lol. I kind of indulged a little on O day honestly. Tried to be good the rest of the TWW, including on Mother's Day! It is tough when my husband is having cocktails lol. But I really limited to 1 or 2 drinks. Generally nothing during the week days. 

@b_1029 Meal prep is so rough, but once its done its so worth it because you don't have to think or spend any more money on food!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Getting back into my walking. Weather wasn't ideal and I didn't have enough time last Thursday and Sunday. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Going ok! Behaving myself with weekend cocktails in the TWW which I consider a win. lol.  I also kept my dinners very low to no carb this weekend. I fell off last night when I ordered pasta with meat sauce, but I had it with a huge salad sooooooo........

What has you motivated or struggling this week? Ugh, the scale on Monday kills me all the time. I didn't even go too crazy, but things fell off of routine since our anniversary was Friday (celebrated Thursday+Friday) and Mother's Day Sunday. 
  • @ReadyForaB Great job on cutting the alcohol! 

@boymama2018 All things in moderation.😉 Sounds like you’ve been doing great until your anniversary weekend. Who could blame you? 

@inthewoods23 Yes, the sparkling water is so perfect when replacing soda. Keep up the good work!

@rachelredhead I missed what happens with your toes. Glad it’s feeling better. FWIW, many of us drink alcohol on CD1.😉

@b_1029 I’m impressed that you’re checking in here! TW: LC
    Not sure if you’re familiar, but there’s a really fun program called Stroller Strides for moms of babies/toddlers to get together and work out in a group with their children in the strollers. It’s actually a killer workout too, not just leisurely strolling. It’s a great way to connect with other moms too during the isolating first years. Might be worth seeing if anyone in your area is leading a class. 

I am super struggling this week—just tired, unmotivated, and bored of all the food in our house—so also posting to hold myself accountable. 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? I must move my body at least 5 days this week and get my heart rate up. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? It’s very blah this week. I started last week having lost some pounds, but this week they are back. I’ve just been feeling really tired and yucky. I’ve been taking walks but eating more calories, I guess. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? DH surprised me with an Apple Watch as an early bday present. So I’m getting used to it and aiming to close all the rings everyday. I’m still wearing my Fitbit on my other wrist and the two are not tracking my steps the same at all. Yesterday my Fitbit shorted me almost 2,000 steps compared to the Apple Watch, but today the Apple Watch has shorted me about 1,000 steps compared to the Fitbit. I will keep wearing both like a nerd for a few more days until I can determine which one is most reliable. 

• Happy Early Birthday @keikilove!!! 🎉
    MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @ReadyForaB you go girl! While I don’t stay totally “dry” I rarely drink at home, it’s more of a social thing for me. 
    @rachelredhead ugh injuries are the worst. It reminds me I’m getting old, I’m on week 6 of a strained pectoral muscle and it SUCKS. 
    @b_1029 I always know I’ve maxed out on eating out when none of it even sounds appetizing, lol
    @inthewoods23 I feel ya on the sugar, I do love a fountain soda and chocolate. 
    @boymama2018 salad always helps with pizza and pasta!!
    @keikilove I hope you start loving your Apple Watch, and happy birthday!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Getting back on the peloton after an unintended very slow April.

How's everything going? Any recent wins? Slow, and a little creaky. Got in the chiro 2 weeks ago, and sneaking in an extra one this Wednesday too. 
    My SI joint is being cranky, so I’m running back through my core program. Gotta remember strengthening my core will make my back feel better!

What has you motivated or struggling this week? Motivated to feel better, hopefully less tired and blah. 
  • Reading everyone's posts & ~here with y'all~ but feeling very unmotivated to interact; lurking ish this week but dropping this update. 

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Daily water, daily walks. I kept up with it last week, focusing on it this month to establish the routine. 

How's everything going? Any recent wins? So, so many to do lists but things are getting done, so that's something. 

What has you motivated or struggling this week? I'm focused on my physical health; I'm underweight for health condition reasons, and so I'm trying to get up to a healthier weight for TTC. It is so, so hard for me to gain weight and maintain it, so I'm trying not to let it stress me out and instead focusing on the healthy habits of exercising & diet changes that I know help me gain & keep weight. It's been years since I've had to keep a food diary to avoid medical problems, so I'm trying to balance what I know are good diet choices and that level of monitoring. (Nothing wrong with it; I've had to do food diaries a lot over the years, but I definitely prefer not having to keep one.) 
  • jlbaker08jlbaker08 member
    edited May 2021
    @ReadyForaB Congrats on 29 days!  
    @rachelredhead @anniemarie887 I love Peloton... I do the poor man's version though.  I use the app for the workouts but bought a cheapie spin bike on Amazon and just pretend I know what the cadence and resistance is supposed to be.
    @b_1029 I feel you.  I always know what will make be feel better (working out and prepping healthy meals) but it's so hard to get the ball rolling sometimes.  Good luck!
    @inthewoods23 Smarties are so good!  anytime someone from work goes up to Canada or oversees, they always bring back Smarties to share.
    @boymama2018 I also fell off this weekend, it's okay though, it's a new day!  (I was still off the wagon yesterday too and ate WAAAAAYYY too many snacks)
    @keikilove that's a good goal, maybe solo dance parties are in order to move your body :lol:  also happy early birthday 
    wattpad  Just a bunch of songs I love to hear Mostly are my brothers  favorite too well what   Happy birthday illustration Birthday wishes  gif Birthday gif
    @beakay8 I have not been on that side of the "scale" so to speak, but I can imagine it's just as hard when you can't gain weight and keep it on.  I hope you're able to meet your goals!

What habits, goals, or resolutions are you focusing on this week? Get back to making healthy choices.  My mom visited this weekend and we ate tons of stuff I don't normally eat when she's not around.  

How's everything going? Any recent wins?  I have been making recipes from Skinny Taste and they've mostly turned out well.  I made tomato basil soup in the instant pot last night that was pretty good, no heavy cream in it so it's healthier, although I did wish it was creamier.

What has you motivated or struggling this week? snacking, I'm feeling very snacky and being at home makes it too easy to eat whatever I find in the kitchen

Edited to fix my spelling boo-boos
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• @jlbaker08 have you used the app for non-bike workouts? One good thing about the broken toe is that it got me off the bike more and I really fell in love with strength workouts. Tried Pilates for the first time, did more of the yoga stuff. It’s just such a great app! 
  • @jlbaker08 haha I'm not Canadian so I'm not talking about those candies. I mean these!
    5 things to know about Smarties the 70-year-old family candy company

You know, the candy everybody used to pretend they were popping pills :D
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @rachelredhead tunde's arm workouts are the best.
  • @inthewoods23 :lol: hahaha, I really thought you were talking about the chocolate ones!  I like both kinds, I don't discriminate when it comes to candy
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers