January 2022 Moms

Monthly symptoms thread (May)

It's still so quiet here, so I'll try to kick off another discussion! 

How is everyone feeling? Still pretty early for us, but I'm sure I'm not the only one not feeling 100% right now!

Figured we could try monthly for the time being since there are so few of us right now, but I'll have to do is change the title if we want it weekly or biweekly 😉

Re: Monthly symptoms thread (May)

• It is super quiet in here!

I am feeling nauseas, bloated, every now and again I get a little cramping which quickly goes away. Oh and my boobs. They hurt. I haven't yet made my first appointment yet to see the doctor, which I plan to do today. 

How is everyone else feeling this Monday 
  • Feeling pretty good overall. My typical first trimester is not wanting to eat anything for breakfast (everything sounds awful), coffee will probably sound awful within the next couple weeks, and I feel like a nauseated lump right after dinner. Boobs hurt off an on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited May 2021
    I've had non stop light cramping for about a week, but my bloating has gone down, thankfully! Nausea has come and gone, and last night came back and I think is here to stay. With my last, my nausea was worse at night and was better (but not good lol) during the day, and it seems that trend is continuing. Boobs are kinda starting to hurt now, but it was never that bad last time, so I'm not expecting "my milk came in" type pain 😂

Just went in for my 2nd beta this (my gyno doesn't really do every 48 hrs, so mine will be a week apart) and I'm still anxious about everything. But I figure my symptoms getting slightly worse is a good sign. 

@firewife2021 I was putting off calling my OB FOREVER and DH finally told me to stop stalling so I called Friday. My gyno/PCP is a different person so I've been doing my early blood work with her. I figure that they don't see me until 7-8 weeks anyway, so why bother?? 

Eta more tags:

@lisa3379 wow, hit the nail on the head with the "nauseated lump" description 😂 glad coffee still sounds good for you, fingers crossed the aversion holds out as long as possible!
  • @pajamstagrams Fingers crossed for a good beta increase for you today! I'm also not sure when to call my OB. I'm still under my RE's care until week 8, and they said they'd send over my records to my OB, and I wouldn't have an appointment there until at least week 8... I guess there's no harm in giving them the heads up? 
  • The bloat is real! And my boobs are SO tender. Also having some issues with (TMI) constipation. Occasional cramping here and there too. 

I haven't had any issues with nausea or food aversions yet. I looked at my last pregnancy journal, which seems so long ago, and I had notes that aversions kicked in around 5 weeks, so I'm anticipating that will be happening soon. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oh I'm also hungry like all the time now! Trying to eat healthy. With my LO cravings didn't kick in until later. Hopefully the same with this one. Lol 
  • Still trying to process. So far feeling occasional quick cramps. Feeling exhausted already. Not sure if that's pregnancy or my 3 other kids. Probably both. Mostly just anxiousness. 
  • @magalina_h sooooo bloated and @firewife2021 I'm also hungry all the time! but also I'm having some weird aversions already (plain water, rice, french fries, eggs). This is my first, so I have no idea what to expect or anything!
  • @magalina_h sooooo bloated and @firewife2021 I'm also hungry all the time! but also I'm having some weird aversions already (plain water, rice, french fries, eggs). This is my first, so I have no idea what to expect or anything!
    I had an aversion to eggs (especially the scrambled kind) when I was pregnant with my first. Couldn't even stand the smell. And of course at the time my husband was making them daily in the microwave. 🤢
  • queasy stomach hit several times today. Which is kinda early I thought. With the boys I wasnt really sick. With DD I stayed sick. Coukd that mean this is a girl too? Guess we will have to wait and see. ...
  • Ugh I feel like I have no symptoms other than a missed period and positive pregnancy test. I should be 5 weeks tomorrow. A few days ago I was nauseous a little bit. Sometimes I get a bit of a headache or cramp that lasts maybe a moment. But I feel like this all the time! 😝 And I would say tired but I’m also not sleeping great cus of the excitement!
  • Well, my typical nausea in the evenings kicked in yesterday. I could barely eat dinner and then felt awful after I did eat. Didn't mind it too much, to be honest, haha. 
  • I ate breakfast but couldn't finish it and felt kind of sick after. Now my stomach is doing flip flops and absolutely nothing sounds good to me. And of course DH keeps asking me "what do you want for dinner tonight?!" Nothing. I don't want to think about food. 
  • magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited May 2021
    And the all day "morning" sickness has officially hit. Ugh. It's like that pit in stomach, hung over feeling. It's the worst! Anyone else?
  • @magalina_h today was the first day that "pit in my stomach" feeling lingered past 8 am. Mostly gone away now (especially after I worked out? 🤔) , but I imagine it will come back earlier tonight. Thankfully I still have no food aversions!! 
  • firewife2021firewife2021 member
    edited May 2021
    The bloat has gotten so real. I'd swear I'm already showing lmao but I'm so bloated. Anyone else??
  • laurabridgetlaurabridget member
    edited May 2021
    Ugh anyone have really bad acne on your chin/jaw line?! I look crazy! Damn hormones 😆 But it’s still my only symptom and the only thing making me “feel” pregnant right now so I’ll take it!
  • @firewife2021 I'm pretty bloated too... if the pants don't have an elastic waist band or are super high waisted and go past the bloat, I'm not wearing them 😂 

@laurabridget no acne yet, but I remember having a few more breakouts last time. Acne is the worst when pregnant, because I feel like you can't use anything on it! (I'm still not comfortable with low % salicylic acid).

I got my first pregnancy migraine last night, and it's stilllll here this morning. Forgot how fun it is to have these because there's literally nothing you can do about them. (we all know Tylenol is a joke) I'm probably going to push the 200 mg caffeine limit today and see if that helps. 😖

• @laurabridget oh yeah, lots of break outs on my chin

@firewife2021 so much bloat. This is my fifth pregnancy and my body is apparently just going all in. I told my mom Friday and she said yeah from the side I was kinda wondering 😂 So I got my maternity clothes out of her shed and I’m just embracing it 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • I've been having cramps everyday, first pregnancy where this has been the case. I have night time nausea... and my boobs hurt. 😅 I have triple Ds so wondering if I'm going to be growing again this time 😅😅😅. 

I have my first ultrasound Friday...

My HCG levels doubled really fast when I was only three weeks 😅 I joined when I was at 32 hcg 3 weeks 4 days, and at 3 weeks and 6 I was at 103 🙃. And I still took another test last week because I'm still in shock 😅🤣
  • Weeelll I knew I was pregnant since I’ve been a week late, I have been procrastinating taking a test and was going to do it Monday. But the DH said why not today since its Mothers-day ☺️ So yeah.. BFP!! Whoop whoop 😄

Happy Mothers-day to all of us!

Other than that, sore breasts, some pressure in my lower belly. But I guess i’m lucky to not feel any nausea or have acne.
  • I am STRUGGLING today! I was so exhausted all day yesterday and went to bed at like 8pm. Woke up this morning at 6am and just could not get out of bed. I'm still so tired today but dragged my behind into work for the day.

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what to expect! Any tips for exhaustion?
  • I am STRUGGLING today! I was so exhausted all day yesterday and went to bed at like 8pm. Woke up this morning at 6am and just could not get out of bed. I'm still so tired today but dragged my behind into work for the day.

This is my first pregnancy so I'm not sure what to expect! Any tips for exhaustion?
    Just a lot of rest! It gets better in second trimester. Well for me it did at least! 
  • @Knottieb5c7085731bdfb62 the exhaustion is REAL. Best advice is just to rest as much as you can, when you can.  
  • Anyone else experiencing just "mild" symptoms? I am worried that I don't feel "sick" enough...(which is totally crazy). I'm tired (but then again, I always am), and my boobs are achy/sore, but whatever nausea/queasiness I had last week is gone (for now). I'm still so early that I'm sure it's all coming...but the anxiety is fierce.
  • @fifilala516 meeeeee. I'm a mess because I feel so normal. The first week I found out I had some nausea and major exhaustion, but that's all gone away, so it was probably in my head. The only thing I've got now is some mild morning sickness (but still no food aversions), a generally slightly reduced appetite, especially in the morning, and bloating. I keep telling myself this is normal, and last time, I didn't start logging consistent nausea until 6 weeks, so I'm hopeful (lol?)that I see something here in a couple days. 
  • The crazy thing about symptoms is that just about anything is normal.  It's normal to have a symptom and it's normal to not have it. And it's not even consistent from pregnancy to pregnancy. A total mind f*ck for sure. 

Isn't it weird to wish for morning sickness?  I feel SO sick, and I hate this feeling.  I just want to feel good. But at the same time, I'm grateful for it. 
  • All too familiair! Bar the sore boobs I have no symptoms at all. And i’ve had two miscarriages previously (two in a row). So yeah, I hear you, no symptoms is a little frightening. 

Had my bloodwork done today, as per usual they couldn't find any veins so I got stabbed 3 times before they had any success. I was supposed to come in on Wednesday again but I received the good news that all my levels were well above average so I was told all is well and no need to check m on Wednesday. 

My mom told me not to worry as she had no pregnancy symptoms at all when carrying me, and didnt start show until 8 months along. So... here’s hoping. 🤞🏼

Hang in there ladies! 
  • sheenacosheenaco member
    edited May 2021
    I am worried about feeling too good as well. Today I am 6 weeks and 2 days. Last week I had a day of nausea but that was it. But dont feel that off minus being exhausted. Waiting for the nausea to kick in. I have some bloating, boobs are slightly sore, really tired, cramping off and on, but nothing major then I start to think it is in my head. We have 7 week ultrasound next Thursday. It doesnt seem real... I did have some sharp pains on my left side made me a bit worried tonight but nothing else. 
    3 Adopted kids: <3 20 year old girl, <3 12 year old boy, <3 11 year old boy.....4th GIRL DUE Jan 5th, 2022!!!!!!

Fertility Journey starts in 2019 at one clinic to have our own. Using donor sperm, his isnt well after multiple testing- genetics. 
    We tried 3 IUI in 2019, then switched in April 2020. 

April 19th, 2021 1st FET cycle 1st HCG April 30-176.9  2nd HCG May 3- 591 7 week ultrasound May 20th went well HB 140 baby measured 7 weeks 1 day sac measured 7 weeks 2 days June 1st 9 week ultrasound June 11th 1st apt with new OBGYN- no ultrasound just a physical, labs, protein urine collection. June 14th blood work with fertility- no changes to medications continue to decrease, June 21st last blood work with fertility graduated now on to OBGYN only. June 25th 12 week NT saw the nose, arms, and legs everything normal!!! July 23rd check in with OBGYN-  heartbeat is 150! August 18th 20 week ultrasound went GREAT! Aug 19th check in with the OBGYN. Sept 15th 24 week echocardiogram normal! Sept 17th OBGYN apt heard the heartbeat! Oct 15th baby is 3.5 pounds Oct 19th OBGYN apt 28 weeks Oct 28th paperwork apt with new provider 

.....Next: Nov 2nd first apt new clinic Nov 4th OBGYN apt Nov 8th OBGYN apt Nov 10th OBGYN apt, Nov 12th Maternal Fetal 32 week ultrasound, Nov 15 OBGYN apt Nov 17th OBGYN apt 
  • @sheenaco but you do have symptoms! ☺️ Boobs are slightly sore, exhausted, cramping on and off, some bloating... those are all wonderful symptoms to have. Your appt in next Thursday. Don’t fret. Hang in there! Sending happy healthy vibes for you and your baby. 

Meanwhile I am at 6 weeks today. And have no symptoms at all. My boobs were getting sore last week but the soreness had disappeared. No bloating, no nausea, no exhaustion, absolutely nothing. I’ve had two MC’s in a row... my U/S is May 25th and I have to admit i’m starting to get worried... 😳
  • @sheenaco @marijke1987 hang in there! 💕 It is what it is going to be.. I feel for you. My first (&only) pregnancy I didn't have many symptoms for the first few months.. (little dizzy, some cold flashes, fatigue, hunger.. but all those were not that often). I remember wishing I felt more pregnant! 
  • @fifilala516 hang in there too! Do things you love now that require bending over and stuff.. it's gets harder later 😂
  • It is hard to wait that is for sure wanting an answer.  It is hard when the symptoms come and go because then I dont feel pregnant enough
    3 Adopted kids: <3 20 year old girl, <3 12 year old boy, <3 11 year old boy.....4th GIRL DUE Jan 5th, 2022!!!!!!

Fertility Journey starts in 2019 at one clinic to have our own. Using donor sperm, his isnt well after multiple testing- genetics. 

April 19th, 2021 1st FET cycle 1st HCG April 30-176.9  2nd HCG May 3- 591 7 week ultrasound May 20th went well HB 140 baby measured 7 weeks 1 day sac measured 7 weeks 2 days June 1st 9 week ultrasound June 11th 1st apt with new OBGYN- no ultrasound just a physical, labs, protein urine collection. June 14th blood work with fertility- no changes to medications continue to decrease, June 21st last blood work with fertility graduated now on to OBGYN only. June 25th 12 week NT saw the nose, arms, and legs everything normal!!! July 23rd check in with OBGYN-  heartbeat is 150! August 18th 20 week ultrasound went GREAT! Aug 19th check in with the OBGYN. Sept 15th 24 week echocardiogram normal! Sept 17th OBGYN apt heard the heartbeat! Oct 15th baby is 3.5 pounds Oct 19th OBGYN apt 28 weeks Oct 28th paperwork apt with new provider 

.....Next: Nov 2nd first apt new clinic Nov 4th OBGYN apt Nov 8th OBGYN apt Nov 10th OBGYN apt, Nov 12th Maternal Fetal 32 week ultrasound, Nov 15 OBGYN apt Nov 17th OBGYN apt 
  • @sheenaco when ever i have pain on the left side i remind myself that gas originates from the left side ! 

I am trying to compare this pregnancy to my last - i was horrifically sick and tired- as of now i am fine 90% of the time . I know with my daughter i was about 6 weeks when I found out and I found out at 4 weeks because we are doing fertility treatments- my HCG numbers are good and increasing  our embryo was genetically tested and we had a perfect embryo and no history of miscarriage…but i am still worried. Anyone else ? 
  • @rachelzank this describes me 100%. I found out at 5 weeks with DD (she was a surprise baby) and didn't have any symptoms before. But then I had pretty bad nausea after. This time I found out at 3 weeks and everything is so different. I keep expecting my nausea to be worse by now, but I have to tell myself every pregnancy is different. 
  • @pajamstagrams I keep saying that too! Also this time i am on all the meds and i am thinking my body is normalizing the hormones so im
    not feeling everything as intensely- although at this stage in my pregnancy last time, i had no symptoms and got real drunk at a party cause i was “certain “ I wasn’t pregnant- so maybe the wave crashes on me next week 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • @pajamstagrams when is your ultrasound? We have our 7 week ultrasound Thursday-- fingers crossed everything is okay!

• @sheenaco I have to wait til 8 weeks!! Best wishes and prayers.. 💕
  • @sheenaco my U/S got bumped up to this Friday.
  • Y’all. It’s like the minute I hit 6 weeks my nausea and fatigue kicked into overdrive