Weekly Check-In w/o 5/10

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? (Stolen from S21)

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 5/10

• Loading the player...
  • @aztecash that is adorable on the ultrasound, since it was a boutique place, were you able to get pictures/videos? Hope you can take it easy today to rest from the zoo. We went last weekend and I felt the same way last Monday.
  • @gingermama46 Yes, we got pictures which is nice because I swear the u/s machine that my OB uses is older than I am, so these were the first decent pictures I've gotten. They even did 4D for us even though that is supposed to cost more. Have you done your glucose test yet? If so, how'd it go? I had to do an early one too. It was a pain, but I'd prefer my OB to be overly cautious when it comes to my baby.

Ooh ooh, I do have a question: Has anyone done the quad screen (2nd tri genetic testing) or had it recommended? I was told to do it despite my NIPT coming back low risk for everything. From what I've read online, usually you do NIPT or quad screen, not both. 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17+4, 10/15

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a large onion

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming appointments: next week

How are you feeling?: Good, just tired! The weather has gotten really hot, which really takes it out of me. I have to be careful to stay hydrated and not overdo it normally, and extra so with a pregnancy! 

Rants/Raves: We did a family day at the beach Friday. It was so fun. My daughter (almost 2) loved it and I loved seeing how much fun she had playing in the water. Then of course I spent too much time that evening looking up beach cottage rentals 😅

Questions: 🤷🏼‍♀️

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Child King Arthur from The Sword in the Stone. I thought he was so cute 😆

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18w 5days EDD October 6th 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a postcard 😳

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming appointments: My anatomy scan is next Friday 5/21! So excited  

How are you feeling?: pretty good. Low back still hurts but what’s new. I’m starting to feel some anxiety as I reach the 20w mark. After my anatomy scan my plan is to choose our child care plan with hubby and get started on the nursery. DH  has been working sooo much (he does taxes) that he hasn’t been around much. Next week he will finally slow down! 

Rants/Raves: I’ve posted this in a few other threads but- Friday at my appt my midwife found the baby with her hand over my tummy and I got to literally like, cup the baby with my hand. It was soooo cool but I went home after and cried because I was overwhelmed 😂😂

Questions: where are you guys signing up for classes? And what types of classes? 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? (Stolen from S21) Paul walker. I was so crushed when he passed away 😢

• @aztecash it was just offered to me too at my last appointment but hubby and I declined because she said it’s not any more accurate than what they would see on the anatomy scan. 
  • aztecashaztecash member
    edited May 2021
    @madiirosee For my first, we took the full 6 (?) week labor and delivery readiness course offered by the hospital. They went over pain managment, breathing, labor positions, and probably a bunch of other stuff. It was really informative and I'm thinking of doing a refresher course this time around. We did an infant care course, which was fine. I still can't swaddle to save my life. We also took infant CPR. My only take-away from that one was that all babies are trying to kill themselves and all children will try to kill babies out of jealousy. FWIW, I think it could have been a worthwhile course had the focus been on procedures and not fearmongering.

Edit to delete a letter...
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 17+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: baby hedgehog

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4tm

Upcoming appointments: may 20... anatomy scan and appt

How are you feeling?: Feeling good! Back is starting to ache if I sit too long in one position, so I'm starting prenatal yoga videos again

Rants/Raves: I really hate grocery shopping/meal planning for the week. I'm in a meal rut

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush?: Jonathan Taylor Thomas 😍

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18+0 (Oct. 12)
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Side of guac; baby's brain now controls his heart 🧠
    Upcoming appointments: 2 weeks till the anatomy scan
    How are you feeling?: A little bored. Other than treating a yeast infection, which seems to be gone (yay!), there hasn't been much to really do or think about. So I've started thinking about making and freezing extra portions of dinners I cook. Anyone got any easy go-tos that freeze well?
    Rants/Raves: Rant -- I've had it with the neighbors' dogs. They don't have a fence, a tie-out, or any recall ability, and they're routinely left unsupervised. Plus there are now two new puppies for a total of 5. Yesterday they attacked another neighbor's lawnmower. So now I'm in the market for a stun baton that fits in a stroller caddy. 😠 Rave -- Our next door neighbors had their baby, and they gave him a name that wasn't on our list. So we can formalize our name choice. Would have been weird to have two kids with the same name that close.
    Questions: How do you like my chances of being able to put together a crib at 32 weeks? My registry completion discount on Amazon doesn't kick in till then, and it would save about $40. But I'm not sure how many pieces they come in or how much time I'll be able to spend sitting on the floor. Hubby is...not the most patient at putting furniture together.
    GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? First I really remember is Antonio Banderas in Zorro, lol
  • @aztecash so glad you got pictures that is so special!! I passed with a 116 which is still high. So I appreciate my doctor looking out. I'll go back between 24-28 weeks for the 1 hour. I just miss my old OB, with the office changes, she doesn't go to the new office, which is 5 minutes away from home, and the location she does rounds for is too far right now. Hoping she'll end up on call when baby comes! 

@madiirosee we did a childbirth class and a breastfeeding class. I got a lot from the birthing class and knowing about different pain management and methods was important. DS ended up coming out with a vacuum, so knowing what that was was helpful during delivery. DH also got a LOT out of that class. I also enjoyed the nursing class and it was super helpful. Though I think the most helpful part with nursing was asking my July 2019 TB group and a mom friend for advice, since every little one is different!
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 27/15+6

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Baby can hear and sense light/size of a cootie catcher

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan on June 10 😭😭😭 So far away.

How are you feeling?: Actually really good. It’s been a very nice change! 

Rants/Raves: DH epically failed Mother’s Day. He didn’t say anything to me until after I said I hurt I was that he didn’t acknowledge Mother’s Day. No card, no post, no wish, no gift, no sleeping in, no special meal, nothing. DD is 2, she can’t do it in her own and he has to be the one to do it and teach her to do it. So that sucked. Rave was that we met our newest niece this weekend and DD was amazing with her. So gentle and thoughtful, kept asking to hug, hold, and kiss her (hugging and holding only allowed). Made me so excited to see her become a big sister!

Questions: Nope. 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? (Stolen from S21) Aaron Carter (did I give away my age? 🤣)

@noprobalo by yourself, slime. With help, easily!

@madiirosee we had signed up for the newborn essential class for our first, but ended up being induced before I could take the class. I don’t feel like I missed out on anything major, but I’ve also been surrounded by kids and babies since I was 6.

TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @chindimples04 Sucks that your husband screwed up, I'm sorry. Once you have to say something, there's no recovery option available to him. It always feels bad to me to have to tell someone to be thoughtful; then I feel selfish, and anything they do feels hollow.
  • @babybelugaco Welcome! I saw your intro and was confused at first since I thought you already intro'd. And that's how you know I stalk other BMBs too much. I was a JC girl, but my best friend at the time was really into Lance. 
  • Thank you all for your suggestions! I did find some classes through the birthing center I plan to have my little one at so I’m planning on signing up for those. 

@chindimples04 ugh I’m sorry. Although this is my first baby, my hubby says he got me a gift that still hasn’t been delivered and kind of acted like a lazy butt all day which disappointed me. I’ve been keeping our place really clean since he’s working a lot, but my lower back has been killing be so it would’ve been nice for him to do - something - unprompted 🤦🏻‍♀️ Anyway happy belated Mother’s Day to you! I think you’re a rockstar! 
  • @aztecash honestly I may have? I can't remember and didn't feel like scrolling to check. I know I had at least thought about it before 
  • Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: October 12 - 18w1d

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Cucumber!

Upcoming appointments: Midwife 20 week check-in and anatomy scan on 5/26!!!! I am so excited

How are you feeling?: SEXY! My boobs are huge and I am loving it. I've been definitely showing off the fact that I'm growing a human and have been telling everyone I see that I'm pregnant hahahaha especially the people who work at McDonalds because I feel like I basically live there now with how many breakfast burritos I eat hahahaha

Rants/Raves: None this week which is ODD  

Questions: Got nothing this week. 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? (Stolen from S21) Ohhhhhh probably Justin Timberlake? Freddie Prinz Jr? 

• Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 18 + 4, Oct 9th

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I have no idea 🤣🤣🤣 #thirdbabyproblems ?? 

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming appointments: June 3rd! Still feels forever away!! 

How are you feeling?: really good!! Just feeling heavy, it’s harder to maneuver myself around and roll over while I’m sleeping. 

Rants/Raves: Ranting on my belly button. From outside my shirt it looks like a giant fatty hole in my belly and I hate it! 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who was your first celebrity crush? Josh Hartnett 😆😆😆

• @kitandcat OMG same on the belly button issue!!!!! I feel like I have this gaping hole 🕳 when I wear a tight shirt 🤣🤣🤣 I hate it bahahah 
  • @mac-n-cheesy Thanks for the info! I didn't know about the pre-term/pre-e bit, but that makes sense for me since I had pre-e with my last pregnancy. Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
  • @mac-n-cheesy happy belated birthday!
  • @aztecash @gingermama46  @noprobalo thank you so much for the birthday well wishes!!!
  • @mac-n-cheesy, I'm so sorry you are dealing with the horrible HG. Don't apologize for venting, that's exactly what this forum is perfect for. I wish there was something I could do and say to make things better for you. 💔 I hope you at least had a wonderful birthday!