1st Trimester
Options

2 baby aspirin starting first trimester?

Hi!

So in my first pregnancy with my son, I had to be induced at 34 weeks due to preeclampsia. I'm now 8 wks, 4 days into my second pregnancy and just had my first appointment and ultrasound with my OB. She advised me to start taking 2 baby aspirins (162 mg) daily starting today.

Has anyone else experienced this? I think I'm just a little nervous because most of the people I've talked to who had to take baby aspirin or per some of the articles online, its standard to not only just take one baby aspirin (81 mg) but also to start in the second trimester (after 12 wks).

If anyone else has experienced this please let me know! I'm sure my OB knows what's she's doing but I can't help be a bit anxious. Thanks! :)

Answers

• Options
    FWIW, I'm 4 weeks along and my RE told me to take one baby aspirin every day after my embryo transfer. In fact, I had totally forgotten to take mine for the past few days, and your post reminded me, so thank you! But yeah, I had not been told to take baby aspirin during my first 2 pregnancies, but my RE said they recommend doing so since I have a history of miscarriage. 
  • Options
    Hi!

So in my first pregnancy with my son, I had to be induced at 34 weeks due to preeclampsia. I'm now 8 wks, 4 days into my second pregnancy and just had my first appointment and ultrasound with my OB. She advised me to start taking 2 baby aspirins (162 mg) daily starting today.

Has anyone else experienced this? I think I'm just a little nervous because most of the people I've talked to who had to take baby aspirin or per some of the articles online, its standard to not only just take one baby aspirin (81 mg) but also to start in the second trimester (after 12 wks).

If anyone else has experienced this please let me know! I'm sure my OB knows what's she's doing but I can't help be a bit anxious. Thanks! :)
    Is there a reason you don’t want to take aspirin? I feel like it’s prescribed for anyone with high blood pressure issues, of which preeclampsia would be one, and is often a case of “it doesn’t hurt and it might help”. If you have questions about your care plan you really need to be asking your doctor.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shinyobjectsshinyobjects member
    edited May 2021
    @animepunk23 I had hypertension going into my pregnancy with my dd 3 years ago. I took 2 baby asprin daily. Full disclosure I don't remember when I started, although I also don't remember there being any kind of "not before 12 weeks" stipulation. We all knew going into it bp would be an issue, the baby asprin helped. eta-tag