October 2021 Moms

May Appointments

What appointments do you have coming up this month?
How did they go?

Re: May Appointments

• I scheduled a last minute appointment for tomorrow afternoon. I was few really off today, just really run down, struggling to do stairs way more than I should, my right leg has felt really funny and weak all day. Had the nurse at school check my blood pressure and it was 80/42 (she checked it 3 times and got the same results all three times). My heartrate has also been up, over 100. They had me start on low dose aspirin to prevent high blood pressure later on but I think it’s dropping it too much now, so I’m going in to have it checked out.
    TTC History

Me: 26 DH: 27

TTC #1 | June '18-August '18 | DD | Born April 21, 2019 | Due May 10, 2019

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

TTC#2 | June '20-February '21 | DS | Due October 27, 2021

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • @cait32 I’m hoping it’s as simply as stopping the baby aspirin until further along. I’ve been taking it for the last two weeks like suggested and my blood pressure has tanked. I get the fear of preeclampsia but low blood pressure isn’t fun either. 👎🏼

@kandb4 so close!!!
    TTC History

• @chindimples04, oh no! How scary. I hope that stopping the aspirin helps so you feel better! 
  • @chindimples04 I specifically asked my OB about this because I normally have pretty low BP and was worried it would drop too low with the baby aspirin. He claimed that the baby aspirin doesn't actually lower you BP, just that it helps something related to the placenta to try and prevent high BP later on. I'm interested to hear what your doctor has to say about it and I hope it's an easy fix!
  • @grangerhp37 mine said the same thing, but if it dilates your blood vessels to prevent high blood pressure, I’m not seeing how it wouldn’t cause low blood pressure. Like, how does that make sense if it lowers high blood pressure but not “normal” blood pressure? We’ll see what they say. They may say I’m crazy, but I feel so off so i figured it’s worth asking.
    TTC History

• I had my appointment this afternoon. She really weren’t sure what was going on or what the cause was. She did say I could stop taking the low dose aspirin and see if I felt more normal, though she wasn’t convinced that was causing the issue. She ran a hemogram and an electrolyte panel. Hemogram looked great. Electrolyte panel was technically normal, but my sodium and potassium were on the exact threshold for low end, so who knows if that’s contributing or not. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 
    TTC History

• My next midwife appointment is Friday the 7th. I get so anxious before each one and fear not hearing a heartbeat on the Doppler. Being pregnant after losses is tough on the mind.. 
    my anatomy scan is 5/21. 
  • @chindimples04 sorry you’re dealing with this! Feeling weak and faint is not fun. I get easily light headed during pregnancy and I’ve been trying to drink a whole smart water a day and it seems to actually be helping some? Maybe haha just a thought! Also bananas do seem to help keep me more alert. Guess that would make sense with potassium and electrolytes!

@madiirosee prayers all is well and for peace for you! PGAL is so hard. My last pregnancy was after 3 losses and I was SO nervous before each Doppler check that it made my BP high every time so I finally convinced them to check it after Doppler instead 

I have an OB check on may 19th and my anatomy scan isn’t until June 2nd but I’m so eager for it to see baby again and find out the gender! Cant wait to really start working on names 😃
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @chindimples04 ugh! Sorry they didn't have much of an answer for you. Hopefully stopping the aspirin will make a world of difference
  • @madiirosee I feel the same as you. I lost 2 pregnancy before I got pregnant with this pregnancy. I've been taking it week by week. Feeling the baby move daily definitely helps me know things are still good.

I had my second appointment today. Heart rate is 150. At first when the Dr put the doppler on my abdomen I could hear the heartbeat. Then it was gone and I started to hear noises and ask what it was. The Dr said it was the baby moving. My doctor had to move the doppler across my abdomen to get the heartbeat again so she could get a reading. I scheduled my anatomy scan for the 24th of this month. My next check up is June 2nd
  • I had my 16w appointment today. Apparently it isn't useless, I had to get some blood test called AFP done to check for neural tube defects! My dr listened to the heartbeat and then went out to consult with the MFM on my questions if I should get an amnio one over my Fragile X question. They both said it's up to me, probably not worth it if I wouldn't terminate anyway, and the test wouldn't tell the level of disability necessarily if he does have it. Well, I scheduled one anyway for May 18. I can always cancel it if I change my mind. 
    Anatomy scan on the 24th. 
    Busy month!
  • @chindimples04 So frustrating to have symptoms with no answers. I’m glad everything checked out good so far tho. 

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. Eek! I’m so nervous! MFM wanted to do the scan a week early just to check for a shortened cervix since I had one in 2015 with my daughter. It never changed and everything was fine, but she said she can do it early too since I wasn’t able to do any testing and with loosing the one twin and my nerves crazy she was trying to put me at ease leaving the NT scan. I had my monthly check last week and all was well. 
  • I have my monthly check-in with my midwife on May 20 then my anatomy scan on the 26th! Can't wait to see that little babe moving and shaking in there! 
  • @steph-ann eeeek good luck!!!!
  • @steph-ann Best of luck today!
  • kandb4kandb4 member
    @steph-ann good luck!! 
  • 16 week appointment went well. Baby had an HB of 154. Anatomy scan 6/1! I had to do the early glucose testing due to my BMI, which annoyed me. I have a new doctor this time around because of a new office location, but I was heavier with DS and only had to do the 1 hour at 24 weeks with him. Oh well, the location of the lab is just a huge PITA.
  • Had my 16 week appointment yesterday. Her HB sounded good. My doctor is holding off on the PICC line for now but I’m out of work and on disability until June still. I haven’t lost anymore weight (BMI is still 17) so my doctor is hesitant to place one because of the risk of infection is so great with a line placed for 20 weeks. He told me if I start losing weight or have to go the the hospital for dehydration and intractable vomiting and get admitted again the PICC will happen. My OB is concerned I’m not gaining any weight from my lowest since being diagnosed and that’s likely going to lead to NST’s and growth scans later in this trimester and the third. With my DD, I delivered at 5’7” 117 lbs with a 5lb10oz baby.
    The financial impact of HG is really showing right now. The HG from 5 years ago and now has destroyed my molars and I need some dental work to get to a point where I can at least eat without pain. We just can’t afford it with all the medical bills from HG and me not working. I feel like I’m in a bad dream where my teeth are all falling out! Sorry I just needed to get that out because it’s an embarrassing topic I don’t share irl with many people.
    I also have an 18 week check up in a week and a half and then the anatomy scan June 1st. Praying everything goes well with the AS.
  • 18 week appointment went well! Baby girl’s heart is beating away at about 145. The midwife was actually able to find her in my tummy while I laid back had me feel her too. I was able to feel her in my hand!! So crazy. Now I know too that everything I’ve been feeling lately has been her. The rolling, kicking, all of it! 
  • @mac-n-cheesy Would you be able to work if you had the PICC? Or would it not make any difference in that, just weight gain? Gosh, I'm sorry, I can't even imagine. 😟

@madiirosee That's so nice! I can't wait until I can definitively feel my little guy. I mean, I think I am, but it's pretty infrequent.
  • @noprobalo probably not because of my lack of response to meds. I’m allergic to Reglan and Compazine, my Zofran pump is “failing” (I’m not responding to it) and Phenergan/Promethazine give me terrible anxiety. Those are all the anti-nausea meds they typically use. My doctor explained it would be a way to get parental nutrition and fluids, but it wouldn’t likely help with the overwhelming sickness I feel all day/night. 
    The reality:
    Right now I’m unable to do much more than attend to my daughter’s basic needs, grab a snack from the fridge, check the mail, or try to pick up the condo a bit before I have to lie down again. I wait until my SO comes home to take showers in case I can’t make it through. There are honestly days where it is too much effort to shower. I haven’t driven since January. Something that is really hard to talk about is my 5 year old DD. She is suffering so much because I can’t be the mother she needs to be. Her dad and I share custody and under my SO and I’s roof she is nearly completely emotionally, financially, physically and spiritually cared for by my SO. The guilt I feel is so intense.
    I just feel so stuck—my SO and I are in therapy individually and as a couple trying to cope.
    I actually am set-up to work from home ironically. I tried to back in March. I made it a few hours until I got so sick I literally just laid down on the floor at my desk and called my manager to explain. It’s just a mess and so overwhelming. The only thing that keeps me going day to day is that I need to get through this to be a mom to my DD again and the hope that I will have a healthy baby at the end of this journey. I need myself back so I can care for and be there for my family.

• k_rn21k_rn21 member
    I have an appointment today with the doctor. I am 15 weeks 4 days and tonight we have an elective US to see baby in 4D and determine the sex but we won’t find out until Sunday at our gender reveal. 
  • Went in for anatomy scan! However baby boy was moving too much they weren't able to visualize some parts. I was told nothing to worry about as all that were seen were normal. I just have to go back in 2 weeks to continue. Here's baby with his hand on face!