December 2021 Moms

Weekly randoms 5/3

I cannot stop thinking about this local bakery that makes homemade pop-tarts (guava and passionfruit!) but they only sell them in 4 packs for 35 dollars and I cannot bring myself to spend almost 40 dollars on pop tarts  :D 

Also, really struggling with multivitamins right now. Does anyone have one that doesn't make them queasy?

Re: Weekly randoms 5/3

• @bkjade Holy cow $35 bucks!!!! I don't blame you! And this is probably bad but the only ones I have been able to take are the Smarty Pants prenatal.
    TW
    BFP 6/3/19 EDD 2/14/20 BFP 4/15/21 EDD 12/20/21
    Diagnosed with PCOS & Hashimoto's
  • @bkjade those sound amazing, but I don’t think I could justify the cost too. I take gummy prenatal vitamins. I forget what brand I have right now, but I usually just pick up what’s on sale. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 2b1gmom2b1gmom member
    @bkjade I'm going to play devil's advocate and think you should totally try them! $35 is a lot for only 4 pop tarts but you should treat yourself!! I take Women's One a Day Prenatals but have been thinking of trying Ritual Prenatal vitamins. I've heard they are good for those that get queasy!

Today I had to purchase a new fridge. I got a Samsung with a pull out middle drawer for kids snacks and drinks, it also come with a water pitcher that fills itself. I'm pretty excited but not about the money we had to pay for it. It was cheaper to buy on Costco but we spent a little bit extra money to have it delivered next Thursday from Home Depot instead of waiting until the 18th which was Costco's delivery date.
    Married 12/28/13
    I'm 34 DH: 45
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    2 Failed Female Embryo transfers in 2017
    DS 3/28/18
    BFP and DD FET Due 12/22/21!

• @2b1gmom That's so exciting! New and dependable appliances are so nice to have! We just upgraded last year because everything broke at once lol.
    TW
  • @bkjade I take the One-A-Day Prenatal Advanced. It's a 2 pill system. I take them at night before bed & don't ever get nauseated.

My random is that I'm stalking the mailbox because my at home fetal doppler will be here today. The tracking number says it will be here before 6 PM, but it's coming via USPS and my mail is usually here around 2-3 PM. EEEPPP!!!!!! 
  • 2b1gmom2b1gmom member
    @brookert615 omg, I feel you on the everything breaking at once! UGH lol same here. 
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• 2b1gmom2b1gmom member

@mommaduck2490 I have one of those. So Fun!! I have to find it though. It's lost in my house somewhere. I hope you enjoy it!!
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• I'm taking Vitafol, which was prescribed by my MFM... no idea if it is really necessary to take a prescription prenatal vs OTC, but no complaints about the product itself.

@2b1gmom I’m jealous.. there’s nothing wrong with my fridge, but I’d love one of those huge ones with the extra drawers!
  • @bkjade- I feel you! I have been doing the target generic women’s gummy but I gag everytime
    i eat them (or take a pill) so just trying to make it thru!

@2b1gmom- wow that’s great you can get it so soon!! So many appliances are back ordered for months 
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • bkjadebkjade member
    @2b1gmom - i've been eyeing ritual too i think i'll give them a shot + new refrigerator yesssss, i am so jealous mine is such a pos  :D  
  • @bkjade I would definitely be buying those pop tarts LOL. Pregnancy puts my rosacea into remission so I eat whatever TF I want. It's 930am and I'm eating kettle chips haha. 
    I take mamafoods baby and me 2 prenatals. At least I think thats what it's called. It's 2 pills a day and it's vitamins are from food. It's expensive but worth it since I only have to take 2 a day and they don't make me sick. 

This weekend I'm having my dining room furniture painted as a mother's day gift for myself :) so excited for that! I know DH will forget so this year I took it upon myself to get what I want.
  • 2b1gmom2b1gmom member
    @bkjade They say extended release capsules so that it doesn't upset your stomach. The only thing is that I think the Ritual vitamins you have to take 2 a day. I'm usually a one and done!

@PYLWhammy maybe your fridge just happens to stop working one day 😉
    @JamieH2000 I had no idea! Most of the delivery dates for refrigerators I saw were two weeks but somehow I got next Thursday. Just crossing my fingers that they can still deliver on that date and nothing happens!
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• 2b1gmom2b1gmom member
    @kaitcrystalline ugh Rosacea is a pain in the butt! I was having some bad flare ups at the beginning of the pregnancy when I started introducing the hormonal shots. It's been ok for now but comes back every once and awhile when I don't sleep well at night.
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• @bkjade I take Alive gummy prenatal at night with a small snack. I don’t get queasy.
  • @bkjade I love pop tarts 🤤 

@mommaduck2490 yay!! The Doppler was SO great for my pgal brain with my boys. I can’t wait for another week or two to try it. I found both boys’ heartbeats by 9 weeks. 

@2b1gmom yay for a new fridge and so quickly! It was so exciting when we got ours when we moved. Not fun to spend the $$$$ though 

@kaitcrystalline what a great gift for yourself!

I have to register our new car this week (we’ve had it almost a month, I’m a procrastinator haha). My moms biopsy is Thursday. We’re having a play date Friday with someone I went to HS with that moved to the same city we live in now 3 hours from where we grew up. I haven’t seen her since maybe college? Hoping we have fun. 
    *TW*
    Me:35 DH:35
    Dx: PCOS
    DS1 born 11/2014
    DS2 born 11/2018
    3 previous losses
    Rainbow baby due 12/2021 - Team Green

• 2b1gmom2b1gmom member
    @mockingjay1 Hope you have a fun playdate! Yeah, spending the money is no fun when we really need to start saving for this baby! 
    Married 12/28/13
    DS 1/29/16 IVF
    DS 3/28/18

• rgn12rgn12 member
    @bkjade okay, I need some of these homemade pop tarts now.... Also, I take one-a-day prenatals, and have for the last 2.5 years when I was TTC with my DD. Never had any issues!

@mommaduck2490 did you get your doppler? How was it? I just posted above about my experience today with mine, I hope you have good luck with yours! 

@2b1gmom that’s exciting about the new fridge! We purchased one in February and it keeps getting back ordered. It was finally delivered a couple of weeks ago, with a gigantic dent so now we’re waiting even longer!!! So annoying! 🙄

• DD woke up for the day at 330 this morning. Luckily DH got up with her, but she was in and out of our room until I finally got up at 6. I'm exhausted and just feel crummy overall. I'm starting to regret moving her to a toddler bed because she's started getting out of bed in the middle of the night or taking forever to go to bed. I'm over it. 
  • Sorry guys! I have been really absent. We are closing on our conditions for the new house and it's been a busy week of inspections and getting quotes for repairs. I have also started packing the house up. It's a lot.
  • @PYLWhammy She's 2.5. Well, she'll be 3 in August, so closer to that. She was great in her toddler bed for about a month, but then the last few weeks she's been a nightmare. I'm open to any advice if anybody has some.
  • @melbel0824 my daughter went through a huge sleep regression at around that age. We ended up hiring a sleep consultant and I swear it was the best money I ever spent. But the bottom line is to set boundaries and be consistent. If you are struggling, I always recommend looking into a sleep consultant. Sleep is SO important and it affects everyone in the family.
  • @PYLWhammy Glad you got some rest! 

@kaitcrystalline Good luck with closing and packing! 

TW
  • @PYLWhammy Ohhh any advice from your sleep consultant? We have a pretty good routine that we try to stick with every night, and the actual going to bed isn't the battle. But after we leave the room, she comes out a million times and it takes like an hour and a half for her to finally go to sleep. I think I'm going to try and make a reward chart and see if that helps instead of starting out all calm and then getting frustrated. 
  • @melbel0824 My daughter has always been a terrible sleeper since day 1. I kept thinking she’d start sleeping better after turning one. Nope. Then I was hopeful for two. Still nope. Now, after 3 years I have given up on it just magically happening and got some melatonin gummies. We started them a month ago. They have been a freaking lifesaver! DD has slept through the night more in this past month than she ever had in her life. We started out every night, and then I would forget here and there but she still slept on those nights as well. Our bottle is almost empty and I think I’m going to wait and see how she does for awhile before getting more. 

Not saying this is the answer for everyone, but it sure has helped us! Hope you can find something that works for you!
  • @savedbygrace1213 Awe no! That's awful and hilarious about the cereal sneeze! And seriously so cute about your daughter said!  <3
    TW
  • @savedbygrace1213- that is the cutest story!! Made my day!!
    History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • @melbel0824 I agree with @savedbygrace1213 that melatonin might be worth a try. Although you might need to check with your doc as to the correct dosage. It won’t help her stay asleep all night, but it helps with falling asleep.

as for advice from my sleep consultant - my daughters issues were a bit different but I think some of these basics might help - be super clear up front about the boundaries. Stay in her room next to her bed for a few nights until she falls asleep, then sit closer to her door for a few nights, then sit in a chair just outside her room for a few nights, and so on until she is able to fall asleep on her own without you there. Every time she gets out of bed, take her right back. If she’s upset you can comfort her next to the bed. Prizes or a chart or whatever work for some kids, worth a shot but doesn’t work for every kid. Happy to help some more if I can - obviously I’m not a professional, just been put through the wringer with my own kid!!